Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Fitting side decals

Just wondered if anyone had some advice on fitting side decals? I am going to try and fit mine hopefully at the weekend. Is it relatively easy?? Do you need to use washing up liquid or do they go straight on??? Fitting genuine ones and don't wanna fluff it up!!
    Cheers

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fitting side decals

Quote Originally Posted by 1988cab View Post
    Just wondered if anyone had some advice on fitting side decals? I am going to try and fit mine hopefully at the weekend. Is it relatively easy?? Do you need to use washing up liquid or do they go straight on??? Fitting genuine ones and don't wanna fluff it up!!
    Cheers
    PM me your mob no mate

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    PM me your mob no mate
    Thanks for your help again topcat!

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

This is something that really worries me. I should have my phase 1 graphics next week and am bricking it at the idea of fitting them. Think I'll take it to the professionals, otherwise they'll be on at some weird angles

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I was thinking the same, but think I will have a bash myself
    Where did you get your phase 1 decals? Did you get them made up??

Post Thanks / Like

Why not get a quote first and then decide? If it's only a small fee then it's well worth getting them on right. If you screw up it will be a whole lot more to rectify.

Post Thanks / Like

I bottled fitting my own set that TopCat produced. I thought about having a go, but in the end managed to get hold of a mate who does vehicle wrapping. He did mine for gratis as long as I supplied him with tea

Post Thanks / Like

Not as difficult as you think:

Mark the body work where you want the line of the top of the decal to fit too.

Obtain a water spray, fill with water and tiny amount of washing up liquid.

Spray the area and surrounding area of the car where decal is to be applied.

Remove the backing of the decal and spray the glued side with loads of solution again.

Spraying the car again with solution and then apply the decal to the car. The solution allows you plenty of time to move the decal about into the correct position.

Now use a small plastic squeegee blade or something like a credit card with a bit of tape on the edge and then work the decal and push out all the air bubbles.

Stubborn air bubbles can be nicked with a Stanley knife and air pushed out again with the squeegee.

The golden key is keeping everything wet, the car, the decal so you have time to move it all into position and doesn't stick until you move the water out. It also maybe easier to remove the wheel arch kits and of course fully clean the bodywork before starting.

Hope this helps.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant! Thanks for that!! I will have a bash this weekend A bit limited for company's around here to do it and would have to call someone out as the cars got still in bits but want to do it before i put the kit back on

Post Thanks / Like

Good instructions.

Well, best of luck. Research how best to prep the bodywork before you start and let us know how you get on afterwards.