Post Thanks / Like

New member - sort of

hi all,
    a quick story to explain the title:

since i can remember ive always loved the renault 5 gtt's. When i was a nipper, the son of the lady that baby sat for me had a dark blue renault 5 gt turbo and i am assuming this is where my love for the cars has stemmed from as when i was 17, i saved up all my pennies and purchased this;

it was uncomfortable, noisy, unreliable, it had rust just about everywhere, but probably the most fantastic car i have ever owned. Not the best car i have ever owned, but definitely my favourite. After only three months of ownership i decided to sell it to buy something more 'economical', it took me all of about two hours to massively regret it and wish i had it back (does anyone know if its still about, would love to know that its still on the road).

so, i thought i would buy another in 2011, hence my membership date, and i ended up buying a different car, same again in 2012, and the same again at the begging of this year.

in the present, i have a clio rs 200 as my daily driver (brilliant car, ****e on fuel) but still not the same as driving the renault 5, thus after saving up all of my pennies, I've just put the deposit down for bigdur's 5.

This will be my weekend drive, plus something i can use for tracks, and believe it or not, something for the ms. to learn to drive in.

Unfortunately i cant get the time off work to come to the shows in it in july as i already have a holiday booked, but hopefully over the next couple of years will be able to attend a view meets/shows and show her off.

Glad to finally be back in the seat of a 5

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New member - sort of

That looks a nice 5 I like them in black.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks an awsome machine. Welcome mate.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

make sure your missus takes care of it, if you hear it dump she is going too fast

Post Thanks / Like

cracker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by safehands View Post
    cracker
    Thanks man, have big plans, already done a fair bit of work and had my fair share of '5 fun'