Post Thanks / Like

National Day AGM

Assuming there is an AGM this year, and to help those who are a bit shy to speak when the 'Any questions?' is asked, or that maybe they can't attend ND this time around, I thought I'd start this thread so that rtoc'ers can post their questions here, of which hopefully the Committee will answer on the day/post their reply here after the event is over.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: National Day AGM

Should I run a dump valve?

No just kidding. This is a very good idea Mart, I'll put some thought into it.

Here's a starter,

1. Have we had an increase of membership this year? and how does that reflect with the 2 Facebook groups that I / others are regulars on. Traffic on here seems (seems) more static than on there. And I for 1 find the fb interface much better for uploading pictures and generally sharing media. Is this something we can build into our site?

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea we should have an agm saturday at some Point ,and Thats something we need to sort these 2 Facebook groups out or discuss it ,club shop also

Post Thanks / Like

What is the plan of attack to try and either expand the club to attract more performance Renault owners, or otherwise, to more closely ally ourselves with other performance Renault clubs (that is so we can 'club together' for meets etc)?

And if there is no intention to do either of these things, what is the plan of action then to both streamline RTOC and safeguard the crown jewels*, as the numbers of active members decreases?

*which need identifying and prioritising

Not everyone is on Facebook, there needs to be a way to integrate that doesn't require membership to that establishment.

Post Thanks / Like

How about a whats aap group. Cheap and easy way to stay in touch and tramsfer files and pics etc.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to add, it might seem that the club numbers are falling which I don't know the exact figures, but there has been 524 members which have logged into the club within the last month, with over 300 which have logged in this month, and 88 new members so far this year. Not sure how many don't renew. We seem to be gradually bringing in more of the clio lot into the club, which I think with the way this club runs and the knowledge base will keep drawing in more members plus with owners of these cars are realising that parts are not so easy to come by now and being part of a club will help towards running of the car.

Think main thing is to look at is a way of getting parts out to members from the shop but more of the unusual parts. Some of which I have discussed on how this can be done with Ian on a way of running the shop.

Post Thanks / Like

That's good news on numbers Bigfoot Although, that's why I said 'active' member numbers. As there is only a fraction of the membership posting on the site and an even smaller fraction turning up to meets, including and especially the national day.

Post Thanks / Like

The website is good, moral is high and events are happening all over.
    I think we just need more members but not as many as Clio sport or we will loose what we have.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone let me know how the show N shine goes

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we please confirm roles & responsibilites of all Committee members

Applications to be put forwards for Voulenteers to join the Committee to fill in where there is a need
    • What are your ideas to improve the club, how can you help?
    • Application for Events Organiser position (I dont have the time or drive anymore)

Main Club events in years to come:
    • Will there be one?
    • What do the membership want?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    The website is good, moral is high and events are happening all over.
    I think we just need more members but not as many as Clio sport or we will loose what we have.
    Well, we need more active members at least. No point in having even the perfect number of members if the turnout to the ND remains like last year's 80 odd, unless that is the club is happy with this number and gears the day accordingly.
    Last edited by Trevhib; 03-07-2013 at 14:32.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

ND is way too far away for me coming from Cardiff - if its more southerly next year ill come - could discuss where would be best

Post Thanks / Like

Club iS doing well ,events are also doing well some events more than others ,just small small changes are needed but all can ne discuss at agm ,i dnt mind taking notes names etc and future plans

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Matt. My perception is that smaller events are easier to organise and are therefore easier to run well. Organisers have a lower expectation as regards numbers turning up as the events are intended to be smaller and/or local with a narrow focus. Plus, attendees don't expect the world. It may be then that these events are doing well and I haven't any data to show that they aren't but then I'd also like to see data to prove that they are. How are we measuring their success? For example, I remember recently that the club was offered a stand (free IIRC), at a show and we didn't get 1 taker. From a membership of over 500!?

As regards ND, there have been some serious financial issues in recent years due to various problems. Some relate to a lack of attendance, some around a lack of committee coherence and other general problems. There is no doubt that big changes are needed in the way this event is organised and delivered by the club (according to the demand for it).

