Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with b18ft links

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    From what I can see this block came off of a 5 so on the right hand bolt hole there's about 3 washes to space it.. I'm guessing its moved the angle so a standard mount will fit I'm hoping to have it in by the end of the week so will let you know if that works..
    I spaced the engine mount out abit so it was little bit easier to to put the bottom rad water hose on, with the gt mount in place that gets abit tight

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Markey Mark (BD) View Post
    I spaced the engine mount out abit so it was little bit easier to to put the bottom rad water hose on, with the gt mount in place that gets abit tight
    That makes sense as that was the last thing I looked at today and said the same it's going to be tight there..

Post Thanks / Like

Well the ic and rad are now fitted thanks to thundercat a true gent doing it for me cut the panel out welded new brackets on to hold the huge ic on.. You can now stand onit and it wouldn't budge.. It's back in my hands now tomorrow I will paint the bay hopefully if all is well as the mrs is back in hospital. Picking up my t28 tomorrow from East Midlands turbos so will see what type of work they have done but I'm confidant it will be mint as there pretty big compony now and 5 mins up the road.. Ended up costing a pretty penny but i hope it will be worth it.. Pictures are on rtoc fb group as I can't put them on here yet. Thundercat drilled my wings to fit my ic pipes through.. Need to get the engine in by Monday as I'm back to work Tuesday.. But we will see as I will be out with my daughter this weekend. Family First

Things coming on nicely just need to work all the angles and lengths of the pipe work and order them from a site called 800bhp very good service and fast delivery..

Again thanks to thundercat I wouldn't of been able to do this without his help..

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.midlandturbo.com/

This who iv used as you can see there well established.. I'm guessing the two year gaurentee won't apply to me lol but I will ask see what they say..
    Free next day delivery. Took two days for my turbo. I will pick it up today an see how good it is..

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.midlandturbo.com/

This who iv used as you can see there well established.. I'm guessing the two year gaurentee won't apply to me lol but I will ask see what they say..
    Free next day delivery. Took two days for my turbo. I will pick it up today an see how good it is..
    So I just got back from these guys and my t28 is now mint.. £318 full rebuild with 360 bearing etc etc blah blah..

Anyway so I asked will the 2yr warranty stick and he said yes they will pick it up from your house no matter were you are but and there's always a but if they can't fix it ie blown to bits there's a charge..

I asked what type of turbos will you do and they said if its been built they can recon any turbo out there.

I noticed they marked the actuator and he said if that's broken warranty void so I will just bleed it.

Top service great place well recomended..

Obviously I have to fit it first. Included was all new studs gaskets etc

Well chuffed..

Post Thanks / Like

So I just got back from these guys and my t28 is now mint.. £318 full rebuild with 360 bearing etc etc blah blah..

Anyway so I asked will the 2yr warranty stick and he said yes they will pick it up from your house no matter were you are but and there's always a but if they can't fix it ie blown to bits there's a charge..

I asked what type of turbos will you do and they said if its been built they can recon any turbo out there.

I noticed they marked the actuator and he said if that's broken warranty void so I will just bleed it.

Top service great place well recomended..

Obviously I have to fit it first. Included was all new studs gaskets etc

Well chuffed..

i had a skoda diesel turbo for my cab from here many moons ago and it lasted longer than the oe mate

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I give up trying to put bloody pics up. I can load them to my profile but not on my thread.. It let me do one link and now it won't doit.. For those intersted its the first 6 I think.. Or can someone put them up there?

No work being done till Monday now back to a couple of hrs a day..

Post Thanks / Like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Shame you didn't get a big intercooler is there no structual loss when cutting the cross member off? Looking good though. Just a quick one what happened to the c1j engine then? When's the f7p conversion happening

Post Thanks / Like

We will be bracing the crossmember with a beam later but all the weight is on the subframe really anyways.. The c1j is in my garage with all the parts to put it back should I want to.. And f7p will be next year probably. I get bored very easily as you know.

Just for clarity I only removed the c1j because of oil leaks and I didn't see the point fixing those putting it back in to be the same so I thought I'd try some efi first on the b18.. F7p is just way out my price range at the min.. (2nd child on the way) but maybe next year sell te c1j and parts and the b18 and parts that might put me on the way to f7p or any other conversion that maybe out there by then.. Personally I think I would of had my fill by then. Two kids and a 5 don't really mix..

Post Thanks / Like

Well not a very successful day today painted my bay black today so couldn't do anything in there. Found that I need a new oil feed for my turbo as for the Volvo lump the end is a lot further away than the c1j so a trip to pertec in the morning.. Then hopefully get this lump I tomorrow once iv bolted the turbo down and got the oil feed on as it looks a pig to do when in the car. And I'm on the phone to Cgb that have took the piss with a delivery.

