Post Thanks / Like

electrical smoke

I was driving my gordini Turbo the other day to Retro show and on the way back I stopped for fuel( left sat nav plugged in) then when I was driving within 5 minutes I started smelling this horrible electric smoke smell and saw electrical smoke coming from the passenger side of the dash and through the bonnet vent when I stopped.*The fan was on Max and it was a hot day,the stereo was on and sat nav plugged in....As I was 80miles away from home I thought I would drive and see if it smoked again with everything off and it didn't....*Made the rest of the journey home fine with no more smoke.*However I drove my car tonight and the smell was back but no sign of smoke even though I left everything off...So I was wondering if anybody knows what is under the passenger side dash as I'm suspecting a relay or a heater blower malfunction? If so where is the fuse for the blowers?*Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Re: electrical smoke

check to see that the heater motor is actually turning freely. i bet it got stuck and the wiring to the unit got abit hot....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: electrical smoke

rew
    fuse box is under the passenger side if i remember correcly.