As for the club in general, you say only small changes are needed. What are they in your opinion? Because if we only discuss it at the AGM, then only a small % of the club's members will be able to take part in the debate.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a pictures/video section would be good - is on all other forums I use but not here - only section for pics is really the blog section

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caymanr26 View Post
    I think a pictures/video section would be good - is on all other forums I use but not here - only section for pics is really the blog section
    https://www.rtoc.org/files/

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

ah thats great - couple of hours to kill there! cheers for that

how do you get to that page though - Ive been on here for nearly 6 months now and have never seen it before

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caymanr26 View Post
    ah thats great - couple of hours to kill there! cheers for that

how do you get to that page though - Ive been on here for nearly 6 months now and have never seen it before
    at the top between 'articles' and 'wizard'

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Hi Matt. My perception is that smaller events are easier to organise and are therefore easier to run well. Organisers have a lower expectation as regards numbers turning up as the events are intended to be smaller and/or local with a narrow focus. Plus, attendees don't expect the world. It may be then that these events are doing well and I haven't any data to show that they aren't but then I'd also like to see data to prove that they are. How are we measuring their success? For example, I remember recently that the club was offered a stand (free IIRC), at a show and we didn't get 1 taker. From a membership of over 500!?

As regards ND, there have been some serious financial issues in recent years due to various problems. Some relate to a lack of attendance, some around a lack of committee coherence and other general problems. There is no doubt that big changes are needed in the way this event is organised and delivered by the club (according to the demand for it).

As for the club in general, you say only small changes are needed. What are they in your opinion? Because if we only discuss it at the AGM, then only a small % of the club's members will be able to take part in the debate.
    Trev, you always have an opinion on these threads, do you fancy putting yourself forward for a committee role? Perhaps you have the time and drive to make the "necessary" changes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    Trev, you always have an opinion on these threads, do you fancy putting yourself forward for a committee role? Perhaps you have the time and drive to make the "necessary" changes?
    I dont mind being a commitee member been a member for a long time go to most events and also Im on the site everyday

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we could get even half the new members on the facebook renault 5 gt turbo owners page to join rtoc that would be a great step forward to increasing numbers

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Raider View Post
    If we could get even half the new members on the facebook renault 5 gt turbo owners page to join rtoc that would be a great step forward to increasing numbers

Quite an amount from that page have joined, this year especially, the lads on there all rave about the rtoc, encouraging people to join.. the ones who have yet to join may feel they dont need to, why bother, everything they need is on the fb page for free... i dont think they are seeing the bigger picture, maybe its not their thing or maybe they just dont have as much passion for Renault turbo's as we do

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve - Raider View Post
    Application for Events Organiser position (I dont have the time or drive anymore)
    Perhaps you'll re-consider after this badical weekend

If not, I hope you'll still be organising the Sangliers trips though?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    Hi Ashy. I went self-employed this year to try and make something work that has been totally unprofitable for four long years. While it remains the stodgy mix of horribly time consuming, mentally withering and financially unrewarding, I wont be taking anything else on that will add further weight to all of those areas. Especially not a committee position in a car club when I don't even own a car

Also, I don't believe that simply being put on the RTOC committee provides the level of authority and autonomy required for any one person to force big changes through. It's right that this club is not a dictatorship but in being a volunteer-based, non-salaried committee leadership, the desire necessary to drive the club forward as a coherent team can be sporadic. As a result, the time scales to achieving milestones can be uncontrolled, especially those less glamorous deliverables that come with a lot of administration. These things are not the fault of any individual (and I applaud every club volunteer), it's the fault of the chosen system. One that is the best of a bad set of options and therefore beholden to its circumstances.

I guess I always have an opinion on club matters because I've been a member for over 15yrs. My comments might appear as moaning but actually all they are is honest observations and genuine opinion on what I think should happen in a best-case scenario for a club I think is great.

