Post Thanks / Like

Hose from perc fan missing??

Hi theres a hose missing from my perc fan to something attached to the bulk head. My mates has one but what is it and why would mine be missing? It looks like it had a cable going to it which is still there but not attached to anything. Mines an E reg with the ecu on the outside of the bulkhead head his is a phase 2 g reg with it inside the bulkhead. Cheers chaps

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hose from perc fan missing??

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispraider View Post
    Hi theres a hose missing from my perc fan to something attached to the bulk head. My mates has one but what is it and why would mine be missing? It looks like it had a cable going to it which is still there but not attached to anything. Mines an E reg with the ecu on the outside of the bulkhead head his is a phase 2 g reg with it inside the bulkhead. Cheers chaps
    Anti perc fan solenoid mate people removed probably because some people do away with perc fan

Post Thanks / Like

But mine still has the perc fan although its noisy as hell so its been disconnected. Will not having the solenoid affect the running of the car? as it seems to searching if you know what I mean lol

Post Thanks / Like

No the solenoid opens when perc fan is running so there's a pipe going from perc fan to solenoid solenoid to boost hose and it blows air into top of carb I think that's the idea. Is your boost pipe blocked off where pipe from solenoid goes in?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    No the solenoid opens when perc fan is running so there's a pipe going from perc fan to solenoid solenoid to boost hose and it blows air into top of carb I think that's the idea. Is your boost pipe blocked off where pipe from solenoid goes in?
    Yeah theres a bung in it the boost pipe

Post Thanks / Like

I know a lot of people that run no perc fan at all it makes hot starting abit harder but no need for any real concern mate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    I know a lot of people that run no perc fan at all it makes hot starting abit harder but no need for any real concern mate
    try getting rid of your perc fan and removing the water cooling from carb/inlet if you want to make hot-starting really interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    try getting rid of your perc fan and removing the water cooling from carb/inlet if you want to make hot-starting really interesting
    Makes no difference if the water is connected or not

Post Thanks / Like

ok if you say its nothing to worry about i`ll just leave it as it is.