Post Thanks / Like

Airbag reset

I have got a clio 1.2 with the airbag light on.
    The previous owner informed me the drivers seat airbag had fired.
    The seat has been replaced so it has a fresh airbag and pretensioner.

I have been informed the ecu will need to be replaced or erased for the light to go out but I've read once this is done the ecu may not like the new airbag or pretensioner and will need coding in with clip.
    Has anyone been in a similar situation and managed to solve it?

I have the airbag ecu out ready to be repaired or replaced.

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Airbag reset

You need a 1.2 clio airbag computer with the same part number printed on it, the same as the one in the car at the moment. Then clip connected to get rid of the lights on the dash.
    I can do the re- config/dash lights with my clip machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the rear pretensioner has also been replaced as it has a scrap yard tipex code on it.

I've read If all airbags and pretensioners have been replaced then a new ecu or a crash delete from mine will solve it with no clip coding needed.

Confused now as its all conflicting.
    The car can't be moved so hopefully I won't need clip

Guess I need to get another ecu and go from there.

Post Thanks / Like

What if you disconnect the sensor or disturb it ,light comes on how do you delete light on dash ?? Sorry for hijack , just need renault clip machine

Post Thanks / Like

the airbag ecu is self diagnostic so if you uinplug a airbag the light will appear on the dash. plug the bag back in and the light will dissapear.
    the clio 2's suffer from bad connectors under the seats and most have the light on, rejoin the wires proerly and it dissapears withpout needing clip or disconnect the bag and tensioners and fit a 3ohm resistor in their place if going for aftremarket seats and wheel.

if your light wont clear from a disturbance you may have further issues and will need clip or pin out test.
    think it get tricky when airbags have fired as the ecu holds the info and needs resetting even if new bags or tensioners have been fitted.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    the airbag ecu is self diagnostic so if you uinplug a airbag the light will appear on the dash. plug the bag back in and the light will dissapear.
    the clio 2's suffer from bad connectors under the seats and most have the light on, rejoin the wires proerly and it dissapears withpout needing clip or disconnect the bag and tensioners and fit a 3ohm resistor in their place if going for aftremarket seats and wheel.

if your light wont clear from a disturbance you may have further issues and will need clip or pin out test.
    think it get tricky when airbags have fired as the ecu holds the info and needs resetting even if new bags or tensioners have been fitted.
    What crash said. Pugs are the same.

Just done my mates Clio. Plug under the seat. Cut the wires and solder them together, then shrink wrap.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks mate