Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RTOC Slag, Full non O.E. rebirth of H154 TGO.

fresh alloys, look lovely mate

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice rims.... I have them in my collection of bada55 r5 shoes...

Post Thanks / Like

but i am biased

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J8TRO View Post
    but i am biased
    And a huuuuuuge bender

Post Thanks / Like

Looks a right shed to me .. i reckon you should sell it off quick

Post Thanks / Like

Finally into page two and well, lots going on right now with this build.

Made big progress today loads of updates coming this week.

Was so busy didn't really get any pictures, plus gotten to dark by the time I called it a day and I'm not one for posting up poor pictures.

So, for the minute, we'll stick with a couple of shots of engine bay progress, finally empty bar a few bits still mainly due to needing the dash out the way which I managed to get done today AND full interior strip to, and again, no nasty rust or rot surprises!

So close to welding stage now. And then the build can really start.

Waiting on a few people for parts to come in and hopefully I may even get my dash dismantled and sent off this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Got my rear bumper repair plates thanks to Ashley!

Just waiting on the front jacking points now then fingers crossed welding can start next week.

Post Thanks / Like

And here we have it, the next must have mod!

Power steering in a R5! Got my Clio 1.8 16v / Williams rack and fresh track rod ends, which will be powered by my saxo/106 electric power steering pump.

Just need to get a 50 amp relay and make up a loom for it which is simple enough. Possibly link the switch feed for the relay with the fuel pump relay so only active when the engine is running. I could put in a separate switch instead, but that will just add risk of forgetting to switch it on/off every time the car is used or operated by third party's.

Just need to get a pair of brackets to bolt the rack to the sub frame which I'm waiting to hear back about then its a simple case of making a couple hydronic lines to and from the pump and rack then jobs a gooden.

More about this once I'm at the piecing it all back to together stage which isn't far off now.

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be back up the old brands hatch workshop tomorrow to clear out the last R5 gtt and clio 16v bits for scrap, I'll let you know if I find the rack brackets ASAP.
    Matt.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Do the brackets from a mk 2 Clio fit? If so I have some sat around in me garage if they'll help. Also have RSI power steering pump and Volvo type if u get stuck ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Right, been tinkering round today and got some fresh decent pictures of what I've been upto, so here goes.

First up, whilst I was at dash removal stage, I started stripping it down and was told there a immobiliser fitted. After closer look etc I see there a alarm as well and a whole array of random switches hidden in glove box and other areas under the dash two of them with nothing connected other side or just wires that goes to nothing? The more I took out, or cut out shall I say, the more bodge wiring I found. This alarm install must of been wired in by a blind person. I'm no expert, but if you saw/found what I did, it was a fire hazard waiting to happen.

Here some picture.

And some of the "creative" wiring.

And here it is out, thank you and good night.

Post Thanks / Like

Then, after that drama onto removing the dash and the rest of the trim etc.......

Out come the dash.

Post Thanks / Like

And now for some clear shots of the bare or close to bare shell inside.

All pretty clean, pulled off more sound deadening, but forgot to get some snaps.

Anyway, rust wise, only surface rust a little on the rear windows as seen in pictures below, the left side looks a little worse but that mainly due to shadow and me not removing the window glass just to take a picture.

Anyway, here the rear windows.

So, pretty much running out of things to remove now. I'm basically at the stage of waiting on other people for parts, main one being front jacking points that to be honest, don't really need changing, but if ya going to do a build, why cut corners? Do it once and do it right.

Ps, More goodys coming next week, so hurry up mr postman!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@CodeRedMotorsports View Post
    I'll be back up the old brands hatch workshop tomorrow to clear out the last R5 gtt and clio 16v bits for scrap, I'll let you know if I find the rack brackets ASAP.
    Matt.
    Cheers, I got my brake carrier brackets today, thanks. Any joy on the brackets for the rack?

Quote Originally Posted by RSi SiDs 480 View Post
    Do the brackets from a mk 2 Clio fit? If so I have some sat around in me garage if they'll help. Also have RSI power steering pump and Volvo type if u get stuck ;-)

I'm all good on the pump buddy, but if the rack looks the same as mine pictured above then that's a result if Matt not got them.

