Post Thanks / Like

After a full respray - Armourfend

Anyone considered this. http://www.armourfend.co.uk/armourfend-for-cars for a R5.

They are based in Essex so I might take a trip and find out the cost involved to protect the front end of the R5. Seeing stone chips on fresh paint is a killer. I had this fitted to an Audi S3 when they first came to the market. It cost around 350 quid to cover the front end key parts and rear quarter areas etc, prices have probably risen.

The amount everyone is spending on the R5s it might be worth considering. It would be good if they did one and then had a template kit to sell.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by mingblus3; 02-07-2013 at 20:43.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: After a full respray - Armoufend

Imo mate i would sooner run the risk of stone chips than have one of these on.Just my opinion.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

good idea but they still stand out on the bodywork. would stand out more so on black matey. but if you have a show car that you want mint then it can only be a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of see the idea but also... how long does it take for your front bumper to look bad? say 2years, just get it painted again, similar price to having the film put on and the film will still chip

Post Thanks / Like

Re-paint every couple of years seems the way forward then.

Post Thanks / Like

Casper, did you look at the website? Did you think it's one of those horrendous car-bra things? What this company is offering is a near invisible clear plastic film.

Will the film chip? It's plastic. I suppose it might get marked up but it will probably more resistant to deterioration and look good a lot longer than 2yrs. Getting the front end of your car resprayed every 2yrs is a right hassle and very expensive.

As Scotty says, I guess it will depend on how much it stands out and what that actually looks like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Casper, did you look at the website? Did you think it's one of those horrendous car-bra things? What this company is offering is a near invisible clear plastic film.

Will the film chip? It's plastic. I suppose it might get marked up but it will probably more resistant to deterioration and look good a lot longer than 2yrs. Getting the front end of your car resprayed every 2yrs is a right hassle and very expensive.

As Scotty says, I guess it will depend on how much it stands out and what that actually looks like.
    Yes Trev i had a quick look.Im not saying dont do it,each to there own.

Post Thanks / Like

I can confirm that it actually looks good on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    Yes Trev i had a quick look.Im not saying dont do it,each to there own.
    No worries mate, agreed, each to their own. It just looked like from your first post, where you described it as not wanting 'one of these on', I thought you might have been talking about a different product