Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where are my messages?

I have read through all of the posts in the thread and I can not for the life of me work the the real reasons for discontent....

1. Is it the fact that committee members have been given the posts rather than elected? Possibly and to be honest an election should take place for paying members to decide. Anyone can put themselves forward and run however they see fit.

2. Is it the attitude of the present committee? Possibly as I can see some very blunt replies. However I can not really make a judgement as I have no idea about past situations and events. However I really do feel that point 1 comes into play again...

3. Is it how the club is run? Again if point 1 was put into action as it should always be with paying members, there can be no complaint about the committee and how they run it as they were fairly voted in. I am a medium level union activist who negotiates with possibly the largest company in the UK and to perform this role I have to run for election every 2 years. This is down to paying members to vote. If it is not working out, then after 2 years you can change the committee. This works very well in general politics too and is indeed the norm. (Timescales do vary)

4. Is it that the committee is not organising enough events at the right time? Possibly but why wait for something when you can do anything yourself? In life you can not wait for people to do things for you, you must seek to do thing yourself. This generally goes a long way towards success in my experience.

5. Unreliable website issues? I believe that this is getting worked on. If this is the major issue for people then once it is sorted then everyone will be friends again.

I apologise for writing down the thoughts in my head but sometimes it helps me to seek clarity. I can only conclude that an elected committee is the way forward. When you have people paying membership they must be given the choice via democracy. I have no idea where this stand legally when you have paying members but I'm quite sure that running a club disregarding members is ethically incorrect. Now I am not saying that this happens as I have not seem it but a fair few seem to believe this this too be true.

This is just my flip on the current situation and be easily be ignored as i may be way off the mark. however hopefully not and I am hoping that this list gets read and may hopefully help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1980 View Post
    lots of valid points.

some more over here too

Post Thanks / Like

I do remember that thread, and the one before it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by youngscottie View Post
    Please stop this, the club is losing its appeal to the guys that count
    +1 (we all count!)

Regards,
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1980 View Post
    I have read through all of the posts in the thread and I can not for the life of me work the the real reasons for discontent....

1. Is it the fact that committee members have been given the posts rather than elected? Possibly and to be honest an election should take place for paying members to decide. Anyone can put themselves forward and run however they see fit.

2. Is it the attitude of the present committee? Possibly as I can see some very blunt replies. However I can not really make a judgement as I have no idea about past situations and events. However I really do feel that point 1 comes into play again...

3. Is it how the club is run? Again if point 1 was put into action as it should always be with paying members, there can be no complaint about the committee and how they run it as they were fairly voted in. I am a medium level union activist who negotiates with possibly the largest company in the UK and to perform this role I have to run for election every 2 years. This is down to paying members to vote. If it is not working out, then after 2 years you can change the committee. This works very well in general politics too and is indeed the norm. (Timescales do vary)

4. Is it that the committee is not organising enough events at the right time? Possibly but why wait for something when you can do anything yourself? In life you can not wait for people to do things for you, you must seek to do thing yourself. This generally goes a long way towards success in my experience.

5. Unreliable website issues? I believe that this is getting worked on. If this is the major issue for people then once it is sorted then everyone will be friends again.

I apologise for writing down the thoughts in my head but sometimes it helps me to seek clarity. I can only conclude that an elected committee is the way forward. When you have people paying membership they must be given the choice via democracy. I have no idea where this stand legally when you have paying members but I'm quite sure that running a club disregarding members is ethically incorrect. Now I am not saying that this happens as I have not seem it but a fair few seem to believe this this too be true.

This is just my flip on the current situation and be easily be ignored as i may be way off the mark. however hopefully not and I am hoping that this list gets read and may hopefully help.
    Most sensible post in these whole 6 pages!

Miller you need to derestrict access to the individuals concerned they are essentially paying for a service to be a member of this club, they have done nothing wrong in the eyes of anyone with any bloody sense.

Or you give them their £15 back and they are banned, simple but that would be very stupid.

Have they actually broken any terms and conditions of the website are there any t&c's? Is there legal intellectual property rights held by RTOC of the files on this club? If not anyone can take the information and use it wherever they want, which is not a problem as it's not secret. And it's been added free by club members over many years.

I have been a member of this club for some 15 years or so and this has got to be one of the most damaging times in the clubs history, everyone needs to chill the fcuk out and just get on with it, it is what it is a car club, not a political party!

I am a silent member mostly as I use the club for gathering data maybe you need to restrict me next as I have downloaded a load of stuff off here over 15 years.

Please can everyone just get on and can we get back to normal.

I think there needs to be a vote and a change, it has got stagnant, things do with age, Miller and CM's you need to let go and give others a try hell I would do chairman no problem, I would be crap though but I'm sure there are plenty on here that would do it and do it well and inject something fresh into the club.

Deleting posts and messages and locking threads is happening too much on here get a bloody grip and stop losing sight it's a car club.

Rant over.

Post Thanks / Like

This may be appropriate at the moment..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    This may be appropriate at the moment..

Oh look mighty moderator being as helpful as ever must be a traffic warden in real life.

I know why I don't post much idiots like you the club is going down the pan, do I care not really, not a large part of my life that I have to give myself a glorified title.

Get over yourself FFS. I'm out.

Post Thanks / Like

Phil, take a step back from the keyboard my friend. It was posted in jest & not aimed at anybody in particular. I am not a mighty moderator as you put it, i am just as fed up as you with all the crap at the moment, the way things are going on here my stint as a moderator will be very short lived, especially if i have to be pc for having a title as anybody that knows me will tell you it's not my way. I say it how it is, i post what i like & my sense of humour is obviously wasted on this forum....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5teve L View Post
    Phil, take a step back from the keyboard my friend. It was posted in jest & not aimed at anybody in particular. I am not a mighty moderator as you put it, i am just as fed up as you with all the crap at the moment, the way things are going on here my stint as a moderator will be very short lived, especially if i have to be pc for having a title as anybody that knows me will tell you it's not my way. I say it how it is, i post what i like & my sense of humour is obviously wasted on this forum....
    You gotta admit the traffic warden line was good!,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phil W View Post
    Carefull Phil, he does airsoft

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Phil W View Post
    It was & I did

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post