Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A small tidy up...Silver ph 1.5

I have done a deal with a member on here... the Red 5 16v has gone....Replaced with this...

I now own this nice little 5, used to belong to a member on here (newbstar) Jason, he had broken it up a few years ago and sold the shell on, it was brought by somebody not in the club... but they replaced the engine with a freshly rebuilt C1J, with a Piper 270 or 300 cam... dont know exactly what cam... its lumpy but I think only the 270 cam is in there. The is also a nice T25 turbo running 18 psi, fueling seems bang on aswell. Also has some samco hoses, Pace intercooler & a mocal oil catch tank & a side exit exhaust. I may remove the uprated bits and put nice standard items on in the future... once I have decided what I am doing with the car.

The body kit is a ph1 kit which has been paint high gloss black, dont look to bad actually, but am thinking of getting a silver ph2 kit for the car...

Wheels are like marmite... I dont mind them but will most likely sell them on with the toyo tyres and replace with some ph2 speedlines (have a complete mint set just some tyres to get for them)

The car came with no rear seats fitted and some R19 16v leather seats... but included in the sale was some standard items minus the bottom rear bench (anybody have one going spare please let me know). Also included in the sale was a nice standard rear shelf... so Today I removed the leather seats and put the standard seats in... some wear and tear to the passenger seat but drivers feels and looks ok... rear seat needs some tlc and some sewing repairs... but not to much to work about.

The dash needs some TLC, a standard gearknow is needed, I will be removing the stainless steel speedo surround and fitting some RTOC dial set....Along with various other RTOC sticker kits for the car to make it look standard.

The exterior of the car is very clean, has had a respray in the past to a good standard, with some love over the summer will look fresh once again , the doors have dropped so will have to get that sorted before they become a pain.

Overall I happy with the car, the Red 5 has gone to a good home and I am sure the new owner will give it some much need TLC to make it in to a nice Track car.

Please no comments about how long will I keep etc, when is it up for sale... if that happens you will all be the first to know and I would like to sell onto a member of the club only.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A small tidy up...Silver ph 1.5

I'm taking bets on owner of red 5 sells / breaks first

Looks a good car with some work should look spot on, bring it up this way and can raid the parts bin

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be interested in the Toyo's (assuming they're 195/45-15") if you decide to get rid of the alloys

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    I'd be interested in the Toyo's (assuming they're 195/45-15") if you decide to get rid of the alloys
    go on chris, you can make a swift tenner .....

Post Thanks / Like

Talking of which, how's that collection of Devil Braces going?

South West Regional Rep jesus in the seat of a 5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    Talking of which, how's that collection of Devil Braces going?
    im sat right here in my coupe overalls polishing all seven of them, surrounded by an outstanding amount of parts ready to go on all of the 5`s or me just roll in them...

Post Thanks / Like

Caaaaaaaaaaant

Post Thanks / Like

You lookin to sell the 19 seats mate?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

lets see how long this one stays all the best with it chris

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

[quote=Bigfoot;339081]I'm taking bets on owner of red 5 sells / breaks first

you`d be wrong

Post Thanks / Like

I think that looks nice penfold, other than the wheels let it down imo, but each to there own. what turbo is it, full t25, or hybrid, want a standard t2 and some cash your way for it

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Met up with Rob1980 from here as he is in Ashford, he is looking for a toy car again and is hankering for a 5.

The 5 started up 1st... Not bad considering its not been used for atleast 2-3 weeks, took it out for a nice little drive, goes like stink, you forget how much grin factor they have.

Car performed spot on, really must get round to getting it clean and finish off the interior..

Post Thanks / Like

Did rob buy it

Post Thanks / Like