Post Thanks / Like

Old photobucket revived of my E36 328

Wrote off in 2007 after running in the back of a citroen cz van or whatever theyre called!!!

Car had a mossellmann rotary supercharger fitted at the end, hit 173mph in it on the M60@5am on a Sunday........ the following week had a double rear blowout on the thellwall viaduct @70mph which learnt me a lesson to say the least! The amount of steering wheel wobble and noise at 170 is scary.

The back end of the van I drove into's height of the welded back bumper was level with the top of the slam panel so it basically fitted together like a jigsaw piece and pushed the engine back 20 inches wich snapped the shaft and wrecked the lot.

Awesome fun but went through tyres like clean underwear!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Old photobucket revived of my E36 328

I had the E46 convertible M3 and my headlining collapsed onto my head at 170MPH I had the windows down at the time on the A130 in Essex. Car felt solid as anything but it was in a straight line.

A few weeks later going into London I too had the rear walls blow out on me, but thankfully I'd slowed down into traffic and they just popped. The tyre pressure sensor was always illuminated and basically the tyres had perished on the insides which I could not see. I had the car 5 months and spent a grand on tyres.

I also had a c32 AMG which was just as quick if not faster in a straight line.

Anyway sold all the toys and good stuff to setup the business in 2009 and have been driving a Ford KA ever since.

Looking forward to getting the 5 finished this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mingblus3 View Post
    I had the E46 convertible M3 and my headlining collapsed onto my head at 170MPH I had the windows down at the time on the A130 in Essex. Car felt solid as anything but it was in a straight line.

A few weeks later going into London I too had the rear walls blow out on me, but thankfully I'd slowed down into traffic and they just popped. The tyre pressure sensor was always illuminated and basically the tyres had perished on the insides which I could not see. I had the car 5 months and spent a grand on tyres.

I also had a c32 AMG which was just as quick if not faster in a straight line.

Anyway sold all the toys and good stuff to setup the business in 2009 and have been driving a Ford KA ever since.

Looking forward to getting the 5 finished this year.
    Quality ming, I think toys like the 5 and the RWD monsters come in stages I know mine did. Financial circumstances with me too, if I was coining it then 200 a corner isn't bad, the 5 is cheap tuning. The BMWs are stupidly expensive to tune but I suppose most of the internals are already up to the challenge of taking the hammer in stock condition.

You were lucky in the cabrio, you could have ended up like that couple in HOT Fuzz the other night haha

Post Thanks / Like

found a pic of the merc but don't have any of the M3. Also found one of my old boat.