Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Project it will never happen R5 GTT

Quote Originally Posted by LiamR View Post
    Top job mate. Another guide in the articles section

not a problem however I haven't took a great deal of pics but can use the ones I have along with other pics off the net. The guide won't let me reply for some reason now?

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you put all the pictures in here, I will amend the guide. or put them in your profile and I will sort it out that way

Post Thanks / Like

Project on hold as found out I got a little one on the way so need to get my prioritys rite. Maybe next year it will be finished and I'm determined not to break or sell it.

I was really looking forward to getting it done this year and it was definitely possible by the speed of last year's progress but will be happier being a dad. Might try and buy the odd bit when I can so when the project begins again it's just a case of time putting it all together and not money.

South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

I am in exactly the same boat mate. It makes everything grind to a halt! All my time is spent decorating the nursery, building a cot etc etc

Just tuck it away and go back to it when time/money allows.

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah congratualtions guys! much left to do on project? time tends to be an issue once the little one arrives as I found 4 1/2 years ago. Ideally if its nearly done up & running easier to grab a few hours here and there to finish bits off as whole days/weekends on it in one go become a thing of the past! lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks it's gonna be worth the wait for when the cars finally done

Jobs left are:

-2 days putting dash back in and final paint prep then off to be painted
    -Engine put back together once bought new standard pistons, rods, turbo, custom front mount intercooler pipework, new exhaust,new water pump, new radiator
    -Might try polishing phase 1 alloys I have or paint them to save cost then buy some decent tires.
    -Mount cheap sparco buckets I have and get some harnesses
    -Make interior look presentable even for a track car look so carpet, custom door cards
    -Get car set up on the rollers somewhere once I have run the engine in
    -Loads of other little jobs but once it's painted and back home with all the parts purchased it will only take a few week before she's getting an Mot hopefully just don't want to spend the few thousand it needs just yet

Post Thanks / Like

I popped to see the car and put it on some old Clio wheels I had so I can get the old tyres took off the phase 1 wheels. They need restored but I done the wheel swap so it's easier to move the car around as the tyres keep going flat. I recently got a new water pump and rear wheel bearings to get pressed into the rear disks so keeping the bits coming slowly when I can. Hopefully il be moving into a my first house in the next few week but unfortunately it doesn't have a garage and Is 50miles away from the car and I hardly get any weekends off to to work on my car with my dad so things aren't ideal. Just like when the car sat for 7-8year with no progress it will get started again and finished next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Just purchased an engine from south Shields area that came out of a rotten shell and has had some rebuild work done. Now on the lookout for a turbo and exhaust so I can get all the bits before the baby arrives

Post Thanks / Like

Apologies for not being active as a regional rep I underestimated the amount of time a newborn baby takes to look after aswell as working 50plus hours doing night shift. I now drive a saab 2.3 aero estate and haven't seen the Renault in well over a year but hopefully I will get it finished when my parents move house and I have somewhere better to work on it. Might try and get to a Renault show this summer good to see people are keeping theirs going strong