Post Thanks / Like

Disputes on the open forum

Do we really need disputes like the current one going on? Yeah fair enough have one in the right section when your a paid up member but not joe nobody?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Disputes on the open forum

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    Do we really need disputes like the current one going on? Yeah fair enough have one in the right section when your a paid up member but not joe nobody?
    100% agree

Post Thanks / Like

Shouldn't be in the open section and really not something that can ever be resolved this way .Having every Tom,Dick and Harry chipping in with ill informed opinions never ends well for either party as only they know exactly what went on

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    Shouldn't be in the open section and really not something that can ever be resolved this way .Having every Tom,Dick and Harry chipping in with ill informed opinions never ends well for either party as only they know exactly what went on
    I agree but I also think it should open, it shows people how the committee taken action, I would like to keep it on the boards... Short term...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    I agree but I also think it should open, it shows people how the committee taken action, I would like to keep it on the boards... Short term...
    Lol I think I very early on said leave it up/lock it down and committee were online... Or is it holding hands to make decisions?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Lol I think I very early on said leave it up/lock it down and committee were online... Or is it holding hands to make decisions?
    I maybe online but not always active

Tbh f*ck all the committee can do... Apart from provide evidence to police if requested...

Scott has said he is happy to leave the thread open and asking for people opinions...

Providing it don't get nasty, I don't see the harm...

Post Thanks / Like

I maybe online but not always active

Tbh f*ck all the committee can do... Apart from provide evidence to police if requested...

Scott has said he is happy to leave the thread open and asking for people opinions...

Providing it don't get nasty, I don't see the harm...
    Ohhh needles

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Penfold.

We can be seen to be doing something rather that giving yet more time to the club that no-one knows about. I, at least, give enough hours a week as it is.

One thing we can do is apply a ban to the classifieds as we're having to do more and more.

I think that this thread may have got this situation moving more than would otherwise be the case. Maybe there will be a friendly outcome rather than a court case, costs and bailiffs.

I also think that now the aggrieved party has joined we can at some point move the thread to a members only section such as classifieds negative feedback.

Though I would not have seen this were it not in General chat as the new thread was marked in the boards view when I had a quick look there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian S View Post
    I agree with Penfold.

We can be seen to be doing something rather that giving yet more time to the club that no-one knows about. I, at least, give enough hours a week as it is.

One thing we can do is apply a ban to the classifieds as we're having to do more and more.

I think that this thread may have got this situation moving more than would otherwise be the case. Maybe there will be a friendly outcome rather than a court case, costs and bailiffs.
    Or just stop the classifieds and use eBay only... No risk to the club, no need for us to get involved when things go wrong ( personally on this issue alone have spent 1 hour of my time copying adverts, texting both parties trying to get them to resolve it)...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Or just stop the classifieds and use eBay only... No risk to the club, no need for us to get involved when things go wrong ( personally on this issue alone have spent 1 hour of my time copying adverts, texting both parties trying to get them to resolve it)...
    Thing being is that it isn't a club issue anyway- this wasn't sold on the club? Parts should only be sold on rtoc between club members. The entire club should be accessible to club members only.

If an issue is then raised- the club has details of addresses and contact details and makes it alot easier to resolve.

Seems odd that a very similar thread was locked down a week or two ago, yet this one is left open?

Anyway, my point is that all of rtoc should only be accessible by fully paid members.

Post Thanks / Like

Or just not have a comments section positive or negative, use for sale and wanted at your own risk? Why do the committee have to police it atall. Deal with it as if it was an add in the paper and the buyer a d seller deal with each other, and the police and courts of needed?

Post Thanks / Like

Pissed off with all this, logging onto Rtoc and live and seeing garbage.

Members only classifieds End of

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Pissed off with all this, logging onto Rtoc and live and seeing garbage.

Members only classifieds End of
    Grow up Jon.

Post Thanks / Like

We have an open forum to few for ex-members to use.

And for non-members to get some idea of what is on offer.

We can't have people ripping off members so when we get a complaint we have to get to the bottom of it in case we need to ban the seller in order to protect the rest of the membership.

We've had many dodgy sellers. We've sometimes helped to resolved the stand off and get the 'victims' money back. Previously the club has successfully litigated to recover members money from a group buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    Seems odd that a very similar thread was locked down a week or two ago, yet this one is left open?
    It's a bit random depending on what committee or moderator is around. We are few in number and busy.

Post Thanks / Like

valid question posted in the same thread, the bloke has just become a member after the issue, so is it really anything to do with the club?

Post Thanks / Like

Of course it is. The seller is a member and the complaint is about the seller.

This is a private members club and we want to provide as safe a classifieds as we can. This is a service to members.

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasnt sold through rtoc and the chap wasn't a member I really don't see why it has anything to do with rtoc?

I might be being dence here but you guys do this for free, get annoyed by doing it, don't want to have to do it so why do it. Could save a lot of time and effort by making it a but at your own risk thing.

Post Thanks / Like

If it gets to the point where it's "buy at your own risk" then anyone buying items that need to be posted can and will be ripped off with no come back .
    Eg I advertise a gt28 roller bearing turbo, done 50 miles. Post pictures, description. Buyer gets a knackered t2

Where's the come back?

You put trust in people, otherwise no one would buy anything.

Post Thanks / Like

For serial 'bad sellers ' then yes the club should police it and help resolve but this looks like a honest sale that has turned sour .Who is at fault is any ones guess .
    I've bought stuff that wasn't all it could be but I don't expect someone else to pick up the tab or resolve it for me .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    For serial 'bad sellers ' then yes the club should police it and help resolve but this looks like a honest sale that has turned sour .Who is at fault is any ones guess .
    I've bought stuff that wasn't all it could be but I don't expect someone else to pick up the tab or resolve it for me .
    I haven't asked anyone to resolve it for me, clearly to alert everyone.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is alerted now. Everyone should keep out of this now. Leave it to Scott and the buyer to resolve.

