Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help with b18ft links

So welding guys!!!

Outer sills are mint but the inners are toast.. Easy enough to do or do the outers have to come off again?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    So welding guys!!!

Outer sills are mint but the inners are toast.. Easy enough to do or do the outers have to come off again?
    Are you still coming ND pal,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B18ftMOJO5 View Post
    Are you still coming ND pal,
    I should be but not in the 5 I'm trying to get it booked off as of right now I'm booked in so will just pay on the gate I think..

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep iv driven mine for nearly 4yrs now mrs hates it can't have the kids init I was hammering it to work and back.. So why not just use it for pod? I spent £££££ doing it up and killed two engines in 6000miles so my theroy is if I only use it for pod it should last years watched outlaws since day 1 and all other program's on sky at the min the mrs hates it 13.9 wasn't bad but I know she can do better..

Looking forward to seeing you running at Retro Day,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James5 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing you running at Retro Day,
    My 5 won't be at pod this year bud.. I'm battling rust control this year

Post Thanks / Like

My 5 won't be at pod this year bud.. I'm battling rust control this year
    Noooooo

Post Thanks / Like

Noooooo
    Sadly yes.. Passenger side inner sill is gone completely all the sealant has held water and it's now ****ed it good and proper drivers isn't as bad but rusted and they were done in 06
    Got the rear beam off and both rear jacking points are rotted and have holes in were it fastens to the floor.. So complete rip out all new items underneath everything new brakes/lines/ everything it will be a new car.. But sadly will be off the road as long as needed no half measures here

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly yes.. Passenger side inner sill is gone completely all the sealant has held water and it's now ****ed it good and proper drivers isn't as bad but rusted and they were done in 06
    Got the rear beam off and both rear jacking points are rotted and have holes in were it fastens to the floor.. So complete rip out all new items underneath everything new brakes/lines/ everything it will be a new car.. But sadly will be off the road as long as needed no half measures here
    Dude at least once done as you say will be a new car, you going to tackle the welding yourself

Post Thanks / Like

Dude at least once done as you say will be a new car, you going to tackle the welding yourself
    Not the big stuff but I will be buying a welder for the little I will have to nip to the scrapers and get some metal and practice on that before I do my car

Post Thanks / Like

Keep on it bud, my trophy is in same condition, both inners to be welded.

Post Thanks / Like

So no real update apart from its rotten as hell under there both sills inner sills are bad enough to need doing both rear jacking points are really bad in my eyes so i am cutting it all out and starting fresh. In the mean time iv had the rear beam bushes done the garage said they was not nice todo and said he would never do another set stripped and painted the beam painted all brackets taken off the car because I'm a cheap ass and had some paint left over. New brakes all round new brake lines fuel lines ext ext. i will get there in the end lots of grinding taken all the sealant off underneath that was the worst job ever as id smothered it last year in underbody sealant last year. All not very nice on my back with about a foot of height off the floor. Why do we do this too ourselves? I really don't know anymore all the funs gone out the 5 at the minute. With family life and work i think it will be done next year at the earliest. Still undecided if i should stick to red or go another colour on the 5

Onwards and upwards..

Post Thanks / Like

Those rear beam bushes are a nightmare! When they need doing again in 20yrs, take it back to the same place, maybe he'll have forgotten how bad a job it was

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Those rear beam bushes are a nightmare! When they need doing again in 20yrs, take it back to the same place, maybe he'll have forgotten how bad a job it was
    Bassiclly he had to burn them then air saw them then callapse them grind the rust away grease then re fit with a press .. Charged me £60 for it plus £16.99 for the bushes to say they have done about 230000 miles i dont think there that bad.. He even said cracks in the rubber are ok its only a mot failure if its split.. Well worth doing though surley its such a large bush.

Post Thanks / Like

Bassiclly he had to burn them then air saw them then callapse them grind the rust away grease then re fit with a press .. Charged me £60 for it plus £16.99 for the bushes to say they have done about 230000 miles i dont think there that bad.. He even said cracks in the rubber are ok its only a mot failure if its split.. Well worth doing though surley its such a large bush.

Wow ow haven't been on for a long while.. Been busy with family stuff so the 5s on the back burner for the time being but still doing bits to kill the rust issues an hr at a time. I won't give up till she's back up and running. So far I've done passengers inner sill new floor and jacking point front and rear so much rott was found under the beam where it touches the body so I've made new and thicker for both sides.. Been a bitch learning to weld at the same time but I will get there.. Once I work out how to work photos on the new site I will upload some.. 👍.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep it up Paul Pics should be easier now!