Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Adey aka ewok the trial

Please only respond to this is you are in a position too, so a CM. Please do not post if you are a general member as i don't want this to fall into another crap thread.

So I have been placed on the restricted members list for things listed in the Committee Update thread.

Namely this "these members have started to contact RTOC members directly through our site & consider stealing club Intellectual Property" and "Sending PM's out, poaching members through the club is underhand and will not be tollerated"

Now a few things have come to light recently so as i haven't actually had any contact about this and can not contact anyone via pm i will list them here.

1.I have not contacted or sent out pm's to anyone on here trying to poach them.

I will however admit that my location for a very short period was the other site.

The only messages sent out were for the intention of people already on the site, namely the creator of the first proboards version.

2. I have not tried to take steel or remove what you call intellectual property from the site.

as stated here by Ashy said directly to me "The committee felt that getting in touch with Rich Russell to try and gain permission to take our Articles to use on your site was reason enough."

and then here by Romil "We have had contact from a different member of RTOF who has said they contacted Rich. But this was done on your request to upload articles to your site"

This was posted by the person that actually did it

"Steve, no content issue. I approached off my own back rich to ask, I saw both forums working.. Theft was not even a thought on my mind. Hence trying to do it in correct fashion.

Sorry everybody my nieveaty made things worse."

So that didn't happen by myself or anyone on the list.

Just to add the info is intellectual property of rich and not the club, but if i wanted to steal it i would? but that's not my thing.

So have i been restricted for starting another website though you list this as not a problem "we have had no objection to this site being created"? or for having my location set to my website for a short period? Because i cant see that i have been restricted for everything listed in the thread. This is an individual case and should not be treated as a group thing and the same goes for the other people who have been placed on the list as these were individual actions by individuals.

If you could reply i would greatly appreciate it as the reasons i have been given are not good enough. I feel as a paying member of rtoc setting my location to another website is not enough to warrant the treatment i have been given from those in charge and then the abuse that has then ensued by people believing your false or ill informed accusations.

As stated before i am happy to discuss this with any of the CM's.

I have tried to place this in a place that can not be seen by potential members but am happy for you to move it if this is in the incorrect place.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Adey

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adey aka ewok the trial

Adey, I could move this so no other members can see it, but that would mean you wouldn't either.. Do you want me to do that or leave it here. I am not on the committee so can't comment on any that you ask about.
    ATB

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

If you could leave it here please, as its the only way i can have contact with the committee. If it is moved i will then loose any form on conversation that could be had. Thanks though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    If you could leave it here please, as its the only way i can have contact with the committee. If it is moved i will then loose any form on conversation that could be had. Thanks though
    No worries. I will draw attention to this for you.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There is now a board that does not appear in the Live Window, so we can move all non car 'discussion' threads to there.

Starting with this on and the other one.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to add a point here too, Please excuse me if I have read something wrong.

A long long time ago I spent many of my own hours, copying, changing files and then uploading pictures from dialogys onto this site... many pictures from the Renault 5 files as well as a few others...

IF these are any of the files in question they do not belong to me, or RTOC for that matter. I had discussed their use with Renault UK and had permission to share them, NOT to give any rights or ownership to them...

I also still have all my original workshop engine,gearbox manuals ... ohhh, apart from the V6 which is with Clee right now .. Oh and a set of dialogys discs and a full set of microfiche .. all with permission to share, use for "useful" information..

Post Thanks / Like

6 days since i was put on restricted access, has there been any movement or anyone willing to comment?

Post Thanks / Like

day 7 in the RTOC household...

Post Thanks / Like

Day 8 and still no direct contact from those in charge? I've paid for access to the site, I can't even view a list of my own started threads?

Post Thanks / Like

There was a post in here from a cm but they all seem to be gone? Any updates committee?

Post Thanks / Like

It seems this section is being more heavily censored that any that appear in the live window Maybe I'm missing the point

I do think enough time has passed for there to have been a resolution

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    It seems this section is being more heavily censored that any that appear in the live window Maybe I'm missing the point

I do think enough time has passed for there to have been a resolution
    Yeah get this sorted. Enough time has passed. Even I'm sick to death of the committees lack of ability in this case.