Good luck to you both!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not just that thread it's others too but definitely on the open forum, if you came here and that's what you were greeted with why would you join, that's why it's titled disputes in open forums.

Post Thanks / Like

It's also the replies to the post, shows what the members are like!!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DeanmGT5 View Post
    I haven't asked anyone to resolve it for me, clearly to alert everyone.
    To alert everyone of me , nice....iv helped a lot of people with parts and sorting group buys. Let people make of it what they will. Your attitude dont help. This is defently between me and you . You didnt buy it from the club . It was done over the phone and you viewednand brought. I told you I was unsurenon the engines internals and still feel iv done no wrong. If the club isnt happy with this then end my membership. Iv not lied .......

Post Thanks / Like

i still dont think rtoc general boards is the place for any of it tbh, thats why this thread was started dean, not to single out your issue or continue it here. website feedback is for just that feedback about the website. this is why this thread is here.

Post Thanks / Like

Unsure, that word has been mentioned a few times yet clearly stated in the advert as forged? If unsure then why advertise? Do your homework before putting said item up for sale?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r5_scotty View Post
    To alert everyone of me , nice....iv helped a lot of people with parts and sorting group buys. Let people make of it what they will. Your attitude dont help. This is defently between me and you . You didnt buy it from the club . It was done over the phone and you viewednand brought. I told you I was unsurenon the engines internals and still feel iv done no wrong. If the club isnt happy with this then end my membership. Iv not lied .......

My attitude? you see no wrong in what you have done!! maybe take a step back, read what people are saying. Again, changing your story. My mate was there and will back me up. You said you were unsure on the rods, hence you not advertising that they had been replaced. Club or not, I brought the engine via the ad, you advertised the engine, I have the advert as proof. Oh and I see you changed the story about the shell.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it had been moved and closed? I have Pm'd scott and await his reply

Post Thanks / Like

that was the thread you started not this

Post Thanks / Like

I have sent Scott a PM, Im happy to not post anymore, public or not as long as he replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R5MJH View Post
    that was the thread you started not this

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have sent Scott a PM, Im happy to not post anymore, public or not as long as he replies.
    Pm replied

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn does that mean we have to watch the Crap on the tv now lol.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Boils my ****ing blood when ****s rip off people in this manner

If your unsure of something to don't try and blag it, especially if your selling something as a premium product.

Do the correct thing and take the engine back and give a full refund..
    Last edited by Andy M; 31-08-2013 at 20:29.

Post Thanks / Like

rtoc gold once again.

Hardly a fecking surprise is it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    rtoc gold once again.

Hardly a fecking surprise is it...

Not quite cricket Mart.

Post Thanks / Like

It's also the replies to the post, shows what the members are like!!!
    Did I miss somthing, are we all bad or somthing?

Post Thanks / Like

Haha no mate, it was just a few of the stupid replies I got.

Post Thanks / Like

Face it mate. I think everyone has worked it out. Your not getting a refund anytime soon as he doesn't have the money anymore. If he did I'm sure he'd rather this all went away.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally like the fact it's left in the open. It was advertised on here aswell with forged pistons listed and any member could of brought it and be in the same position now.

Too many things these days are covered up.
    This will kick other people up the arse to make sure what they sell is what they say and it will make buyers more vigilant in buying expensive goods.

I wouldn't like to be in the same position and then find out the seller had previous issues that had been deleted.

If possible can the issue be left open? so everyone can see how the matter is resolved. If its resolved well, then it shows the clubs spirit. if it ends badly it will only affect the seller and buyer involved with future sales

Post Thanks / Like

are people missing the point of my thread?

keep it open YES

put it in the right section YES

have the open dispute in the only section where potential members can view? NO

that's why i started this thread, not as a continuation of it or another place to discuss it, its still there to view and comment on.

i know it has now been moved but do people think it should be allowed in the open forum or members only?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottKinnear View Post
    Face it mate. I think everyone has worked it out. Your not getting a refund anytime soon as he doesn't have the money anymore. If he did I'm sure he'd rather this all went away.

Thats a nice attitude!!, im sure with all the parts he is selling he could soon raise the cash, Also the fact he is saving to buy a house suggest that he has cash. We are sorting things out and I will keep everyone posted of the outcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    are people missing the point of my thread?

keep it open YES

put it in the right section YES

have the open dispute in the only section where potential members can view? NO

that's why i started this thread, not as a continuation of it or another place to discuss it, its still there to view and comment on.

i know it has now been moved but do people think it should be allowed in the open forum or members only?
    The reason for me putting it there was because it was the only place I could post, Personally I think it should of stayed there for people to see, everyone talks about how good the club is, people are in the club and that people are there to help and supply parts. I think it would soon get around, that after paying for a membership it was found that it wasnt the case.

Post Thanks / Like

It should be kept in the club areas .Does the club no good whatsoever having it on full show .It's a bun fight at the end of the day with a few baking them in the background and best kept indoors

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ScottKinnear View Post
    Yea I want it to go away , I wanted both views put across and some feedback from people .not bs remarks. The money will be sorted just fine. Im talking with dean on some arrangment and have started getting more info on who I got itmfrom . Dean s sent messages from the original guy to him and has forwarded them to me. Would appear iv been done over. Seen his original advert . Hopefully this will be sorted.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to let everyone know. I returned the engine/gearbox etc and have had a full refund from Scott. No hard feelings on either part.

I believe he is going to use it on his build now, should be a good build thread so keep an eye out for that one.
    Thanks for the clubs help on sorting this out quickly and everyone who helped.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it all got sorted with minimal fuss!

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like