Post Thanks / Like

Regional Rep Status

Can a moderator on this board please tell me how you achieve the status of Regional Rep.

Does this actually mean anything?

Being the trusting type of person I am, I have allowed a Regional Rep on this forum to waste my time and mess me about now for over a month. Takes the flipping piss.

So what happens now. I'll probably have to defend my above statement.
    Last edited by mingblus3; 16-07-2013 at 18:30. Reason: not worth the hassle

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Regional Rep Status

Hi Simon,

I am the regional Rep of this area. Idea of this will be obviously having enough knowledge of these cars to help out with members and willing to travel or work on others peoples cars. Also organise events / meets (to not much avail though when it comes to uptake on events or meets which puts you off doing these or trying to sort these out if not much uptake on it.

At present I am in discussion about an additional job within the club which could take a bit more time out of my life, but I am still here to help or get asked questions / phone call to help out. Plus now will be cheaper for me to travel as got a diesel for a daily driver which helps with costs if need to go out.

Post Thanks / Like

So he/she didn't buy something he/she said they would.

It happens alot, take a deposit for your time. I used to trust people all the time, but was robbed from a member years ago... It's now a case of I know who I can trust and hope I'm never let down.

Also in general this club is very trustworthy and 99% of members are genuine.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wasted my time. Nothing else. Nothing was sent either way but I could quite easily have sent the parcel and trusted the person from general forum feedback and I guess taking someone for their word.

I don't mess people around. Never have never will do. Simples.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear this...

99.9% of members are very trust worthy... Senior members/area reps/committee members are all human and make mistakes...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Penfold aka The Dealer View Post
    Sorry to hear this...

99.9% of members are very trust worthy... Senior members/area reps/committee members are all human and make mistakes...
    totally agree least youve lost nothing apart from time, unlike some members in the past, when parts never turned up after theyve paid

just relist mate things will always sell, infuture maybe just a pm to say there being relisted

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't matter who it is money before goods, I learnt the hard way.. Really it was a non sale, non event. So it least nobody's out of pocket, and they might have had personal issues. I guess the Benifit of the doubts required. Just gotta forgive and forget.

Post Thanks / Like

end of
    Last edited by mingblus3; 16-07-2013 at 18:31. Reason: not worth the hassle

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame that these kind of people mess things up for the genuine folk. You just have to set yourself a few rules. One of mine is wait 3 days for PayPal to clear into my bank before sending goods. Doesn't feel nice to do but there's some shady people out there. Clear case of live and learn. Count yourself lucky you didn't get conned mate.