Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

1990 Renault 25 TXI - The Garlic Barge

Hey all,

Just thought i'd upload my non turbo 25 Project report, hope this is ok!

Pinched it from retro-renault

02 October 2012

Picked this old girl up in May, this is how it looked when I got it home

RetroTastic:

It went in to the bodyshop a few months ago and finally got it back on Sunday (1st October):

After a quick wash:

91 Spec TXI/V6 spoiler fitted:

91 Spec Exec/V6 steering wheel fitted:

Interior was given a quick vacuum (but had gotten grubby in the work since the shampoo in June, so needs to be vax'd again:

Picked up some genuine rear 3 piece mats in July from ROC 60th Anniversary autojumble in Bewl, back in June (also picked up spare body parts):

Unforunately I couldn't find genuine front mats so bought a set of four tailored mats off ebay to use the front two:

ebay keyring (slightly damaged from bad handling in workshop!)

Thats all for now, plenty more for me to be getting on with!

12th October 2012

Had a spare few hours today, so cleaned the interior and then inside all the door shuts boot shuts etc, then cracked on with a quick clean under the bonnet, could probably put a few more hours into the engine bay but for the time I put in i'm pretty happy with it:

Before:

After:

Prab

13th October 2012

Picked up a load of 25 bits today off a chap from Renault Owners Club, came home and was planning to clean the car but weather has been on and off so used the time to sticker it up a bit

Genuine Renault RAC tax disc holder

"There's more to life with Renault" Replica Sticker:

Representing Retro-Renault

Prab

20/10/12

Well the ISO adapter, and din pocket haven't arrived yet so couldn't put my alpine head unit in, but picked these Rockford Fosgate Punch speakers up from a chap on edition38, they sound fantastic.

Installed them in the rear:

26th October 2012

Got a few odds and sods together recently, decided against installing the alpine head unit and keeping it OEM, so added a nifty veba fm Modulator to the car, and picked up a remote control for my ipod.

Ipod RF Remote:

Installed the modulator behind the ash tray, (easy access if i want to change the frequency):

RCA to 3.5mm lead running to the glovebox:

Peeled this sticker off the box for the remote:

Prab

4th November 2012

Sorted out the sounds for the front, got some rockford fosgate FNQ 2614s for a bargain price on ebay:

Look at those cones!:

Some engineering required to the standard speaker baskets:

Don't quite fit behind the oem cards and grills!:

Fosgate Grills, look nice and simple:

Prab

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1990 Renault 25 TXI - The Garlic Barge

You do know what those 12v lumps turn into with a turbo bolted on dont you.

Animals.

Absolute animals.

Plenty of room for a T3 there too

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL485 View Post
    You do know what those 12v lumps turn into with a turbo bolted on dont you.

Animals.

Absolute animals.

Plenty of room for a T3 there too
    I know mate, i was thinking of buying a scrapped TXE and a 12v from a mate breaking another 25 and using the odd 21T parts, but instead the TXE got broken for parts for me to fix my V6 tubby up.

This car i'm going to leave as is, its a good honest old car in superb condition

Prab

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prab View Post
    I know mate, i was thinking of buying a scrapped TXE and a 12v from a mate breaking another 25 and using the odd 21T parts, but instead the TXE got broken for parts for me to fix my V6 tubby up.

This car i'm going to leave as is, its a good honest old car in superb condition

Prab
    If you ever have a spare 12v engine (or just the Head as thats the bit I really need) please give me a shout. I'm building a 12v Turbo lump and spare castings and valve gear are few and far between

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL485 View Post
    If you ever have a spare 12v engine (or just the Head as thats the bit I really need) please give me a shout. I'm building a 12v Turbo lump and spare castings and valve gear are few and far between
    If i come accross one i'll let you know but i'm on the hunt for a spare one myself as I am going to get a safrane 2.2 bottom end and put the TXI head on top, should be good for a 160hp n/a hybrid while still looking stock

Prab