Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Something abit different :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Cl...ht_3084wt_1399

c1j in a 03 clio lol

in slough near the car.crash pmsl

Post Thanks / Like

Saw the clio the other day, if the person really did spend that much on a conversion they're a mug, there are several far better engines that could have been fitted for the money

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

silly man, thats just nuts!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

First post!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjibrady View Post
    Saw the clio the other day, if the person really did spend that much on a conversion they're a mug, there are several far better engines that could have been fitted for the money
    Lol that's my car..ok so where do I start to educate you

The conversion cost 2k and the rest went on a brand new yellow spec engine and every other brand new bit to go alongside for 7k

So mr clever man pls tell me what other engines could have gone in place instead for a 7k engine and full set up plus 2k fitting on the road price in 2006?

Here's the rules:
    It has to be brand new I.e rebuilt/forged as it's going on a new car at the time and not an old dog (3 year old)
    Every single part to accompany it has to be brand new too as I don't do rust
    It has to be turbo'd
    Be capable of 300bhp
    Has to be small as poss in aid of lightness so a big 2 litre lump with big heavy gearbox won't do.
    Have parts and spares widely available.

Ps-Remember this is 2006 by the way so if your thinking a 172 turbo engine then you will be well over budget as to have one built turbo'd etc, you are talking well over 10k (it has to be done properly) just on the engine set up in 06 as they were new cars at this time and that don't include the doner car. you then need to factor in gear box, driveshafts, hubs, brakes, bla bla bla which in 2006 alone cost more then your whole r5 as did my alloys and suspension (no offence lol)

I'm looking forward to hearing about the Volvo engine ..

Now pls enlighten me with your immense knowledge so we can see who the mug is? I have a calculator here ready in hand to assist the 7k target

To the man mentioning slough yes the car is stored there??.. I live in west london as where the car is actually registered too on the log book, what area are you from?
    Last edited by K1r5; 19-01-2014 at 02:52.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K1r5 View Post

To the man mentioning slough yes the car is stored there??.. I live in west london as where the car is actually registered too on the log book, what area are you from?
    im in brighton i like the conversion and was only speaking to someone about 3 months ago about if its been done in the past, a couple of members live in slough lol

id wait for the abuse theres plenty on here to enlighten you pmsl

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see some RTOC gold in the next few posts..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post

I can see some RTOC gold in the next few posts..
    i love gold but maybe not the rtoc type

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this on ebay too, a lot of work gone into it agree...good luck with the sale. I wonder if it retain the clios handling mated with the 5's power, should make for a great car to drive. As far as conversions go you never get back what you put in that's for sure. . Still got to love it as its something different and very cool.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by R5MJH View Post
    im in brighton i like the conversion and was only speaking to someone about 3 months ago about if its been done in the past, a couple of members live in slough lol

id wait for the abuse theres plenty on here to enlighten you pmsl
    No problem chap to be honest it's a shame iv had to come on here in the fashion I have and instead of saying hi to people and introducing my self had to start on a negative..

None of the above was a dig at anyone personally so hope that doesn't come across like that but I just don't like it when someone gives there negative opinion on something when they don't have all the facts at hand so off course me being me il have to say my piece.

any abuse is more then welcome but I'm pretty good at handing it out too lol

If matey can price me up a full conversion for the needs I listed for less then 7k on 2006 prices then good luck to him but it's not happening..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B18ftMOJO5 View Post
    I saw this on ebay too, a lot of work gone into it agree...good luck with the sale. I wonder if it retain the clios handling mated with the 5's power, should make for a great car to drive. As far as conversions go you never get back what you put in that's for sure. . Still got to love it as its something different and very cool.
    Much appreciated mate for the nice comment and you are correct-I knew the minute I was doing it that I wasn't going to get the notes back but I accepted that before I began it being the typical car crazy modder..It did handle great too as you mentioned and really stuck with the original engine mated to the Koni's but since the conversion was done I haven't even put my foot down to find out what it's like with r5 power.

It was one of those projects where they said it would cost 5k which then went up then each week I'd get a call and they would say they need to weld this or cut that or contact mongoose to get them to custom this bla bla bla and before they had even finished the car I had bought a 3 year old focus rs which I fell in love with and had modded to making 360bhp.

Off course I'm older and wiser now and can do most of the work my self where as back then I didn't know how to change an oil filter lol

Post Thanks / Like

forgot the main thing, lol welcome to the club mate...

Post Thanks / Like

No problem chap to be honest it's a shame iv had to come on here in the fashion I have and instead of saying hi to people and introducing my self had to start on a negative..

None of the above was a dig at anyone personally so hope that doesn't come across like that but I just don't like it when someone gives there negative opinion on something when they don't have all the facts at hand so off course me being me il have to say my piece.

any abuse is more then welcome but I'm pretty good at handing it out too lol

If matey can price me up a full conversion for the needs I listed for less then 7k on 2006 prices then good luck to him but it's not happening..
    out of interest chap whats it up for last time i saw it was auction

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

out of interest chap whats it up for last time i saw it was auction
    It's on 2250 at the moment with 3 days to go and 208 watchers, there's someone who might come to view later but I'm actually starting to have a few second thoughts now so if it doesn't make what I want it too then Il keep it and wait until I come across a good r5 rolling shell, fit it up turn up the dials and enjoy it for a bit then sell it with a rolling road print out.

Only trouble is I have a few other cars which are my main joy and don't have the space for 3 cars at my new place that I'm moving to so we will see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

First post!

Lol that's my car..ok so where do I start to educate you

The conversion cost 2k and the rest went on a brand new yellow spec engine and every other brand new bit to go alongside for 7k

So mr clever man pls tell me what other engines could have gone in place instead for a 7k engine and full set up plus 2k fitting on the road price in 2006?