Post Thanks / Like

Last day bump.

Post Thanks / Like

What time will be the agm ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt View Post
    Last year it was after the racing, i think around 6pm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gtmatt View Post
    Alright Kim yung il

Post Thanks / Like

Points raised thus far...

- Have we had an increase of membership this year, and how does that reflect with the 2 Facebook groups?

- What is the plan of attack to try and either expand the club to attract more performance Renault owners, or to ally ourselves with other performance Renault clubs?

- Running of the Club shop.

- How about a WhatsApp group?

- Confirm roles & responsibilities of all Committee members.

- What are your ideas to improve the Club? How can you help? What do you want from the Club?

- Next year's National Day: Will there be one? Back at Blyton again, or somewhere else?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JRP View Post
    Alright Kim yung il
    Alrite. Fred dib

Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Mart

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

What ever happened to the rtoc youtube channel being created?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm one of the most distant members (geographically), but I do have an interest in what I believe to be one of the friendliest automotive forums I have had the pleasure of frequenting.

I like the Club Shop and I am well aware that those who are/have run it have always had an issue with storage capacity and therefore the ability to stock larger quantities of product. That said, when an opportunity has come up to provide a good deal for its members, it has done so with excellent results.

Can we obtain better storage and therefore stock some desired items that we know will sell well? Maybe at the AGM ask what items people would like to see? Utilise the members of the club that have the ability to manufacture items?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Hi Ashy. I went self-employed this year to try and make something work that has been totally unprofitable for four long years. While it remains the stodgy mix of horribly time consuming, mentally withering and financially unrewarding, I wont be taking anything else on that will add further weight to all of those areas. Especially not a committee position in a car club when I don't even own a car

Also, I don't believe that simply being put on the RTOC committee provides the level of authority and autonomy required for any one person to force big changes through. It's right that this club is not a dictatorship but in being a volunteer-based, non-salaried committee leadership, the desire necessary to drive the club forward as a coherent team can be sporadic. As a result, the time scales to achieving milestones can be uncontrolled, especially those less glamorous deliverables that come with a lot of administration. These things are not the fault of any individual (and I applaud every club volunteer), it's the fault of the chosen system. One that is the best of a bad set of options and therefore beholden to its circumstances.

I guess I always have an opinion on club matters because I've been a member for over 15yrs. My comments might appear as moaning but actually all they are is honest observations and genuine opinion on what I think should happen in a best-case scenario for a club I think is great.

Post Thanks / Like

Mart, can you put my q on the list?

Any thoughts on developing / reproducing non existant / hard to obtain parts?

If not then dust pan and brush sales will no doubt increase!

Post Thanks / Like

Points raised thus far (updated)...

- Have we had an increase of membership this year, and how does that reflect with the 2 Facebook groups?

- What is the plan of attack to try and either expand the club to attract more performance Renault owners, or to ally ourselves with other performance Renault clubs?

- Running of the Club shop.

- How about a WhatsApp group?

- Confirm roles & responsibilities of all Committee members.

- What are your ideas to improve the Club? How can you help? What do you want from the Club?

- Next year's National Day: Will there be one? Back at Blyton again, or somewhere else?

- What happened to the rtoc youtube channel being created?

- Can we obtain better storage and therefore stock some desired items that we know will sell well? Which items would members like to see stocked?

- Any thoughts on developing/reproducing non-existent/hard to obtain parts?

Could be a busy AGM tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

what about contacting renault and buying up all the old stock of gtt parts?

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Think someone thought of this and would need somewhere huge to store it all and also how to pay for it, good idea though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adey aka Ewok View Post
    what about contacting renault and buying up all the old stock of gtt parts?
    Renault uk do not want to know

Post Thanks / Like

As there was no AGM, I'll lock this thread.

If (any of) the Committee want to answer the questions above, by all means unlock & reply

Post Thanks / Like

??

Committee, Treasurer, Memberships admin Ian S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mart View Post
    ??
    Many of those point have been discussed or answered over the last three months.

Others have no answer as this time.