Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with b18ft links

Quote Originally Posted by Haz View Post
    Seems I've missed a bit. The way the loom is wired is ok, connection wise, the route is not ideal. Running loom through metal without grommets where it can rub through will eventually become a problem. Have you sorted the rough bit by aei? The reason I run the loom the way I do is because that's how it wants to land naturally. Campus battery layout works even nicer, maybe mojo can put a pic of his up?
    250 for an ecu is crazy, that's a rich pruen modded one too. The one I supplied is modded so not required. I'm on about the black timing one, which I've yet to come across a faulty one, unless it's been 'played' with. You seem to be having issues with the fuel one. Loom differences are tdc connection and timing ecu power
    Remove your loom and post it to me, I'll fully strip and test it. Send me ecu's and afm too and I'll try them for you and go from there. Just mark up which one is goosed, the one that's on its way out etc.
    You really need to test and eliminate what you think is wrong with what you have, otherwise you'll just keep on buying bits you may not need.
    Sometimes you can be given advice that can be wrong because the advisor doesn't have all the info, like when the belt cut into the loom, not obvious but without seeing the car no one would to suggest looking for it
    Cheers haz but iv chopped the shit out of it now it's not worth saving.. It's the loom I need now to start again..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems I've missed a bit. The way the loom is wired is ok, connection wise, the route is not ideal. Running loom through metal without grommets where it can rub through will eventually become a problem. Have you sorted the rough bit by aei? The reason I run the loom the way I do is because that's how it wants to land naturally. Campus battery layout works even nicer, maybe mojo can put a pic of his up?
    250 for an ecu is crazy, that's a rich pruen modded one too. The one I supplied is modded so not required. I'm on about the black timing one, which I've yet to come across a faulty one, unless it's been 'played' with. You seem to be having issues with the fuel one. Loom differences are tdc connection and timing ecu power
    Remove your loom and post it to me, I'll fully strip and test it. Send me ecu's and afm too and I'll try them for you and go from there. Just mark up which one is goosed, the one that's on its way out etc.
    You really need to test and eliminate what you think is wrong with what you have, otherwise you'll just keep on buying bits you may not need.
    Sometimes you can be given advice that can be wrong because the advisor doesn't have all the info, like when the belt cut into the loom, not obvious but without seeing the car no one would to suggest looking for it
    Hero

Post Thanks / Like

So it looks like adaptronic is on the cards just asking scoff for prices at the min and figuring out how to get it there need some Saab injectors and I'm good to go.. Gave up the idea buying another car when I have the 5 just parked I the garage..

Anyone know anyone with a truck in the midlands?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Good man, you'll definitely enjoy the engine a lot more with Adaptronic on it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    Good man, you'll definitely enjoy the engine a lot more with Adaptronic on it
    It's cost me my second car

I should listen to everyone around me and grow the **** up!!! but then where's the fun in that.. So we eat beans for a while longer.. I like beans

Post Thanks / Like

Got a quote of £139 to scoffs on a trailer it's 99miles from here is that right?

Post Thanks / Like

spoke to my mate he can do it monday tuesday or wednesday next week for you for £110

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B18ftMOJO5 View Post
    spoke to my mate he can do it monday tuesday or wednesday next week for you for £110
    Thanks but I'm not ready yet I'm just looking for the time being but I am looking ASAP just need to find out the best injectors to use with the map and spec of the b18.. See what scoff says and I will get back to you with a date.. Thanks for looking for me though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    Thanks but I'm not ready yet I'm just looking for the time being but I am looking ASAP just need to find out the best injectors to use with the map and spec of the b18.. See what scoff says and I will get back to you with a date.. Thanks for looking for me though
    cool hes available anytime when you need it done ill pm you his number.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome news mate, i'll be interested to see how it goes

Post Thanks / Like

See what you mean now woke up to 20 emails from people but your mates still winning at £110

Post Thanks / Like

I have access to a trailer on daily loan rate buddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercat View Post
    I have access to a trailer on daily loan rate buddy.
    Top man saab injectors orderd will fit soon as they get here the question has been asked to scoff when is he free then off for some adaptronic I need boost in my life..

Post Thanks / Like

Now have some Saab injectors just need to fit and wait for July as that's the closest I can get into Efi parts.. Busy man is the scoff.. Now a waiting game one I should of done along time ago

Post Thanks / Like

9th of June for the adaptronic at efi parts sadly I'm out for fcs never mind onwards and upwards

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Retro cars 22nd June Santa Pod fella

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Raider View Post
    Retro cars 22nd June Santa Pod fella
    Well that depends on the time frame scoffs fitting me in between other jobs so will take upto 10days but the mrs says it's a go so far but our girl starts her cleft lip and pallet ops on the 25th could be a good stress relief is there track time available?

