Post Thanks / Like

Phase 1 fuel filter has air

Giz a hand on this lads!
    Had a bit of leaning out going on at national day, so pulled the car off the track, I'm investigating in to the problem only now as I'm a lazy basted! Lol
    Need to get the car ready for snetterton next month, so I'm starting from the fuel tank forwards, first I removed sender from the tank and everything looks sound, then was under the car checking lines, when I noticed the new plastic seen through fuel filter on my phase 1, was only half full!?
    So I started the car to see what's going on,and it look like a washing machine( air and fuel whooshing around) is this normal ??
    Before I start getting hit with possible running faults I know them, and iv checked all them all, it's got a new fuel pump, carbs good, pressures good and so on, I just want to( for now) stick with the issue of the air in the fuel filter!
    Yours
    Geordie al x

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Phase 1 fuel filter has air

yes the see through filters look like this with the engine / pump running....Id bin it and replace with a metal canister filter as per the ph2. Especially with a track car, I don't like the idea of a brittle plastic fuel filter under the car

You could always T a fuel pressure / boost gauge into your fuel line at the carb to check your fuel pressure when running, shold be at least 4psi fuel pressure above your boost pressure

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kris M View Post
    yes the see through filters look like this with the engine / pump running....Id bin it and replace with a metal canister filter as per the ph2. Especially with a track car, I don't like the idea of a brittle plastic fuel filter under the car

You could always T a fuel pressure / boost gauge into your fuel line at the carb to check your fuel pressure when running, shold be at least 4psi fuel pressure above your boost pressure
    Cheers chris, that was my next step mate! Just wanted to make sure everything was sound with that filter! Let the fun begin

Post Thanks / Like

Youl have to modify the filter bracket to accept a larger dia filter

Post Thanks / Like

What cam are you running Al? Does it lean out all the time or intermittently?