So if ok, could you have a look and let us know just incase.

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the rack, and it has some brackets.
    You aren't that far from me really......?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@CodeRedMotorsports View Post
    I found the rack, and it has some brackets.
    You aren't that far from me really......?
    Pm.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I was hoping to have a load of updates for you guys, but not much has happen, this is still down to waiting on parts, main one being jacking points!

Been three weeks of promises on waiting for these to turn up then I can book the work shop for welding and get my mate to spray the engine bay and inside shell while its there. So really, even tho I'm waiting on other things, this is causing me the biggest hold up currently.

So my plan for having this ready and passing its first mot in 3 years for end of June is looking slim, and thats even with my big cash budget and free time ive cleared for working on it. All this said, I'm still pushing for this mot date, so if no jack points this weekend, I'm buying twice as I'm not one for wasting time for the sake of £100.

Rant over, my plan for my dash has gone turbo..... I've fully stripped it down and from having a good look at how its joined together, I don't think once I've broken the plastic welds it will be as solid or back together good enough to my standards, so a rethink into what I'm going todo with that now which is anyoing some what, but with my will not be beaten attuide, I think I've come up with reasonable solution.

Anyway, no post or update is complete without a couple of snaps, so here my dash fully stripped down and as it was out it only made sense to buy a fresh heater matrix to.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not ashamed to admit that a £100 part would slow me down, this definitely is going to be a big budget build still not sure what path this is going it may have been said but it's certainly got me intrigued keep the updates flowing bud

Trader
    GT Turbo Spares co.uk
    South East Regional Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goobie View Post
    , this is still down to waiting on parts, main one being jacking points!

Been three weeks of promises on waiting for these to turn up then I can book the work shop for welding and get my mate to spray the engine bay and inside shell while its there. So really, even tho I'm waiting on other things, this is causing me the biggest hold up currently.
    Have 15 sets of jacking points sat on the shelf can be with you tomorrow, courier collects in 25 mins.

Your not that far away from me and I have tons of new stock let alone the used stuff.

Thanks Mike
    Last edited by phase i 16 v turbo; 16-05-2013 at 15:17.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the offer, only reason I've waited as long as I have so far mainly due to me getting trade discount and no vat charge Now hardly seem worth the trouble for the sake of £35

Post Thanks / Like

Post edited, as was to revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nad-5GTT View Post
    I'm not ashamed to admit that a £100 part would slow me down, this definitely is going to be a big budget build still not sure what path this is going it may have been said but it's certainly got me intrigued keep the updates flowing bud
    Sorry, completely missed your post. It is a little bit top secret, I've got two engines, one works ok but just needs tweaking and a few different better parts bolted on which will most likely be going in very soon as I want to be driving this car around this summer or at least I keep telling myself that and the other one is blown and in bits.

Mean while since my last post, the post man has been again, once I've unwrapped everything and got the camera out, il upload some more pictures.

Arh, and so my smile has return!
    Last edited by Goobie; 18-05-2013 at 23:48.

Post Thanks / Like

Right, here goes, my box has popped up from Bob at CGB, so time for some more picture whoring!

Been slowly collecting exterior parts for my car, started with renewing my whole light set up, couple of which I got a while ago the rest today, anyway these are all the little touches that get over looked and complete the overall look etc after full repaint and it would just be wrong not to get new ones.

And my eBay £34 BARAGIN fogs!

Rear lights.

And lastly my rear number plate light lenses, cost me more than my fog lights!

All of which won't be going on my car this year at this rate as want full respray first.

Post Thanks / Like

Missed out the headlights not got any pictures thinking about it, I've got a set of Morette Twin Head lights, not new tho. But since buying them, I've seen they updated the design and they now have a crystal clear lenses, soooooooo I think I might sell mine and buy a fresh new set! And I've already been on the email and been quoted £320 hmm..........

While I'm at it, may as well post up my rep decals bargain thanks to Topcat and Scotty.

Post Thanks / Like

Good progress
    Whats the part number for the number plate lights please?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice project, some nice stuff being collected up

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Great project mate, shell looks nice and solid, lots of new oe parts going on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny5 View Post
    Good progress
    Whats the part number for the number plate lights please?
    I actually got those from Bob at CGB about £17 each. Mike sells them too.

