Post Thanks / Like

What should i do??

What should i do with my Clio GT. OK i started building this car 12months ago with the intension to drag race it which i did and went well i guess. Know things have changed and with this civic not far from finished my GT clio is not being used and im not even spending time to progress with the car in anyway, its sat in my garage covered in dust. It seems a shame that i spent alot of time and money building the car which has covered no more than 300miles. I feel the shell is no use to be made back to a road car as its been gutted, tanks and lines, looms to all its trim etc gone... but the car has alot of new parts such as, rebuilt running gear, new GT28, new exhaust, new shafts, wishbones, all the bushes, brakes are like new all round, rad all the pipes and loom, adaptronic, R888s everything is near new and mint and all bought brand new...

Now this car is just not moving or doing anything and with the plans on the civic i dout im going to have any chance to take this to pod this year.. So, do i just break the car (worth more i recken) and get what cash i can back (which just seems a shame) or do i re-shell it to a GT turbo (poss sell few parts i dont need) and make it a good road car with all the parts i have and enjoy it as a weekend toy etc and get some fun out of the money ive spent but this takes time etc and the shell ive seen needs some welding etc but isnt costing very much at all...

Sorry to post a such silly rant but i just cant decide what to do..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What should i do??

Well in my opinion it would be a shame to not enjoy what you have created...so to reshell to a 5 would be a good option?

If you don't want to wait and want to recoup some cash then sell for parts and use the money on the civic?

Post Thanks / Like

depends if your looking to free up some funds if you got the money to follow the civic project through see how you feel once its all finished

Post Thanks / Like

Use it as a weekend car, and get a cheap campus , exchange parts, Keep it original, stealthy, but with enough power to blow the local chavs doors off?

Post Thanks / Like

The civic project is being funded by 3 of us, me Ant and deano so isnt costing alot really and the build has worked out great between us all so dont really need to add funds to this from my car..

Post Thanks / Like

i could be interested in the car complete, pm me a price

Post Thanks / Like

It'll be a real shame to see the car dismantled mate as i know how much potential that motor has but if you do decide to break it give us a pm as i'll be interested in some bits mate.