Post Thanks / Like

172 turbo manifold and downpipe

for a T25 - I've got a GT28R on the shelf, I guess I'd also want oil pipes? What you got? I think I'll have to use a charge cooler as there isn't much in the way of space for an intercooler.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 172 turbo manifold and downpipe

Hi Andy,

We have started manufacturing a bespoke manifold for the Renault 5 GT Turbo 172 Turbo conversion.
    We started out manufacturing a jig so each manifold is the same. They come as standard with the T3 flange on it, but can be swopped to suit your choice of flange.
    There's also an option if you decide to run an external wastegate.
    Each manifold is made from 1.25" schedule 10 stainless steel pipe, and is fully purge welded for strength and the best flow !

The manifold is a 'sidewinder' style and would make the turbocharger sit above the gearbox.
    Send me a PM if you need anymore information !

Thanks
    Brooky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brooky View Post
    Hi Andy,

We have started manufacturing a bespoke manifold for the Renault 5 GT Turbo 172 Turbo conversion.
    We started out manufacturing a jig so each manifold is the same. They come as standard with the T3 flange on it, but can be swopped to suit your choice of flange.
    There's also an option if you decide to run an external wastegate.
    Each manifold is made from 1.25" schedule 10 stainless steel pipe, and is fully purge welded for strength and the best flow !

The manifold is a 'sidewinder' style and would make the turbocharger sit above the gearbox.
    Send me a PM if you need anymore information !

Thanks
    Brooky.
    Hi Brooky,

that sounds interesting, but there isn't much room on the Twingo, it' all brakes, battery and ECU in that space.

I don't have space up front for an intercooler, so I'm hoping I can get CC to fit in that gap

Andy

Post Thanks / Like

Should atleast ditch the battery!

Pretty curious about the mani though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Cooke View Post
    Hi Brooky,

that sounds interesting, but there isn't much room on the Twingo, it' all brakes, battery and ECU in that space.

I don't have space up front for an intercooler, so I'm hoping I can get CC to fit in that gap

Andy

Ah, I didn't realise you were installing that engine in a twingo ! I've struggled for space in the 5's engine bay !

Post Thanks / Like

Installed. It's been in ages and this is an effort to turbo it.

I think there is a lot of space to be gained by relocating the battery (cheap option), or fitting one of those super slim ones (more expensive option I guess). Maybe if the battery is relocated the ECU could be laid horizontal without wiring alterations?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Installed. It's been in ages and this is an effort to turbo it.

I think there is a lot of space to be gained by relocating the battery (cheap option), or fitting one of those super slim ones (more expensive option I guess). Maybe if the battery is relocated the ECU could be laid horizontal without wiring alterations?
    It's not a huge amount of space to gain, there is a bit of stuff packed in that area, fuses, header tank, washer bottle, wiper motor, servo, master cylinder (and reservior) and rear brake pressure limiter. At the moment I think I can fit most stuff around what's there, although I need to have a think about the air filter. I have a couple of those race batteries kicking around, so could swap one in, and that could gain space fir my filter.

Post Thanks / Like