Post Thanks / Like

So will the 420d adaptronic replace most things on my b18? Like the maf and all volvo parts? It's those I have fault with I think individually they work fine together they don't.. If it's a case of everything is ran by the 420 I should be good.

Post Thanks / Like

All set for Monday at Efi parts spoke to Chris/scoff and thanks to b18ftmojo5 for sorting transport..

I'm really hoping this sorts my little 5 out she's been locked up for 3months abandoned

Who thinks it will hit the elusive 200bhp mark.. If it dose this all might of been worth it.. If not there might be a 5 for sale

Post Thanks / Like

All set for Monday at Efi parts spoke to Chris/scoff and thanks to b18ftmojo5 for sorting transport..

I'm really hoping this sorts my little 5 out she's been locked up for 3months abandoned

Who thinks it will hit the elusive 200bhp mark.. If it dose this all might of been worth it.. If not there might be a 5 for sale

Once the Adaptronic is fitted i'll be surprised if it didn't do more than 200bhp mate!

Post Thanks / Like

Once the Adaptronic is fitted i'll be surprised if it didn't do more than 200bhp mate!
    I really hope so I hoped to be having a cracking year this year on track but it hasn't happend so far..
    Talking to Chris I might just need a boost controller to make it perfect but we will see what happens next week looks like iv got to fork out for a lap top now as well so I can use the 420d for any future diagnostic but how useful will that be I just plug the car in at home and know what's up I really don't know what todo go for the biggest bhp out of it or just have it running safe. Still haven't told the mrs the cost fingers crossed te 5 performs and behaves at Efi parts it should do iv spent enough getting it there..

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck buddy, be nice to see it back on the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercat View Post
    Good luck buddy, be nice to see it back on the road.
    Cheers bud

I'm aiming to go to retro day at pod if all works out.. People of nottigham have probably thought my 5s gone it sat in the garage that long. Iv finally got the central locking working tonight after three years of not knowing it didn't lock the drivers door the go pro is set in the car for the drive back really can't wait I thought it was quick when standard I can't imagine what it will be like after scoff has a play with it.. Anything over 200 I will be a happy man. and I defiantly need to beat 15.2 at pod then the 5 can go away again for a while until we get our daughters ops out the way..

Post Thanks / Like

I really hope so I hoped to be having a cracking year this year on track but it hasn't happend so far..
    Talking to Chris I might just need a boost controller to make it perfect but we will see what happens next week looks like iv got to fork out for a lap top now as well so I can use the 420d for any future diagnostic but how useful will that be I just plug the car in at home and know what's up I really don't know what todo go for the biggest bhp out of it or just have it running safe. Still haven't told the mrs the cost fingers crossed te 5 performs and behaves at Efi parts it should do iv spent enough getting it there..

To start with go for moderate power, i still recon over 200bhp is achievable even on the first map mate. You can always map it later on for more power

Post Thanks / Like

out of curiousity how much did it cost to buy the adaptronic kit and get it mapped? defo consider that in the future. 200bhp must be 220bhp a tonne more than enough id imagine you would struggle to get any traction beyon that.

Post Thanks / Like

out of curiousity how much did it cost to buy the adaptronic kit and get it mapped? defo consider that in the future. 200bhp must be 220bhp a tonne more than enough id imagine you would struggle to get any traction beyon that.
    Alot but worth it if it sort the car out.. Best money can buy i feel
    Last edited by Nottswoody; 05-06-2014 at 22:17.

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it still on the std cam? Around 200-210bhp max iirc. Should be nicer to drive than a bypass hole setup, but at least you didn't have to faff around with all that too.
    Regards the laptop, consider an android tablet with seperate keyboard instead, look up adaptronic live gauges apps. All you need then is a way to mount it on your dash

Post Thanks / Like

Is it still on the std cam? Around 200-210bhp max iirc. Should be nicer to drive than a bypass hole setup, but at least you didn't have to faff around with all that too.
    Regards the laptop, consider an android tablet with seperate keyboard instead, look up adaptronic live gauges apps. All you need then is a way to mount it on your dash
    I think mark said it's the n/a cam but not sure..
    Is the ipad any good haz?