Apart from that the mrs is back out of hospital for now and baby is ok so that's all that really matters.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good mate nearly there

Post Thanks / Like

Someone call the POLICE I just got robbed by pertec lol £57 for a braided oil feed.. But atleast I can crack on and get the turbo fitted then hopefully her the engine in today.. Back to work tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Well engines in. I want to thank thundercat and Marky mark for all there advice and help I nearly made a big mistake not turning the turbo housing round that would of been a bitch I was just putting the engine in when they noticed on a fb photo I had done earlier. The back mount was a bit of a bitch and out of line but with a couple of hammers from underneath it went in.. That's it now back to work tomorrow I will only get a couple of hrs at a time now so god knows how long this will take now.. Since I will have to bike to work everyday that will be my motivation.. All good fun so far only a couple of snags but nothing I can't handle..

Post Thanks / Like

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful! Now wire it up and off ya go

Post Thanks / Like

******* 5 lol 12hr shifts are not helping too tired to do anything the small Jobs seem Tito be taking for ever.. I didn't read or listen to peeps that said I ha to move the dowl in the gearbox for the starter motor otherwise it will grind so that was a ******* to get off but got there in the end but I still don't see how it will help a it just seems the same to me.. Then I had a **** time trying to fit my exchaust as it was solid and needed twisting to get it to fit.. Smashed my face with a bloody spanner lol while under there.. Cross threaded my gearbox thread for the driveshaft so had to get that sorted.. But I'm getting there slowly pity works so busy at the min but I really need the OT at the min.. Apart from that were golden

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question to all you b18ers dose the main fuel line go to the fuel pressure reg and the other to the opposite on the fuel rail? Iv only got an hr to play today.. I'm guessing that's the way they go? Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Quick update. Got the starter going and lights on the dash through the 5s wiring loom thanks to thundercat aka mr smith new driveshafts fitted gearbox oil is in. The Volvo loom is in place and just needs connecting to everything. Petrol pipe connected and brake servo to.. Started work on all the water pipes which was easy Enough with c1j hoses and used a Saab main water pipe from the thermostat to rad fit perfect.. Boost hoses are fitted from ic upto turbo but waiting on parts from throttle body to ic I can't get a tight enough 180 pipe so far.. Getting there though.. All good fun so far

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philg View Post
    T2 on mine, 1 bar and the car made 170hp 240torque
    Just re noticed this 240 torque that sounds fun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by V Man View Post
    I also have a b18 project that needs finishing but have to get my garage floor finished first. So hopefully couple weeks we can compare notes!
    Have you started yours yet bud?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Benjibrady View Post
    Im starting mine at the begging of next month, so will be seeing how you get on with a watchful eye. Let us know how you get on.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Na. But I took the day off today and began the run of a 10mm electric Cable to the garage so when the blooming floor is in the welder and grinder will be ready at hand. Just waiting for the farmer next door to shift the earth I dug out before concrete goes in.

Then its tinker time and time to squeeze as many horses as possible out the bad lad.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Nearly there all piped up just no time still.. So looking forward to getting this back on. The ground.. Good thing though I'm back on my bike lol so loosing some bellie

Things todo..

Tap into c1j loom place the ecu in the bulk head strut brace back on..
    Shocks back on then wheels.

Then jack up the back change the fuel pump and put new calipers on the back and were good to go.. Happy happy happy.

And all before the mrs drops the baby lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry OE guys had to chop te **** out of the bumper.. The bonnet was fun fitting also.. Onwards and upwards.. On a good not though all mods declared.. £264 new insurance quote.. Happy happy happy..

Post Thanks / Like

How's this for a pisstake.. My insurance is due on the 1st from Adrian flux quoted £624 so shopped around and flux direct (same compony) says £216 all mods blah blah comprehensive and able to drive others. Then another compony I used to be with called brentacre phones and I said waisting your time bud your not going to beet them.. £198 same deal.. Insurance company's are a joke.. £3000 classic car and 3000miles just shows it pays to shop..

Post Thanks / Like

So she's back on the floor and on all four wheels but something I didn't take into consideration was clearance of my boost pipes through the wing to the wheels so iv changed the piping arrangement and we have about an inch clearance I hope that's enough travel lol or I'm buggerd lol I can't move it any more without re welding the wings and cutting again apart from that she's all good and thundercat (Mr smith) will be finishing the wireing off real soon..

Left todo is
    Oil filter
    New rear calipers
    Fuel pump
    Wireing
    Water and oil
    And start her up

An hr here n there is all I get so not doing bad but babies imminent running out of time..

Post Thanks / Like

Pads done
    Handbrake cable done
    Underseal done..

Fuel pump tomorrow
    Oil filter then fill her up with oil
    Fill her with water and coolant
    90% there
    It's now a race till Monday to get this finished

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say I'm 96% there just a few ends to tie up but out of time on the other hand baby is out tomorrow thanks to thundercat for giving me his expert help on this build and info and parts from Marky mark.. Soon as I get some spare time I will finish it off.. Very tight spots in the bay especially that bottom hose was a ******* lol all because I wanted a huge ic lol.. I have to take the alternator off then the oil filter just to get at it.. Then you can just about get one click on the wrench. Apart from that happy so far..

