Post Thanks / Like

Been just over a month

Its been just over a month now since the infamous RTOC what do we want ? and when do we want it thread scandal that was killed off more swiftly than a coup attempt in an African state.

On a lighter note - is there any progress guys with anything ? or is it all hush hush secret squirrle till RTOC V2 launches ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Been just over a month

Do we think its worth me asking again

Post Thanks / Like

As long as its nice and polite , I am sure we can ask anything

Post Thanks / Like

I started the last thread and the rest is history I didn't even see the last two days worth was it really that bad?

Post Thanks / Like

I dont think it was bad. Challenging , but not bad..

Some wires were crossed by admin but I think thats sorted. Some suggestions put forward , and I think that is the good bit of hte thread. But not sure if anything is happening ?

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing's changed

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    Nothing's changed
    This ^^

Also a complaint has been completely ignored, after a clear breach of the club rules as stated on the site, even after being chased several times. Bent.
    This place absolutely will not change until you relieve Ian, and that won't happen as nobody will take up the work he puts into this place to keep it turning over (yeah, I went there, so sue me!)

Nice upgrade on 21toc though Andy, good to see you're keeping your fingers busy

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing's changed
    Same rant next year? Same place?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    Same rant next year? Same place?

Post Thanks / Like

my two cents from running irelands largest car forum,

we dont charge membership and these threads come up, new blood, new design, more meets, trackdays etc my own blunt thoughts on these are,

i'm paying for the site so you can use it so unless you want to pay me back the money i've put into it fluck right off,

no meets/trackdays events, i'm not stopping anyone from organising anything want a trackday ring them and say dtd want a trackday and its done simple as. same with meets i'm not your parent i'm not going to hold your hand and fill your head with pretty thoughts, man up and take initiative.

i work and go to collage, and then spend around an hour doing menial admin work in the background everyday and it really irks me when people who do fluck all for the community themselves whinge and moan and feel like they are entitled to the forum just because they've been there a few years.

this certianly isnt aimed at anyone in particular just giving a view from an admin side.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing's changed
    Is this not up to the committee and the club chairman to discuss and make changes ????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt View Post
    Is this not up to the committee and the club chairman to discuss and make changes ????
    Committee discussed it (could well be doing so now - I have no idea as I pulled myself off the committee).

Chairman - Miller is non existent on here (well he does pop up every now and then)....

Ian S does so much hard work for the club, a thankless job.... Club wouldn't be running with out him.... Yes some people may not like him, he may offend some members... But fact is the club wouldn't be running with out him... End of.

Rest of the committee - work hard at times, like most people they have a life, other things take up there time...

The idea of a committee is as a team you can have people take time of and things still get done.... The chairman has very little to do as his "team" can work with out him....which the committee have done for the last 18-24 months (don't think I am slagging Miller of at all - he put a lot of time and effort into the club, but recently has brought a house that needed a lot of renovation work, Emma's professional career is more demanding and lack of time to help on here)

Post Thanks / Like

Offered my help in a thread, heard nothing atall after that. How many of the people that offered to help got the call to? Jrp? Clubs backwards, screams it needs help then does nothing when people are offering. Just leave it as it is and let it die if need be. There plenty of other ways to keep in contact and share info without rtoc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    Offered my help in a thread, heard nothing atall after that. How many of the people that offered to help got the call to? Jrp? Clubs backwards, screams it needs help then does nothing when people are offering. Just leave it as it is and let it die if need be. There plenty of other ways to keep in contact and share info without rtoc
    No I've not looked through threads for the club, not been trusted?

I do believe my help is not wanted.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    No I've not looked through threads for the club, not been trusted?

I do believe my help is not wanted.
    There was a thread about you whilst I was on holiday, and by all looks it was agreed that you can go on as a moderator, but as for why this has not occurred I don't know.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post

Post Thanks / Like

If the club is dying, can we please hold off until September next year? I only just paid for another 12 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Committee discussed it (could well be doing so now - I have no idea as I pulled myself off the committee).

