Committee Member
    Events
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone had experience of a zafira gsi?

Just something I'm pondering at the moment but I quite like the idea of a fast mpv for family duties.

I'm looking at the zafira gsi at the moment but don't know anyone who's owned one. I've riven zafiras in the past but only the 1.9 diesel and 1.6 petrol. I found them alright to drive but pretty plain and built to a cost but I can live with that for a family wagon.

What interests me is how reliable they are, especially with mileage and what they're like on fuel and routine maintainance and of course common faults.

I know the ecotec has a reputation for destroying timing gear but that was rectified with a larger oil spray jet in 2001 so all gsi should be ok I think.

So, what's you're thoughts and/or alternative suggestions? Must be 7 seat and with a bit of poke.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone had experience of a zafira gsi?

Did James not have one of these?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah sure he did a little too it as well.

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah I had an early 2004 zafira gsi in silver which I purchased as 2 years old with just under 20k on the clocks, I done a few things, green cone filter (later replaced with the air box and air feed pipe from a 2.2), 500ml PMT coke bottle breather, baileys dump valve was funny, full stainless miltek exhaust, vxr turbo uprated intercooler (ebaY special)and vxr injectors I never got around to the remap wish I had as it was enjoyable to drive for an MPV.

For an MPV they are quick not to good at high speed corners due to weight height and length but still quick with decent suspension may sort this. The rear boot seats are not quiet adult size leg room at the time my eldest was around 4or 5 years old and there wasn't much room then and she's not a tall girl.

Other than that good motors cheap to run and get part's not to bad on mpg I always had coil pack problems I quick reset with logger would sort and it would do it again I even purchased 2 new coil packs from Vauxhall
    Worked for a while and then same problems. Other than that just normal wear and tear and servicing + cambelt mine had only covered 46k when I sold it I had the cambelt done just before I sold it cost me £250 for a garage to do it and new water pump at same time.
    Last edited by James5; 01-07-2013 at 08:20.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Having got a total of 7 kids kinda figures I got an mpv lol. I used to have a Serena with the sr20de engine in . Now I own this

It's an import Nissan largo 2.4L petrol . With the KA24DE engine. ( bomb proof) . @ 150bhp it's quite nippy.
    I hope to turbo it in the future which is quite easy to do and fairly cheap to do as well to get an extra 100 horses.

Can seat 7 adults in comfort kids love it.