Post Thanks / Like

Where abouts did you feed the wiring around the engine bud as mine is looking a bloody mess at the moment

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Benjibrady View Post
    Where abouts did you feed the wiring around the engine bud as mine is looking a bloody mess at the moment
    Mine is chopped to the beAr bone.. I've chopped it into the r5 loon and round the r5 drivers wing then across the strutt nrace then choped into the aei hole into the batterie hole all ecus are in there nice n tidy

Post Thanks / Like

If you get a second could you stick a picture up? Mine is looking very scruffy at the moment. Was going to stick the ecus inside the car as I have my power steering pump where the battery used to go. Tbf I haven't taken the loom about so it's a very thick bunch of wires atm.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Really thinking about just going for it and forking out for standalone.. Anyone got all the results on a b18 with t28? I can see the bonus getting smashed go!!!

Post Thanks / Like

These cars go moldy quick I went in the garage for the first time in 5weeks and the seats and steering wheel have gone white.. Think she's trying to tell me something..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

How's it driving? Have you managed a good run out yet.....you've got the injectors , turbo, cam and intercooler so shouldn't you just need an unrestricted ecu and a maf bypass hole and get a 200+ bhp??

Post Thanks / Like

How's it driving? Have you managed a good run out yet.....you've got the injectors , turbo, cam and intercooler so shouldn't you just need an unrestricted ecu and a maf bypass hole and get a 200+ bhp??
    Hi bud.. I haven't had it running yet as we had our 2nd child 8 weeks ago so I have other priorities at the mo.. But I will get back in the garage soon I really am starting to miss the old gal.. But yes your right I have all the gear to hopefully be hitting 200+ I'm saving for standalone at the min and then let scoff do his magic with her but that's a while a way at the mo.. I'm in a predicament at the min engagement ring for the woman I love or standalone sooner lol.. I really need and want both just waiting to see what my bonus is like this month..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi bud.. I haven't had it running yet as we had our 2nd child 8 weeks ago so I have other priorities at the mo.. But I will get back in the garage soon I really am starting to miss the old gal.. But yes your right I have all the gear to hopefully be hitting 200+ I'm saving for standalone at the min and then let scoff do his magic with her but that's a while a way at the mo.. I'm in a predicament at the min engagement ring for the woman I love or standalone sooner lol.. I really need and want both just waiting to see what my bonus is like this month..
    I would hang fire on the stand alone and have a crack at bypass and standard ecu. Tim who recently broke his b18 was nigh on 230 bhp on standard ecu.....

Post Thanks / Like

I would hang fire on the stand alone and have a crack at bypass and standard ecu. Tim who recently broke his b18 was nigh on 230 bhp on standard ecu.....
    What and why did it break bud?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he said it was head gasket maybe? Not sure.look on YouTube for b18 Regy5gt and you'll see it on rollers at scoffs. Same setup ad you making 230bhp on standard ecu.

Post Thanks / Like

Nipped in the garage for a spare hr I had.. Few qs for you..

Should the main fuel feed go to the regulator or to the beginning of the rail? At the min I have it to the fuel reg??

Also were should the earth from the dizzy go to? I haven't got one (read in a post it needs one?)

Also I can't hear the pump go when cranking but it dose when I bridge it to live.

Cheers guys I'm no sparky

Post Thanks / Like

Should the main fuel feed go to the regulator or to the beginning of the rail? At the min I have it to the fuel reg?? Yeah to the fuel regulator

Also were should the earth from the dizzy go to? I haven't got one (read in a post it needs one?) somewhere on the chassis, should be a thin brown wire coming off the part of the loom that plugs into the coil
    Also I can't hear the pump go when cranking but it dose when I bridge it to live.
    Double check that you've soldered to the correct yellow ignition? Seems to be a common problem. Also, I know it sounds stupid, but check all the fuse and relays around the pick connector block as that's what it was one mine didn't turn over

Post Thanks / Like

Quickly swopped the fuel lines tonight batteries in charge for the morning. Let's see if that sorts it out hopefully get an hr free on it tomorrow..

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed buddy, well overdue being fired up!

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

fuel feed should go to end of rail, reg is the return.
    dizzy earth is just a small engine earth, so long as you have a decent engine earth its fine. the borwn earth by the coil is the earth for the coil.
    i guess if the fuel pump isnt priming then it could be the switched ign live for the ecu's could be on the wrong ign live, wants to be on one thats on 2nd click. also are the ecu's matched with loom, later versions have an extra live.
    if the fuel pump will run when bridged then thats ok and the fault is somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

She's alive!!!!!

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done matey, I've not followed this build as much as the c1j one so forgive me for asking is this nearly finished and ready for the road.