Post Thanks / Like

It's a different cam in there

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so, I tried to find the app on my phone but it may only be available on iPad?? I've tried with my pulso android but not on there either.
    With the cam it should do around 225bhp@21psi. Does it have a 2ltr throttle body as it will make it more responsive. It only has a 3pin sensor, the std has 5pins but afaik it's because it's linked in with icv, but shouldn't be an issue on adaptronic.

Post Thanks / Like

It's just the standard throttle bodie with the 5 pin throttle sensor. Dose Chris still use that one then? I guess that will be another mod I need to buy later although 220 is more than enough for me it's the torques I'm after tell you the truth I just want to be able to have fun init again. I'm not after pushing it you guys have all done the maximum out the b18 I just want to piss the locals off on the A roads again

Post Thanks / Like

Well the cars at scoffs now (efi parts) what a journey it's 99 miles from me and it pissed it down all the wAy there and even worse on the way back some stupid mare nearly killed me by not looking in her blind spot. 5-10 days to see if she's all better with adaptronic.. Saw some bodies Hreg white one there that's going to be a beast. Fingers crossed it's at the best place now efi parts ftw

Post Thanks / Like

Well not a good start so far seems when I put the red saab injectors in they were either knackerd or when I tried to start it my loom has knackerd them as they are stuck shut.. So were going for vxr injectors.. I hope things go well from here I didn't want her to be a pain for scoff too plus I'm a 100 miles away.. Never realised how bored I'd be without her garage cleaned garden done house work done I'm bored now lol even resorted to watching football..

Post Thanks / Like

From the man him self..

Right, we're all done, best I could squeze was 215hp at 21psi ish. Running in to knock if I push any harder, so hopefully that'll do for now !

I'm happy with that for a b18 should be fun to drive

Post Thanks / Like

thats excellent so it was well worth the trip, what was you hoping to get?? is that a t28??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by R5MJH View Post
    thats excellent so it was well worth the trip, what was you hoping to get?? is that a t28??
    I was happy over 200 so yep I'm happy I haven't fetched it yet it's a 2/3hr drive and I'm all excited at work yep a t28 I always knew the best to get was about 230 anyway..

Right next project f7 lol

Post Thanks / Like

Great, let's hope you get some time to enjoy the car for a while now!

The VXR injectors were ok in the end then?

Post Thanks / Like

Right next project f7 lol
    that what mikes done, gone and bought a f7r pmsl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Great, let's hope you get some time to enjoy the car for a while now!

The VXR injectors were ok in the end then?
    They were Chris choice of injector and if he's happy I'm sure I will be

Picking it tomorrow now
    Last edited by Nottswoody; 17-06-2014 at 14:59.

Post Thanks / Like

Am right in thinking you can only push the b18 to 230ish?

Post Thanks / Like

Am right in thinking you can only push the b18 to 230ish?
    All depends what you have done to it mate, if you leave it a as a fairly standardish engine then thats about the going figure for one, if you play with things (cam, compression, head, valve train) then more can be achieved i believe
    One thing though is the torque on these does feel lot stronger

Post Thanks / Like

All depends what you have done to it mate, if you leave it a as a fairly standardish engine then thats about the going figure for one, if you play with things (cam, compression, head, valve train) then more can be achieved i believe
    One thing though is the torque on these does feel lot stronger
    I think I will be happy for now with it. Just a few things to do before Sunday. Change fluids the alternator is about knackerd just little things. Go pro is on charge ready for some boost footage scoffs having to put some cold start settings on the map so I won't be playing tonight I can see a sicky coming on tomorrow cough cough

Post Thanks / Like

thats great news, you derseve some good news paul hope you have a safe drive back

Post Thanks / Like

thats great news, you derseve some good news paul hope you have a safe drive back
    Cheers bud is there any way to advertise your mates pick up? I couldn't fault him very carefull and bang on time would defo use again.. agree:

Post Thanks / Like

i dont knw him personally paul. just used him off anyvan to send a car to derek lwloby on here and was happy with his service and price. used him twice since then, a nice bloke.

Post Thanks / Like

Top news - but how long till your bored of 200+ bhp?

You getting a cage fitted next?

Post Thanks / Like

What is the torque figure?

Post Thanks / Like

You picked it up yet woody?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post

What is the torque figure?
    I think it's 216

So drove to work today and back giving it a bit of boost then mailed scoff saying it's only hitting 10psi.. I didn't know he set throttle to 60% 10psi flat to the floor for 20.5 psi then the tyres got a hammering.. Yes the adaptronic is a cleaver bit of kit for sure..
    Last edited by Nottswoody; 19-06-2014 at 20:17.