Re: 21 turbo parts

Quote Originally Posted by KEV 5 GT View Post
    anyone have any bits for a 21 turbo / wheels / nice exhaust system / ect
    Try haz im sure hes got some uprated parts for the 21t

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just those parts? I sourced loads of bits but still undecided what I plan to use, I may keep it std ish and sell bits to fund the 11?
    I have Europacup cam, adjustable vernier, steel liners, paddle clutch, chipped ecu, adaptronic 420b ecu, few engines, Europacup (prima) bonnet/side skirts and front bumper just off the top of my head. Will be going through it all once I get the van out of my garage next week.
    Have you just got the 21? Which one?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

ive just picked this phase 1 up i think its been in the club before does anyone know it.... its totaly stock but i want to see around 250bhp out of her and chip it with some wheels and an exhaust ect....ive also got a r5 gtt haz
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

hi there that's my 21 I had for a while I drove it every where Ireland france Belgium and Holland and never let me down rob.

Post Thanks / Like

ive just picked this phase 1 up i think its been in the club before does anyone know it.... its totaly stock but i want to see around 250bhp out of her and chip it with some wheels and an exhaust ect....ive also got a r5 gtt haz
    There are no chips really for the car. Nick Hill racing did one , but it was phase 3 ( dizzyless ) only.

250 is quite a tall order on standard internals. You will need cam , single FMIC , boost controller , injectors , turbo , elbow modification without going standalone.

I spy BOB!

Leave it on the ph1 one wheels ( sorry Haz ) and buy Haz europacup cam , get some aftermarket from Chris ( EFI Parts ) and say hello to bigger power with less hassle.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

rob how long did you own it for mate do you know abit about the car and who you sold it to ? the lad i got her off said he had it trailored to him not sure if it came from you ?

Post Thanks / Like

That car is to nice to chav up with wheels and junk like that leave it standard there can't be many standard ones left

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

yes thats what im thinking leave it standard im really thinking of a tad more power

Post Thanks / Like

rob how long did you own it for mate do you know abit about the car and who you sold it to ? the lad i got her off said he had it trailored to him not sure if it came from you ?
    hi kev
    I had the car for 12 months and the mrs used it as a daily driver during this time aswell, we used it to go aboard aswell and I can tell you I had it off the clock in Europe.
    when I got car it just had a new clutch fitted you should have a receipt for this work but the car had a lot more problems which I sorted.
    new front discs pads,
    new rear pads,
    new rear wheel bearings hubs,
    new water pump antifreeze,
    fitted second hand exhaust manifold,
    new rad fan switch and a manual override switch,
    fitted a pace intercooler as the original was split,
    full service engine oil gear oil plugs air filter,
    fitted new tyres all round toyo r1r and laser tracked,
    I sold the car to unknow buyer didn't look at the car, a transporter collected the 21 and payed cash that's the last I seen of it picture added rob.

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Andy, I recon 250 on std internals is fine, gotta remember that most split liners weren't on standalone, with the correct map sensors etc.
    I'm going back to std wheels too, but each to their own.
    Europacup cam is good for just over 300bhp, so long as its matched with other goodies, the design is a bit 80's rally so will be lumpy at idle.
    420b is the older version of what scoff sells now, but will do the job, I'll wack it on if I still have it once its built back up.
    Bentley t3 or bigger for 250bhp, with at least a 2.5" turbo back system, bigger injectors and imo a cossie front mount. Realistically your prob looking at £1000 unless you find some real bargains.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    Andy, I recon 250 on std internals is fine, gotta remember that most split liners weren't on standalone, with the correct map sensors etc.
    Yes, 100% agree. I dont think I phrased my post correctly.

I would invest in standalone first , mods after. I know of a 21 turbo that made very good power on almost standard everything.

Post Thanks / Like

nice 21t

Post Thanks / Like

Bentley t3 or bigger for 250bhp, with at least a 2.5" turbo back system, bigger injectors and imo a cossie front mount. Realistically your prob looking at £1000 unless you find some real bargains.
    I would modify the turbo elbow. Its a poor 90 degree design.

You will also need a big cooler. Not a little 2wd cossie one , more rs500 style.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

well picked her up tonight and shes a beauty whats stock boost do they run ? can i just up the boost a few psi without doing anything else to it and if so how do i do it as im only familier with the 5

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

I think stock boost is 15psi and make 175bhp. the map sensor is a 2bar so anything above 14psi is just linear to the std map. 16-17psi seems to be fine assuming everything is working as it should. Above 18psi seems to be liner cracking territory. The std injectors run a high duty cycle and simply max out around there so imo just keep it std until you start upgrading bits.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

ok as im new to this era can you point me to where to start off with as im compleatley in the dark as when it comes to the 21 it all new to me so any help would be good as i dont wanna blow her up just want a little more

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that Renault have seemed to have it close to the limits so not much to gain without changing bits. The first limit is the injectors, even assuming the fuel pump and filter are up to scratch, an afr gauge will keep an eye on things. Injectors want to be bigger, a rising rate fuel regulator will allow for more boost to a point but may be enough for you. Set it up based on afr's you see for std boost and 'should' allow an increase monitoring afr's to keep it safe. Det cams are worth getting, even stethoscope's are cheap from motor factors.
    After that there are injector, chipped ecu, map sensor packages but how they actually perform to what they are supposed to would be pot luck these days, again an afr kit would let you know.
    Changing the exhaust will only improve things if its a turbo back system, air filter only when upping the boost.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

im gonna fit a boost guage in first where is this plumbed into ?

Post Thanks / Like

im gonna fit a boost guage in first where is this plumbed into ?
    You are really better off registering over on 21toc buddy. I think there are very few 21turbo owners over here.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

is it a payed site like this one andy ?

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Plumb it anywhere between the turbo, boost run and manifold. I like to t into either the vac pipe to the ecu or fuel reg so you see what they are seeing.

21toc is donation, £10 I think, worth joining as more 21 based but no where near as active as here purely as there's not many 21's/owners.

Post Thanks / Like

Plumb it anywhere between the turbo, boost run and manifold. I like to t into either the vac pipe to the ecu or fuel reg so you see what they are seeing.

21toc is donation, £10 I think, worth joining as more 21 based but no where near as active as here purely as there's not many 21's/owners.
    Free now Haz. Donate if you want, dont if you dont

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

deos anyone know how many 21ts are owned and left i will pop over and join it do they still meet up like the 5s ?

Post Thanks / Like

No renault21 owners don't go to any meets as most of them are grumpy old men that can't be bothered

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turbo ted View Post
    No renault21 owners don't go to any meets as most of them are grumpy old men that can't be bothered
    Cheeky bugger !

We all met at the Retro Day in '13 and outnumbered the fives by about 3:1

Post Thanks / Like

deos anyone know how many 21ts are owned and left i will pop over and join it do they still meet up like the 5s ?
    Very few !

Even fewer quadras.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andybond View Post
    Cheeky bugger !

We all met at the Retro Day in '13 and outnumbered the fives by about 3:1
    Retro day where at Malloy park on the back of Rtoc event ,
    Retro day at pod was a wash with gt turbos but I was there in bob