Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

not an r5 gtt but a c2 gt

thought i would do a small thread on my girlfriends little citroen c2 gt

its not a five gt but but a citroen c2 gt. i think people on here will like it as its a little different like the five and still has the french love .i had one of these when i first met my little ladie when i was 18. i had the best time in it out of all the cars iv owned. i really mean that too! it took me to germany to the ring and done many laps. its taken me to loads of shows and meets. sounds crazy that a little 1.6 16v was that fun and reliable. never had anything since that iv enjoyed so much. when i got my one it was on 15,000miles and was a year old. my little found one last week and said she really wanted it so i said yes straight away!! and so it begins all over again hahaha

a small review on the c2

So here we go: lose 28kg (no electric mirrors, can of puncture mousse in place of wheel, no fog lights, smaller windscreen wash bottle, etc); unique front bodywork for the rally car quest, and a 2500-unit limited production; a manual gearbox that helps shave 1.4sec on the VTR’s 0-60mph time; white wheels and WRC red paint; all for £10,495 - a £500 saving over the VTR.
    In the past, such PSA group tweakery has given us the legendary 1300cc 106 Rallye and 306 Rallye. And remember - white wheels are what Stefan Roser’s white socks are to 911 anoraks. It’s a small detail - the uninitiated will question your taste - but understanding proves you’re on the right wavelength.
    The C2 VTR isn’t the most promising of starting points. Although it brought massive improvements in comfort, safety and ergonomics over the Saxo - all areas where that car was particularly weak - driver satisfaction nestled somewhere between translucent door handles and load-bearing tailgate on the job list, and nothing illustrated that more than the standard-fit Sensodrive transmission. Mercifully, the GT’s manual ’box reinstates the terrier-like character that’s vital in a car such as this - as a glance at the performance figures proves - despite a sloppy change and a lever too short for tall drivers.
    The 16v TU5J engine in the new C2 VTR/GT has been detuned to 110bhp from its Saxo VTS days; seasoned VTS pilots will know how fizzy the old 120bhp twin-cam can be and appreciate its tuning potential. Although the old 8v VTR engine may have struggled at the top end, it delivered decent pulling power throughout the rev range, something that was never the 16v lump’s forte. In the C2 you’ve got 1000rpm less to play with and 50kg more weight to lug about. Predictably, the GT initially slouches, responds poorly to the throttle and easily runs into the limiter - though admittedly our test car was tight, with only 400 miles on the clock. There’s also a pronounced flywheel effect, which feels ECU-related, and the engine sounds strained, but the GT’s bluntness feels like nothing a new chip and a free-flow air filter wouldn’t sort.
    Although Citroën claims there have been no changes to the chassis, the GT has a more positive feel than the VTR. That car’s thin, hard leather steering wheel has been replaced by a thick-rimmed item with deep grip cut-outs, sourced, strangely, from the base Pluriel. Cheap plastic it might be, but it allows you to get a much more confidence-inspiring purchase over the C2’s direction. A small change - a big difference. It rides firmly, rolling very little for a tall car, and grips impressively, although there’s less adjustability than in the old Saxo. What still lets it down is the electric power steering, which offers frustratingly little feedback, despite reassuring weight at speed.
    The C2 GT is a substantial step in the right direction after the disappointing VTR, and for hot-hatch fans everywhere, that can only be a good thing. The basics are great, now we just need a bit more of the old Saxo magic.

auto car review.

hopefully this will be a good little car and cheap fun .we got it cheap as it needs a fair bit of work. it will get there tho
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: not an r5 gtt but a c2 gt

so it starts.

yesterday i started work we ordered some fk highsport coilovers gotta start somewhere so why not a set of coilovers haha. the guy who owned it befor us had just fixed and done things as and when it was due. he replaced the front right shock and spring due to the spring cracking. but when you change one you should really the pair. the car felt like it was higher one side than the other. so this is where the coilovers come in to play

so i brought

- fk highsport coilovers
    - new front drop link bars
    - new anti rollbar bushes
    - wax oil
    - some new front wipers
    - a vanilla tree

when i done my shocks on my old c2 it was easy and i thought i would be done in a few hours. i was wrong haha my c2 was near new this ones done 68,000miles and is now 10 years old. so was a bit harder. still got it done

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

coilovers on ,and waxoiled

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

a little lower . need to keep it a safe height as the coilovers will settle a little

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

next job are wheels. want to get some rally style rims to go with the idea of the gt in the first place so team dynamics or compomotives or something? i really like team dynmic TD04`s want to loose the 16 inch alloys.there kurbed and need refurbing anyhow. they have gone a yellow colour instead of white lol .thinking graphite grey on the blue.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

supposed to be my girlfriends car but iv kinda claimed it at the moment lol

Post Thanks / Like

Looks a good car and i really like the colour aswell. Definatly graphite grey for the wheels mate. What other plans you got?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Looks a good car and i really like the colour aswell. Definatly graphite grey for the wheels mate. What other plans you got?
    its not bad matey got a fair bit to do. ordered new brakes all round,new cambelt as its due at 74,000miles, new exhaust, new valeo clutch. just waiting on the parts. then i can sort some rims out it needs a good clean and a couple of dents sorted too.

major plans are a set of reprofiled cat cams ,xara throttle bodie on bored vts mani. 4/2/1/ exhaust mani then clean and enjoy hopefully. its only 110bhp so hopeing with small mods and a remap should be 150-160bhp decent poke for a little car that weighs naff all. good enough for the little ladie and me to enjoy. and cheap

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Vanilla trees add anywhere between 35-45 bhp. Good mod!!

Agree with Chris on wheel colour

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    Vanilla trees add anywhere between 35-45 bhp. Good mod!!

Agree with Chris on wheel colour
    yea i went with the vanilla power as the power band is better than the black ice mod

yea i rekon graphite grey is the one but the little ladie thins ima make it to track looking lol

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

U bought it for yourself really mate u love a hot French hatch

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    U bought it for yourself really mate u love a hot French hatch
    nooooooooooooooooooooo . . . . . . yea

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of my old Saxo VTR that was the same colour blue

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

minor update

brought some inr prima racing cams(cituning) ,uprated clutch, tdo4 team dynamic alloy wheels ,which have been powder coated audi q7 grey. so not graphite but should look ok they are very light . brought a load of service parts to including a gates cambelt and water pump. iv ordered a 4/2/1 mani and exhaust system. have only brought a mild steel setup as funds are now getting tight. but should still be more than good enough for what we want

Post Thanks / Like

Should be a nice bit of fun looks great my misses has a C2 Code and I love a blast in that from time to time, a great little allround car it is as well..