Post Thanks / Like

CGB

CGB seems to have had some bad press on here so thought I would put up a quick review.
    Guys where very helpful, answered the phone first time, didnt order my bits until 1030am yesterday and they were here by midday today. Managed to get, rear discs with pressed bearings, pads and locking nuts for £70 posted so prices are competitive too. I know some people have has problems with then but I shall be using them again.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CGB

Ive used them a number of times too - never had an issue - though I usually only try them when Mike isnt available lol

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, have used them a few times now and haven't had a single problem. Everything has arrived as described and with very fast delivery.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought they were gods gift until 2 months ago I placed a order with them, waited 2 weeks still nothing so I called them up, told them I have been waiting 2 weeks an not been able to do anything with my car, for them only to tell me they didn't have the rings in stock. Not even a phone call to let me know, Just left me hanging.

Mike @gtturbo spares for me now. Some parts may cost a little more but at least u know there's now messing about. Plus it's always good stock he sends down. Can't praise him enough

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used CGB a few times and found them spot on. As for mike at gt turbo spares I constantly hear good things but I'm still waiting for an interior he said he has. I waited a month still never got it as it was In Storage and he needed to get it out fair enough. So I gave him a deadline of another month as I work away still haven't got it. And ive been home a month and still havent got it. Ive not had a message after I've chased him up either. Pm him and don't get a reply. I know he's a popular guy but a reply would be nice especially when he messages saying it in his front room ready to go so I ask how much and nothing. Sorry for jacking the thread but

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Higgy82 View Post
    I've used CGB a few times and found them spot on. As for mike at gt turbo spares I constantly hear good things but I'm still waiting for an interior he said he has. I waited a month still never got it as it was In Storage and he needed to get it out fair enough. So I gave him a deadline of another month as I work away still haven't got it. And ive been home a month and still havent got it. Ive not had a message after I've chased him up either. Pm him and don't get a reply. I know he's a popular guy but a reply would be nice especially when he messages saying it in his front room ready to go so I ask how much and nothing. Sorry for jacking the thread but
    Hes been replacing his roof which was caving in and unpacking some large parts deliveries. Give him a message again or email im sure he'll be n touch

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    Hes been replacing his roof which was caving in and unpacking some large parts deliveries. Give him a message again or email im sure he'll be n touch
    I appreciate he's busy and I know it's not his full time job but been waiting months. About 3 haha I don't like putting negative comments but when I see other members asking for bits and he says he has them in stock just shows he has been online but not replied to me so frustrating

Post Thanks / Like

I use cgb quite regular as its only up the road from me never had a problem I always deal with joe the person that works for bob(owner) and he's a great guy massive help and answers any questions I have but I'm not Loyalist to be honest I will always shop around for the cheapest unless urgently required

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Higgy82 View Post
    I appreciate he's busy and I know it's not his full time job but been waiting months. About 3 haha I don't like putting negative comments but when I see other members asking for bits and he says he has them in stock just shows he has been online but not replied to me so frustrating
    Mike probably wont thank me for this but you will have to hound him via 3-4 methods of communication, pincer movement

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Iv never had a prob with mike he has always gone well out of his way to sort me out and in fact has done so again this week regardless of his probs.

On the rare times iv used cgb iv always found them to be good also