Post Thanks / Like

i did have contact in here from a cm saying something about the weekend, but alas nothing has been done that can be seen? a lot of cm's have been in and read this thread but none are commenting, unless they are and its all getting deleted before i get to read it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottKinnear View Post
    Yeah get this sorted. Enough time has passed. Even I'm sick to death of the committees lack of ability in this case.
    until some one comments with a moaning comment about how bad the committee are with dealing with stuff ,nothing will be done.

del this comment as I know adey does not want other members commenting are this thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Theres been no useful comments from the committee (one that I saw but that's gone??) so go for it, I was trying to keep a clean thread for actual discussion with them but that's not happened in the slightest

Post Thanks / Like

Theres been no useful comments from the committee (one that I saw but that's gone??) so go for it, I was trying to keep a clean thread for actual discussion with them but that's not happened in the slightest
    same sh*t different day mate , the committee don't have time in my thoughts but that's not all of them , times do change and I understand people have other commitments , but it takes 5 mins to log on and sort out the issues with the sinking ship of rtoc

Post Thanks / Like

Glug glug man the life rafts she is going down!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phil W View Post
    And you guys are doing exactly what about it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phil W View Post
    If we keep saying it, then maybe it'll happen

but it takes 5 mins to log on and sort out the issues

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt View Post
    until some one comments with a moaning comment about how bad the committee are with dealing with stuff ,nothing will be done.

del this comment as I know adey does not want other members commenting are this thread.
    Why delete it? My comment says what you wrote?????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottKinnear View Post
    Why delete it? My comment says what you wrote?????
    Cause adey didn't want other members messing the thread up with comments,see top of thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    I don't mind helping the club out ,it's just a load of bollo#ks that you baNned one member for speaking his mind and restricting another 3 ,only cause he set up a web site ,Jesus I will set up ten renault gt site on the web .

And adey wants his full membership back and has been waiting 8days for a response has he got one ?

Post Thanks / Like

12 days now since I was restricted. I've also offered my self to help with the site on numerous occasions.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind helping the club out ,it's just a load of bollo#ks that you baNned one member for speaking his mind and restricting another 3 ,only cause he set up a web site ,Jesus I will set up ten renault gt site on the web .

And adey wants his full membership back and has been waiting 8days for a response has he got one ?
    Matt if you go on to rtof and read some of the posts it is actually a club that has been set up not a forum/website.Thats just a statement as i think all four guys should be back with rtoc.All have helped me out with advice in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't ban anyone and whilst I personally may not agree, if they didn't make their own beds some may argue that they brought their own mattress and duvet.
    I also think letting this situation drag on is totally counter productive and just adding grist to the mill BUT what also irritates me is the almost constant snipping from the sides that is just pointless.

Post Thanks / Like

There's only a small group of members that are letting it drag on. You can see my first post, and the response to the accusations and reasons for the restricting, do you think I made my own bed? I honestly don't think I deserve the restriction considering I am a paying and contributing member. All the crap in this thread would be sorted and stop if it was sorted out.

Post Thanks / Like

There's only a small group of members that are letting it drag on. You can see my first post, and the response to the accusations and reasons for the restricting, do you think I made my own bed? I honestly don't think I deserve the restriction considering I am a paying and contributing member. All the crap in this thread would be sorted and stop if it was sorted out.
    Isn't that what I just said.

Post Thanks / Like

Apologies I took your "May not" as you might also rather than a don't agree so I asked directly

Post Thanks / Like

I will stop dragging it on then, and moaning about it then , and it will be brushed under the carpet like it has done imo.

as I am one of the few that are still dragging this on,i give up moaning!

and let adey deal with it , I was trying to support an other member or members.

Post Thanks / Like

The small group I'm referring to are the committee

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus Christ, I take a back seat for a few weeks with the odd look in to check the basics and this goes down

So Adey others have been restricted for speaking their minds and in Adey's case running another Renault website, if we can't be involved in another club while on here you might as well restrict every members account, I myself am a member of at least 3 other Renault forums, doesn't mean I'm trying to bring the RTOC down.

We live in a free country, not Russia at the height of the Soviet Union FFS, freedom of speech and everyone is entitled to their own opinion is the half the point of a club, if we can talk, share ideas and give advice and opinions we might aswell close the club now.

I don't normally get involved in the politics of the forum in this case I am because this insanity, the committee was setup to improve the forum, to help the club grow and be a voice for the members of the club, not some Gestapo like group banning people because their opinion is different to their own.

This matter has to be settled ASAP or the club will be torn apart, a vote is in order that every member will be part of to bring an end to this madness.

Post Thanks / Like

I will stop dragging it on then, and moaning about it then , and it will be brushed under the carpet like it has done imo.

as I am one of the few that are still dragging this on,i give up moaning!

and let adey deal with it , I was trying to support an other member or members.
    Matt, that's not what I meant.

