Post Thanks / Like

3 Annoying problems

Ok so I purchased a new oil sensor and fitted it this afternoon. Was working fine, then it stopped completely, and now it's working again. Oil pressure is reading low but seeing as this has not worked before I'm not sure what could be the problem.

I also purchased a low temp rad switch and fitted it, to find the one that I took out was exactly the same 68 degrees sensor. The fan is still coming in at 3/4 and I was expecting this to be much lower. What could the problem be.

Finally It gets up to speed just fine but at 90mph it's like hitting a brick wall and the car does not gain hardly any more speed!!!! my old 5 cruised at that speed standard.

Need as much help as I can get.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Annoying problems

I would check that the dial needles are correctly positioned before you go any further. Look for a set of oe clocks and make sure yours are the same when the ignition is off. The other fault we need more info, do you have boost ok etc. are you in 5th etc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick k View Post
    I would check that the dial needles are correctly positioned before you go any further. Look for a set of oe clocks and make sure yours are the same when the ignition is off. The other fault we need more info, do you have boost ok etc. are you in 5th etc
    I'm going to double check all the connections tomorrow and re-crimp new ones if need be.

Yes in 5th on boost in 4th it pulls hard but 5th its rubbish its gains nothing. I can stare at the speedo and as soon as it hits 90ish it just does not want to go any more really holding back. It would take quite a long stretch of road to really get it into 100mph+. All my hoses are connected well.

What other info do you need to know?

Post Thanks / Like

You dont need a low temp fan switch mate, thats one problem fixed for you

As for hitting a brick wall at a ton - it all depends on the spec/setup, if your still on the standard turbo top end pulling power isn't that flash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
    You dont need a low temp fan switch mate, thats one problem fixed for you

I'm confused, do I need a standard one then?

As for hitting a brick wall at a ton - it all depends on the spec/setup, if your still on the standard turbo top end pulling power isn't that flash.
    Its got a T25 and Group A carb Stage 3 cylinder head so was expecting it to be a bit better. Has a Pipercam as well but not sure what one long term plan is to put it back to std but want to get it running right as it is.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Have forgot to mention that I popped outside a little earlier to check if the oil gauge was still working. Nope nothing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Standard fan switch works fine mate. The low temp switches just kick the fan in every 5 seconds.