Post Thanks / Like

Selling my white phase 2 'Raggy'

I've decided that I need to sell my white phase 2 affectionately known as 'Raggy'. It was owned by two previous RTOC members before I bought it this January. A few people may remember that I had to change a few bits of bodywork to make it look original again, and I gave the bad boy bonnet, smooth boot and smooth rear bumper to Romil.

I've recently had all four OE Speedlines fully refurbished, I've fitted a set of the copy OE decals sold on this site, and Marky Mark spent a day tidying up the engine bay and replacing whatever he felt needed doing.

The car has MOT and tax, but I'm in Norfolk until Sunday so I'm not sure exactly how much. I'll update with details and photos on Sunday.

I'm looking for £2,000. I won't take offers on the car, if I can't make £2k I'll tuck it away somewhere. Just to say, it is by no means a mint car, but generally it is very tidy. Pics to follow on Sunday. Also, wifi reception is appalling here, but if anybody does have any questions please PM me and I'll respond when I can.

Thanks for looking.

PS...it is a 1990 H reg

Last edited by Hammer; 17-08-2013 at 16:31.

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Selling my white phase 2 'Raggy'

Looks a good 5 mate, out my way in the sticks for abit then! Good luck with the sale

Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw this when I dropped my engine down to mark for a rebuild.

Looked a nice car and every bit worth £2k

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers chaps. My problem is I've just lost some important and regular overtime at work. My wife and I simply need to raise a few quid, and the 5 is sadly in the firing line. If it doesn't sell, I can just take it off the road and store it. That'll at least save a few quid

Post Thanks / Like

this is bad news buddy.

its got pretty much brand new everything on it as well. newish turbo, alternator, suspension
    mounts, track rod ends, wheel bearings etc that i put on.

volvo clutch, new pistons and liners few years ago. cant remember what else lol.

solid car was owned by Carlos as well on here for a bit.

looks a cracking car now you have had your hands on it mate.
    Last edited by SirSamuelOfBuca; 16-08-2013 at 14:34.

Post Thanks / Like

Mot is up december 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Cheers Samuel mate. If it doesn't sell, that's okay. I'll tuck it away until things pick up again

Post Thanks / Like

you got all the receipts havent you? its had loads of stuff and always been owned by people round where i lived till u lol

whats it like with smaller wheels on as used to get some mad wheel spin lol

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of photos added to the first post. I'll update properly later when I can with more detailed info if anybody is interested.

Post Thanks / Like

What a stunning car!!! I have the money to buy it, and the time to go get it. But i genuinely have no room

Wish i could have it!!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Mileage?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Were is. The car abouts

Post Thanks / Like

Full name:Matt DennisLocation:MK Milton KeynesCar:5 GT Turbo (phase 2)Title:Member

Post Thanks / Like

swap for an e46 bmw 323 coupe?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it still for sale

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry guys, I haven't been on the forums for quite some time and I seem to have missed loads of PM's. I'll post an update here if that's okay as I don't have time to answer each PM separately.

Basically the car didn't sell and I ended up getting really dogged off with people who said they would buy the car for my price, but when they came to see the car they tried to knock me down (2 people did this, neither from the forums I might add). I emailed each person a detailed list of everything that needed doing, and I mean everything. I then added that I would not take under £2k so they should only come if they clearly understood that. I had to take time off from work for one guy who said he would buy it, and ended up leaving as I wouldn't knock £300 off.

Because of this I've decided to take the car off the market. I've hired some premises, bought a heavy duty cover and I'm going to lock it away. I'll see how I feel next spring and go from there. Sorry guys, but I just do not have the time to sell, it's not as simple as I thought it would be.

Do I need to delete this post for now, or should it be locked? Thanks

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Sorry guys, I haven't been on the forums for quite some time and I seem to have missed loads of PM's. I'll post an update here if that's okay as I don't have time to answer each PM separately.

Basically the car didn't sell and I ended up getting really dogged off with people who said they would buy the car for my price, but when they came to see the car they tried to knock me down (2 people did this, neither from the forums I might add). I emailed each person a detailed list of everything that needed doing, and I mean everything. I then added that I would not take under £2k so they should only come if they clearly understood that. I had to take time off from work for one guy who said he would buy it, and ended up leaving as I wouldn't knock £300 off.

Because of this I've decided to take the car off the market. I've hired some premises, bought a heavy duty cover and I'm going to lock it away. I'll see how I feel next spring and go from there. Sorry guys, but I just do not have the time to sell, it's not as simple as I thought it would be.

Do I need to delete this post for now, or should it be locked? Thanks
    Cheers for the reply lol

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you had grief trying to sell it mate. It looks a snip at £2000.

Why do people bid people in the b**locks when they're getting a good deal anyway!?

I hate trying to deal with people when selling cars.

I think you keeping it is a great touch- not many cars you can buy for 2K that won't lose you money. Its a good investment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    Why do people bid people in the b**locks when they're getting a good deal anyway!?

I hate trying to deal with people when selling cars.

That's why I hate selling cars so much, or anything for that matter. If something's advertised for a price, that's the price as far as I'm concerned

I haven't seen the car in the flesh, but by the looks of the photos it could have been a bargain at that price!

It's a shame that it's white, and with a sunroof. Otherwise I might have been....... Erm, no, must resist

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The new Bill J View Post

That's why I hate selling cars so much, or anything for that matter. If something's advertised for a price, that's the price as far as I'm concerned

I haven't seen the car in the flesh, but by the looks of the photos it could have been a bargain at that price!

It's a shame that it's white, and with a sunroof. Otherwise I might have been....... Erm, no, must resist
    Do it! Go on! Worth a view at least sunroof only matters if it leaks or if you're gonna track it. And white is the new leccy blue!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Glacier white gtt's, but I've been there, had that.

Anyway, the car's no longer for sale - Phew

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

hi intrested in the 5 can you call me on 07973509322