Tbh I'm getting to the point I don't give **** anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoolio View Post
    I have clearly suggested what needs doing! The point is the so called CM's don't want to release their 'power' to make change they will have to be pro-active in making it happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Os8472 View Post
    Jesus Christ, I take a back seat for a few weeks with the odd look in to check the basics and this goes down

So Adey others have been restricted for speaking their minds and in Adey's case running another Renault website, if we can't be involved in another club while on here you might as well restrict every members account, I myself am a member of at least 3 other Renault forums, doesn't mean I'm trying to bring the RTOC down.

We live in a free country, not Russia at the height of the Soviet Union FFS, freedom of speech and everyone is entitled to their own opinion is the half the point of a club, if we can talk, share ideas and give advice and opinions we might aswell close the club now.

I don't normally get involved in the politics of the forum in this case I am because this insanity, the committee was setup to improve the forum, to help the club grow and be a voice for the members of the club, not some Gestapo like group banning people because their opinion is different to their own.

This matter has to be settled ASAP or the club will be torn apart, a vote is in order that every member will be part of to bring an end to this madness.

and everyone knows this , why are certain committee members being so punishing , by doing this to long term memebers and good members of this club.
    like you said its a free country, banning and restricting members is sad very sad ,and other members know this but dnt wnt to get involved or comment incase they get punished by some power hype commitee

Post Thanks / Like
    New poster! (less than 10 posts)

very boring stuff get a grip what ever will be will be end of, you reading let the members vote I say.

un-restrict said members an lets move on. I use to get abused by people for my views / ideas but hey life will go on.

AS SAID I THINK EVERYONE involved needs to grow up grow a pair and get it sorted,

If the club go's down hill or haha stole from (what a joke ) what will that matter there will always be a place for turbo charged Renaults.

the information is here to be used for whatever any said member wants It for.

sorry but i think a few use this club for there self and they think they own it.

scoff one person who made this whole site appear hardly posts or get involved because of this kind of shit and I would be sure if he set the rules he wouldn't want or let this kind of thing go on, after all people will do and say and act as they like. we live in luxury,

Think some people in control are getting and taking it all a bit personally what will be will be stop worring bitching and trying to stop any evolution as it will only get worse.

RANY OVER Dave J GTT

Edited

No need for that language

taking for me ???? don't edit my post to something I didn't say

i vote to have a free site and that people like you who abuse or label others be banned rather than those who care about creating Renault turbo relate forums

trev you have always clogged up the site to belittle someones views you friging turnip

*Edited*

Once again, no need for this. There is a way of putting your point across and there is your way which is not needed in this post.

that's your view and who are you wtf pathitic

maybe it would be good if there was a new club and you select few could stick this one in a pipe and smoke all on there own as that's were it is heading

Post Thanks / Like

Great, open season again.

Os, you've not kept up with the details of what's gone on. Some have been banned for good reason. Some restricted for other reasons. In each case there's probably differences in culpability, between none and some. No point coming on here without the requisite info and calling the committee the gestapo. How does that help?

Matt, just because you don't see anything happening, doesn't mean it isn't. Who said your time frame for this was the one everyone should be working to?

Dave J - If it was all that conspiracy theory stuff from a few years ago you're referring to, then it's no wonder, the club is about Renaults and that stuff was clogging up the boards.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

trev you should get a life as I said a couple of years ago you give the club a bad name

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

So as my previous attempt to discuss my "Restricted Member" status was immediately cut short I will explain my side of this sorry tale and respond to the charges made against me in the Committee's Statement step by step in this post.

I have been deemed to be a "Threat" to the RTOC because of my intention to post my future updates on the Sangliers 2014 event on another website and not the RTOC. I send the following PM to ALL of the people who'd shown interest in attending the event, including CM's:

My reasoning for doing this was because of comments I read stating that I'd done **** all for this club during my time here which I took offence at as I feel I've given my fair share back over the years:

• Co-Ordination of the OE Dial Replica's as seen in the club shop
      • Generated ££££ for the club funds (I'd quote from the club accounts if I could access them from files section of this website but that is restricted to me)

• I could have sold these kits through eBay and keep the profits for myself but I chose to give it to the club for the better of the RTOC funds & future
    • Organisation of the the 2011 National Day at Blyton Park
      • First visit and meeting with Richard & Jane Usher during my own time
      • Co-Ordination of the various attractions (Catering/Rolling Road/Camping/Showers/Barn Disco)

• Organisation of the 2012 National Day at Blyton Park
    • Initiated the RTOC support of the French Sangliers event
    • Organised several RTOC trips to Europe
      • Renault World Series Belgium
      • Renault World Series Germany
      • Nurburgring Jolly's

• Paid my full Membership fee's every year
      • Even when a Committee Member

• Attended nearly every club event/meet I could.

