Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guy's, R5T question

First post!

Went to say hello in the "say hello" section but couldn't so thought id do it here.

I'm an Admin over on Coupe-Club.co.uk and was told to try on here for some info about fitting an R5 Turbo into a megane coupe.

Does anyone have an idea of what will need to be swapped? as in driveshafts, gearbox or other bits, also does anyone know if this has been done before?

i'll be getting fitted into a 1996 1.6 8v megane

i also have a 2.0 16v f7r coupe, does anone know if theres a exhaust manifold off a differen renault that will fit the f7r engine.
    Last edited by Rich_s; 02-01-2009 at 23:33.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hi guy's

New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I've been told they fit in a clio, so should go straight in a coupe right???

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings

Not sure how da management will see this but threads of this nature have to be on the 'Technical Discussion' board, not Gen Chat. To get a thread in Tech Disc you need to be a paying member...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trevhib View Post
    Greetings

Not sure how da management will see this but threads of this nature have to be on the 'Technical Discussion' board, not Gen Chat. To get a thread in Tech Disc you need to be a paying member...

Yea i understand that, also bring admin i get frustrated with these kind of threads to, but £25 to be told yes/no is alot, if it can/has/is going to be done then i'll pay membership to gain the technical help,

but £25 to be told no i think even managment can agree will be a bit silly

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

it's a bit of a shame to see joining as only being worthwhile to answer the 1 question, I'm sure you know there's a lot more to be had than that

but away, by way of enticement () the GTT engine will fit I'm sure, you'd want to keep your exising gearbox and driveshafts I expect (since I don't know if your speedo is mechanical or electical). I dare say even with the GTT gearbox your driveshafts will work fine, the GTT ones will be too short. I don't know what you will do about the front engine block mount, you might have to modify your own mount. If it's an F block you have now then it won't be far off, a re-drill might get it.

as for F7R manifolds, clio 16v or the tube manifold from a williams should go I guess.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    it's a bit of a shame to see joining as only being worthwhile to answer the 1 question, I'm sure you know there's a lot more to be had than that

but away, by way of enticement () the GTT engine will fit I'm sure, you'd want to keep your exising gearbox and driveshafts I expect (since I don't know if your speedo is mechanical or electical). I dare say even with the GTT gearbox your driveshafts will work fine, the GTT ones will be too short. I don't know what you will do about the front engine block mount, you might have to modify your own mount. If it's an F block you have now then it won't be far off, a re-drill might get it.

as for F7R manifolds, clio 16v or the tube manifold from a williams should go I guess.

sorry mate,

i know there's mere to be had, and i will join when pay is in the bank, just needed a quick answer as the guy with the r5 engine needs to know if i'm having it

meant to say reguarding the f7r, is there a turbo manifold of a different renault that will go on the f7r

efi-parts.co.uk
    Post Thanks / Like

re turbo manifold, I don't believe so. BB and the likes sell a cast one, most folks make they're own.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoff View Post
    re turbo manifold, I don't believe so. BB and the likes sell a cast one, most folks make they're own.
    cheers mate,

new to turbo engines, i have a 04 lag 1.9dci and wouldn't know whre to start with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am now going to lock this thread until pay day

We have answered your basic question, join up and we can answer pretty much most questions you will have regarding this build. (which btw would be interesting to see)