Post Thanks / Like

Radiator size?

I'm slowly putting my clio back together and seem to be going round in circles regarding what to do with the coolant set up.

I've bought a race civic radiator and was planning to run without a header tank the same as the civic does. However this will mean that I'll have to either fit bonnet pins or have a new front cross member made as I'll need to elevate the radiator so that the filler cap on the top of the rad is higher than the rest of the system and the standard cross member fouls this

The other option is possibly a large core 5 turbo rad + header tank this will allow everything to stay standard apart from needing a bracket to mount the header tank to.

The standard clio style wont fit as my plenum is bottom fed and the oe rad hits the throttle body.

Anybody got any Renault 5 turbo rad measurements to hand?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Radiator size?

the gt turbo rad has an integrated oil cooler, unless your using that im not sure it will be ok for your setup? i think there is a rad from a van that people use when using an external oil cooler that would give you more volume. ill wait for someone who has used that setup to pipe up.

http://www.adrad.co.uk/car-radiator/...del=R5%20SUPER

height 310
    width 398
    width between mounting lugs 290

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Radiator size?

Cheers Adey.

Your right I don't need the oil cooler, I've been looking at some of the 70mm core 5 rads on Ebay and am curious to know if they'll be big enough. I'm looking at 500bhp so expect it'll get hot but I'm also using a 16 row oil cooler which should hep a little bit.

Think I might bin the Civic rad off and get one. Will try and grab a Mini header tank and try tokeep everything up front of the engine bay similar to a five.