Chairman - Miller is non existent on here (well he does pop up every now and then)....

Ian S does so much hard work for the club, a thankless job.... Club wouldn't be running with out him.... Yes some people may not like him, he may offend some members... But fact is the club wouldn't be running with out him... End of.

Rest of the committee - work hard at times, like most people they have a life, other things take up there time...

The idea of a committee is as a team you can have people take time of and things still get done.... The chairman has very little to do as his "team" can work with out him....which the committee have done for the last 18-24 months (don't think I am slagging Miller of at all - he put a lot of time and effort into the club, but recently has brought a house that needed a lot of renovation work, Emma's professional career is more demanding and lack of time to help on here)
    It says you are still a commitee member ??

I argee with adey on this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt View Post
    It says you are still a commitee member ??

I argee with adey on this
    Yeh my title still says it... But I removed my committee boards access a month or so ago...

My title will change when ever Ian gets round to it (said I may return to the committee in the future if needed/when I decide I have time as ideally I need 3-6 months out to sort my life out .

The club won't die, we have nearly £20k in the bank & with nothing decided for ND (last time I checked) it's not like the club will die anytime soon and we have a healthy income from memberships....

If the club decides we don't need a shop/national day/great website we could have a basic forum for around £100 a year or so... So considering we have £20k savings and a healthy income RTOC will be around for a very very long time )

Ofcourse the committee are looking at options for a ND 2014+ the future years, so don't think the current set up of how rtoc works will change... You pay a membership fee get a great website, goods in stock in the shop, and a discounted track day/pod/national day Venue )

Post Thanks / Like

Jrp is agreed on and adey what was it you offerd to do mate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Jrp is agreed on

Cor' blimey guvnor, they finally did it!

Post Thanks / Like

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Jon... One more step then your in the inner circle of trust...

Wish I could find a clip of the scene from Only fools an horses.... The one where Del Boy ask Boycie to get him into the Masons.... Only when the vote was done there were loads of black balls...
    Last edited by Penfold aka The Dealer; 30-10-2013 at 14:12.

Post Thanks / Like

Well said there Penfold - Miller is there if you need him and are friendly (ie not abusive) towards him and his lack of presence is insignificant which has been proven over and over the last 2 years with great national days, a fantastic club outing to Belgium x2 and a whole host of other events that where organised by the good members of this club. The fact that Miller hasn't spent shed loads of money dragging his arse from Scotland every other meeting like he used to is not worth mentioning, I have a manager that I see every 6 months or so, discuss cock all and everything still runs on. So try not to worry that there isn't a president on here to sanction everything - it's the last thing we need, especially a pisshed up one like Miller - good ol Scotty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    Adey - I've offered help on countless occasions with the same response - If we're needed they will call I'm sure.

Keep the faith Brother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Jrp is agreed on and adey what was it you offerd to do mate
    https://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=34972

post 23 and 27

Post Thanks / Like

are you waiting for them to hold your hand? just do it and submit it!

Post Thanks / Like

feel free to tell me how to update the home page then? thats all i was offering. if not pipe down

Post Thanks / Like

do it up as you would a project thread and pm it to admin, simple no whinging no drama

Post Thanks / Like

ok but i though the idea was to reduce the workload of the admin on the site?

Post Thanks / Like

you are all they have to do is copy and paste, rather than type it up and format it

Post Thanks / Like

ok, if everyone who goes to an event who take pics and information would like to email it all to me, id be happy to write it up with pictures and forward it to the admin for upload to the home page

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There was discussion on getting somebody sorting the front page out of the site. But not sure how far that went. Think a couple of people were being discussed about that. I am not sure who can set it up though on the logins to be allowed to change it though or who can at the moment.

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just found this thread by chance as I wanted to see if I could moderate an attachment and this was the first thread I found with one. Seems we can't.

Anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfoot View Post
    There was a thread about you whilst I was on holiday, and by all looks it was agreed that you can go on as a moderator, but as for why this has not occurred I don't know.
    Why is because I've not done it.

Why I've not done it because I've no time for this stuff at the moment.

Why no-one else has done it is because there isn't anyone else who can / wants to.

The way Scoff set up this forum is that a few people have the power to do just about everything, including delete the threads by mistake, etc. And much larger changes. I cannot fix such errors and there is no else here who wants to / can. So there a significant risk in just putting more and more people in the committee usergroup. Someone mistakenly deleted something recently but no-one admitted to it, probably didn't even realise they'd done it. And a member account was mistakenly deleted a few months ago, took me hours to try and fix that mess and Scoff was on the case as well. The member accounts that never expire that have been mentioned recently are an on-going result of some people not knowing what they were doing, not following the instructions, being reckless in the control panel during the setting up of member accounts at the beginning of this vB forum in Aug to Dec 2008.

Some of the people applying might seem difficult to figure out, or be perceived as a loose cannon, if someone for any reason, mood, alcohol, whatever, didn't like the way someone said something, or anything, decide to run amok in a moment of anger / depression / thoughtless haste, then it can't be fixed. The club is very exposed with Scoff not 'full time' involved as he was at the beginning of this vB forum but I expect I'm probably being over cautious.

Too take less risk, I'd have to create a new user group so certain permissions are granted and not others. I'm not sure I have the time to ever learn how to do that, there no chance of me doing it this year I'd expect.

There are a few people who have offered to help with some stuff such as the homepage but that only editable by the committee usergroup. We need a few reliable people to donate their time to the higher level vB work first. That doesn't mean we need to throw away the many months or work it took to get this site where it is and have a very bland new website, just a few admin tasks from someone(s) who has time to learn this sites vB configuration and understands whats needed to tweak it.

Scoff did recently offer to assist me with this but I've just not had any time at all to think about it since the last round of threads on this subject. My PC has been failing for a few months and I'm trying out Win7 as XP is being effectively killed off next April and I'm very badly struggling with the downgrade to my work flow that the Win7 rubbishness is causing. I've spent nearly three weeks doing very little else than try and get the new PC install working in a way that I can use and live with and have made very little progress, I used to have friends that did all this PC Windows set up / customisation / configuration for me in an afternoon, but they no longer can and my Meares-Irlen syndrome, compounded now by Presbyopia, reading speed is often dropping to that of a young child. It takes me hours or days to find anything out.

So there we have it. I have my own problems and without a few people at the very sharpest part of the sharp end we're all stuck.

Should give a mention of Gordon who's been in the process for a few weeks of getting the various site databases and files and collecting them on his server with the intention of repairing the broken album photos problem. If successful, then implement the fix here and get on with the next phase of looking at adding mobile phone access features, maybe that involves changing to a later vB version / PHP version and fitting in the customisations and plug-ins as previously discussed at length here in threads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    PC install working in a way that I can use and live with and have made very little progress, I used to have friends that did all this PC Windows set up / customisation / configuration for me in an afternoon, but they no longer can and my Meares-Irlen syndrome, compounded now by Presbyopia, reading speed is often dropping to that of a young child. It takes me hours or days to find anything out.
    Drop me a message if you want with anything that you need help on. Always happy to help. Could even remote onto your PC and change what you want if its of any use.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    I have my own problems and without a few people at the very sharpest part of the sharp end we're all stuck.
    Andy has repeatedly offered help. Repeatedly. And again here:

Quote Originally Posted by andybond View Post
    Drop me a message if you want with anything that you need help on. Always happy to help. Could even remote onto your PC and change what you want if its of any use.
    If you are struggling with both software (local), knowledge of the site and ill health, why don't you ask if he could take it off you? What happens if, god forbid, you find yourself in a position unable to do anything here?

This is crazy stuff, Ian...for your own good as well as the clubs hand some of it over.