Because of these comments about my commitment to the RTOC I didn't think it would be a big deal moving the details of Sangliers 2014 somewhere else given that the event is neither financially supported or sponsored by the RTOC, and I didn't think this was a Dictatorship?

For some reason the Committee think that I was involved in planning and setting up Adey's alternative Renault Forum because a CM took a screen-shot of some public posts I made on Facebook:

You can see I joked that nonrtoc.org was "being discussed behind locked/closed doors". It is a tragic coincidence Adey set up his alternative forum up some days later, but I can swear I had nothing to do with it which Adey can confirm.

Further on in that thread you can see I made mention of P-B-H which stood for Project Bobble Hat and was what Sarah and I decided to call our Housewarming Party as the "theme" was you had to wear a Bobble Hat:

This was again nothing to do with the creation of Adey's alternative forum.

This has resulted in be becoming a "Restricted Member" after 10.5 years

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing your point of view Steve.

Cutting through all the bullsh!t from many threads on here, Facebook and RTOF do you and the the others not see why we happen to be here in this situation?

To sum up, from an outsiders point of view.

1) A thread from the committee's private boards is accessed through whatever means and shared with club members. We still don't know how, everyone's staying quiet on that one.

2) it's made public that "the RTOC alternative is already being discussed behind closed/locked/bolted doors...."

3) then in a tragic twist it turns out that Adey, unbeknown to you, sets up the RTOF, which I would assume took a bit longer than a few days.

4) then Mart HARD deletes the sangliers event thread from the RTOC forum, which is under the instruction of the thread starter, and re-posts it on the RTOF. No consideration is given to members who might be going but not want to be on RTOF.

5) Mass PM's then go out to members saying please join the RTOF for updates on the Sangliers event. The CM's have no way of knowing how many members this has gone out too.

6) one of the members of the RTOF contacts one of the main authors of the articles to ask his permission to remove this information and host it on the RTOF boards.

This all happens withing a period of hours, not days or weeks. Alongside that the committee is getting hit with cr@p from all sides with regard to not being as dynamic or proactive as they should be, the club going backwards etc... usual stuff.

I don't think the actions taken based on the above, brief, summary are over the top. We do accept that we should of sorted out our decision sooner than we have, however, getting enought CM's together to discuss it hasn't been straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Os, you've not kept up with the details of what's gone on. Some have been banned for good reason. Some restricted for other reasons. In each case there's probably differences in culpability, between none and some. No point coming on here without the requisite info and calling the committee the gestapo. How does that help?
    I think Trev sums it up well there, please let us sort it out and we will come back to you shortly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post

3) then in a tragic twist it turns out that Adey, unbeknown to you, sets up the RTOF, which I would assume took a bit longer than a few days.

I don't think the actions taken based on the above, brief, summary are over the top. We do accept that we should of sorted out our decision sooner than we have, however, getting enough CM's together to discuss it hasn't been straight forward.
    This is the only one i can comment on out off all of them. Probaords has a very easy system of starting a website, you can actually have an active website in minutes. Give it a go. i have had more conversation with these other guys since this all fell apart in the last week than i have in the last 10 years. Cant fault rtoc for bringing people together lol. If there was decent communication alot of this could of been sorted. You might see it as an ok action others would think its over the top, your in charge that's your call. Its not as bad as it looks or is made out. It isnt on my part an organised attack on Rtoc.

I have been contacted today and have chatted with a committee member and am happy with how it went, and will quietly await the final decision

Post Thanks / Like

Ashy wrong again. I didn't ask to remove the information. I simply asked to use it.

I can share the conversation with everybody. I have nothing to hide, more rubbish made up
    Last edited by JRP; 21-01-2014 at 23:27.

Post Thanks / Like

You may apologise in your own time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    You may apologise in your own time.

Sorry, you're right "remove" was the wrong word.

Its what I meant, but not as in remove and delete, more as in remove and paste to another site.

I should have been more careful in my choice of words and used, use, duplicate, copy... However the facts remain the same.

I hope you accept my apology I wasn't trying to mislead anyone!

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post

I can share the conversation with everybody. I have nothing to hide

Just read your screenshot note after posting, can you post up the original message that you sent to Rich?

Post Thanks / Like

Ta. I just don't want to be painted in a bad light.

All good

Post Thanks / Like

Just read your screenshot note after posting, can you post up the original message that you sent to Rich?
    That's fine
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

4) then Mart HARD deletes the sangliers event thread from the RTOC forum.
    And that's the sole reason for the restricted access? Bloody nora Ashy, it's not like the Sangliers attendees were gonna be left in the dark

Post Thanks / Like

Happy?