Here's the rules:
    It has to be brand new I.e rebuilt/forged as it's going on a new car at the time and not an old dog (3 year old)
    Every single part to accompany it has to be brand new too as I don't do rust
    It has to be turbo'd
    Be capable of 300bhp
    Has to be small as poss in aid of lightness so a big 2 litre lump with big heavy gearbox won't do.
    Have parts and spares widely available.

Ps-Remember this is 2006 by the way so if your thinking a 172 turbo engine then you will be well over budget as to have one built turbo'd etc, you are talking well over 10k (it has to be done properly) just on the engine set up in 06 as they were new cars at this time and that don't include the doner car. you then need to factor in gear box, driveshafts, hubs, brakes, bla bla bla which in 2006 alone cost more then your whole r5 as did my alloys and suspension (no offence lol)

I'm looking forward to hearing about the Volvo engine ..

Now pls enlighten me with your immense knowledge so we can see who the mug is? I have a calculator here ready in hand to assist the 7k target

No offence taken, my 5 is a heap, but it's only the toy car, I have a '10 clio rs 200 as a daily.

£7K - I would have gone for the clio f7p lump, would have said that (bearing in mind in '06 I was only 14) as that would have been circa £300 - £500

Then forged, turbo'd & Standalone engine management (possibly megasquirt as the kits are around £400)

Used a clio RSI gearbox as the final drive is slightly lower. With slightly modified 172 driveshafts and brakes.

Having said all that, the car has bids, so clearly I'm the one in the wrong. Best of luck with the sale.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Benjibrady View Post
    No offence taken, my 5 is a heap, but it's only the toy car, I have a '10 clio rs 200 as a daily.

£7K - I would have gone for the clio f7p lump, would have said that (bearing in mind in '06 I was only 14) as that would have been circa £300 - £500

Then forged, turbo'd & Standalone engine management (possibly megasquirt as the kits are around £400)

Used a clio RSI gearbox as the final drive is slightly lower. With slightly modified 172 driveshafts and brakes.

Having said all that, the car has bids, so clearly I'm the one in the wrong. Best of luck with the sale.
    Not really the route I wanted to go down but fair enough..

My apologies for giving the mouth mate and hopefully all forgotten..

Post Thanks / Like

Same bud re-reading my post that was an ar5e way to have put it.

Motor looks nice as well obviously as I'm an avid clio fan.

Best of luck with the sale

Post Thanks / Like

Feck me, an RTOC love in. What the hell is going on?
    Um this is RTOC right......................

Post Thanks / Like

300hp yeh

I've not seen this on the road around here.
    Smart bay
    Last edited by car.crash; 19-01-2014 at 10:04.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    Feck me, an RTOC love in. What the hell is going on?
    Um this is RTOC right......................
    you took the words out of my mouth boss

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    300hp yeh

I've not seen this on the road around here.
    Smart bay
    not sure its 300 marc maybe capable of

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

not sure its 300 marc maybe capable of
    No deffo not 300 mate as it's still running about 0.5 bar run in boost plus it also won't make 300 on this turbo maybe 220-230.

But with a different turbo bb performance tested this same engine on there a14 bbt at the time and I believe he told me he tested it to 347 bhp if memory serves me right at which point it lasted 50 minutes before it went bang lol so they pegged it back to just over 300 where it lasted over 30,000 miles of which was mostly hard use which ain't too bad when you think about it.

God knows what and who are doing the forged up engines now days as iv been away from the renault scene for a long time and obviously bbpt went down the pan..I guess times have moved and people are getting even more power out of them??

Post Thanks / Like

bbptuning are still trading under a new name enginedynamics.com, when bbpt ran that demo car at 347hp to make that power it was at 50psi and on race fuel not pump fuel.
    And no c1j is going to make anyway near 300hp un less you spend £10,000 grand or more with full efi setup.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turbo ted View Post
    bbptuning are still trading under a new name enginedynamics.com, when bbpt ran that demo car at 347hp to make that power it was at 50psi and on race fuel not pump fuel.
    And no c1j is going to make anyway near 300hp un less you spend £10,000 grand or more with full efi setup.
    Yeh they did try to sell me the efi back then but it was very new at the time and was expensive back then.. I'm guessing they are more reasonable priced to add now days?

Ahh cool so they are back then.. Anyone know what ever happened to a14 bbt? I loved that car!

Where in london you from mate?

Post Thanks / Like

the a14bbt car is still going in Essex area some old boy in he's 60's bought the car along with there black clio turbo conversion car when they went bankrupt.
    the two cars get brought back too enginedynamics once a year for a service you can see these cars on enginedynamics facebook page,
    I live in Greenford just off the a40 turboted

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by turbo ted View Post
    the a14bbt car is still going in Essex area some old boy in he's 60's bought the car along with there black clio turbo conversion car when they went bankrupt.
    the two cars get brought back too enginedynamics once a year for a service you can see these cars on enginedynamics facebook page,
    I live in Greenford just off the a40 turboted
    Ah cool stuff il check them out!

Wow I went cardinal wiseman..small world!

I live in Ealing

Post Thanks / Like

Ah cool stuff il check them out!

Wow I went cardinal wiseman..small world!

I live in Ealing
    I went to Walford high up the road.
    Ted never went to school. He was a potato farmer in Ireland.

Post Thanks / Like

Marc, if you are going to continue abusing members then the least you could do is re-join

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    Marc, if you are going to continue abusing members then the least you could do is re-join
    I don't abuse them, Robbie knows I loves him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    I don't abuse them, Robbie knows I loves him.

Post Thanks / Like

Pay the money you tight git Marc and I might respond to your racist comments

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer it this way, now I don't get to see all the political rubbish on the closed boards

http://youtu.be/cDg07hd0BhQ