Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

new project 5 gt modified

Ok so here's my new project.

I bought this around 2 months ago but have been really busy with a 200sx s14a project but now that's finished and up for sale i can start this one

The shell seems to be ok with very little rust the pictures are as i bought the car i have literally done nothing to it yet, i will be keeping the car modified with the kit that's fitted and resprayed in a blue most likely raider blue. The engine is a non runner although the previous owner assured me the engine has been rebuilt and just needs the wiring sorted and plumbing in. so first thing I'm trying to do is get the engine running.

The engine loom is in a bit of a state and think it'll be easier to replace this, can you buy these new? is it a hard job to do?

Here's some pictures..

Any advice is much appreciated Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: new project 5 gt modified

Think mike @ gt spares has them new, if not he can sort you a decent 2nd hand one. Fairly easy to swap loom over though, either way.

Like the fact you're keeping the body kit, will keep the cost down and you'll still end up with a nice car

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TNT Tricky Nicky View Post
    Think mike @ gt spares has them new, if not he can sort you a decent 2nd hand one. Fairly easy to swap loom over though, either way.

Like the fact you're keeping the body kit, will keep the cost down and you'll still end up with a nice car

I bought a new one from him last week.
    £170 Brand new in the bag !

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks that's good to know. I'm just waiting to hear back from a local chap who's breaking a few 5s hopefully he'll have one.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a mess. How many colours has that car been, lol.

Looks like the shell might be ok though and support a decent rebuild project What are the sills like?

I'll be very surprised if that engine has been rebuilt. Looking at the pics closely, it doesn't look like it's been in bits in recent times. No matter though, it might still be a decent lump and it's all part of the fun anyway

Good luck and keep us updated

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the car was red from the factory. It was then changed to blue and changed colour on log book. I think I'm going to keep it blue but not sure what blue yet. When I picked the car up the chap said cylinder 1 or 4 was damaged from a snapped ring so he replaced that and fitted an uprated h/g. I'm hoping it'll all fire up with minimal work. I was told the sills have both been replaced and after a quick look they look ok. If all goes well with this project the white 5 will be off the road and sorted out when this one is finished. Will keep thread updated although progress may be slow until the 200sx is sold