Post Thanks / Like

Anti lag?

Whilst in dreams of different set ups this pondered my mind, is it possible? It's fuel injected so in theory it's possible? Has anyone tried it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anti lag?

Anti lag is harsh on everything and imo not worth it on a road car. I get full boost easily by 3k and it dosnt feel laggy. Launch control is a lot less harsh on the valves etc... Even that is a bit ott on a road car but its worth it for the pops and bangs.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it's possible with the right engine management, will wear out your exhaust valves and turbo seals in no time though

Post Thanks / Like

My friend has it on his evo 8 MR both active anti lag and launch control. It is well worth having on a car like that due to the 4WD system and in 1st gear just floors the throttle to the floor and it will sit at 3k ready to go. Does cause a problem to his neighbours when its popping and banging coming home and he has had a few complaints from the old bill in the past too

Post Thanks / Like

yeah I do like the idea of an anti lag system, after reading up it seems that you can get them set up to deliver different levels of boost, i.e. 5psi for a more mild set up

Post Thanks / Like

I love the anti lag on my 5, got launch control too but not been able to fully test it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless using your car for competition completely pointless imo.

Post Thanks / Like

used to be great for drag racing in my s4, mapped it in on the stock ecu, and used the throttle position to regulate boost, would launch from .1 to 1.3 bar. got my heavy beast of a car down the strip rather quickly for its power, that and the flat shift. Pointless on the road though, unless you wanted to give pensioners a heart attack. great for catching bikes out at the lights though ;-p