Post Thanks / Like

help

does the upper steering columb need to be removed to change the bottom bearing? if so how hard is it to take out? Is it possible to put the exisiting one back in it seems to have dropped down and is loose...

Committee, NW Regional Rep Alex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: help

https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4731

It's been such a long time since I did it I can't remember the ins and outs. You at least have to drop the upper part. Personally if I was doing the job I'd just replace the 2, it's not as big a job as the pictures make out.

When the bearings wear out they can fall down from inside the rubber bush and end up at the bottom of the column.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alex thats a great help. Just waiting on renault to see if tgey have them in stock. Fingers crossed lol

Post Thanks / Like

Afyer spending 3 hour taking the steering columb out and refitting the bottom rubber. Put it back together and worked for all of 5 minutes before the bottom bearing popped out again.

Gonna order some from mike tommorow unless they dude off ebay with a conplete upper columb replies to my msgs. Off the rd for the weekend grrrr....

Post Thanks / Like

result managed to get a complete upper steering columb for £15 going to go pick it up after lunch happy days

Post Thanks / Like

On the warrington my clutch self adjusting ratchet broke. Rac recovered me half way back to leyland. Had to pay another recovery guy 40 to get home gutted. Oh well bigger list for mike. Need a clutch pedal and steering columb rubber bearing.