Anyway the part number is - 77 01 366 035. There not sided.

Quote Originally Posted by *MrB* View Post
    Nice project, some nice stuff being collected up
    Thanks dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Raider View Post
    Great project mate, shell looks nice and solid, lots of new oe parts going on

Yeah, o.e. ish outside bar twin head lights and Williams alloys, but that's as far as the o.e. is going.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goobie View Post
    I actually got those from Bob at CGB about £17 each. Mike sells them too.

Anyway the part number is - 77 01 366 035. There not sided.
    Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Bored, got the polish out again and thought I might as well add a couple pic's to complete my light collection above.

Although, I didn't realised how poor condition my Morette's were, maybe it just me after looking at all my fresh spanking new lights. Anyway, possibly going to sell them and just buy a new set as still waiting to hear if their going todo me a deal or not before I part with some more £'s.......

Post Thanks / Like

Wow car looks great mate and solid for a gt can you do me a favour and measure the intake rings on your morrettes i need to buy some i think i need 100mm ones but want to be sure cheers mate

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Wow car looks great mate and solid for a gt can you do me a favour and measure the intake rings on your morrettes i need to buy some i think i need 100mm ones but want to be sure cheers mate
    No.......

Just sized it up now mate, full outter ring dia 120mm, inner free space dia 80mm and it tappers down to 70mm dia inside rear exit.

Can't give a price for that etc as was already glued on when I got the Morette's, but there is loads about on different sites in various colours and not sure if carbon fibre, but have seen carbon fibre effect one.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for doin that i got my eye on some carbon ones there exspensive but look good. thanks again mate

Post Thanks / Like

Got loads of new bits and bobs come in, still waiting on lots more as usual, but il update anyway.

Been focusing on suspension set up last week, I've got gaz Coilovers and their in need of a refurb as don't look to pretty, I can't comment on function as my car doesn't run. Sent a couple emails about getting them refurb but no reply as yet, what I really want to know is do they re zinc plate them? If they don't, then I think its a case of buying a new set or going with something else, undecided.

Moving on, brought new wishbones and ball joints and full set of polly bushes. Once I've got the subframe off, I will get it sand blasted and re powder coated along with my new wishbones to. Maybe even redone in a different colour for that "uprated" look.

Post Thanks / Like

Started on refresh/updating my braking system to! New handbrake cables and braided lines with a clear PVC coating to help keep them looking new, simple wipe clean for the win! More to come with my brake set up soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Refreshed my header tank and brake reservoir to while I was at it, the brown and green tanks just weren't going to cut it with my soon to be new looking engine bay.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gayboys car is gonna be minty fresh!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How much was the brake res mate?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sam M View Post
    Gayboys car is gonna be minty fresh!!!!
    Gay boy needs a turbo on his one eight poo! Surely you must miss the boost by now? As I keep saying, order a kit and il fit it! Or at least get some Coilovers!

Ps, where my frecking stereo lead?

Quote Originally Posted by Gtturbo View Post
    How much was the brake res mate?
    £17.99p plus post off eBay!

Current eBay item number - 280874546284

Post Thanks / Like

Loads more goodies turned up this past week and more should be with me this coming week, so lots up dates on the way when the other half of my missing order turns up!

Plus, should be making some good progress this coming week to, so watch this space for some more pictures of bank account killer goodies!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the eBay link mate

Post Thanks / Like

Got my windscreen out today, only took two and half hours!

Had a good poke around with the screw driver and only couple rust spots bubbling up and a dodge repair uncovered but all easy fixed!

Plus loads of other stuff done too, but no pictures. Things are slowly moving forward even tho I keep getting my time wasted by third party's, anyway after today's antics I'm near enough ready for the body shop so booked my weekend slot now to get my car in and weld it up and get some fresh paint on it!

Loads more updates coming this week!

South West Regional Rep Alastair's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That looks a very tidy shell!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
    That looks a very tidy shell!!!
    Thanks mate! I see some really bad ones that people have managed bring back to life and before taking mine apart I was prepared to see the same if not worse as been sitting for so long, but very please with how little rust etc Ive found so this has turned out to be a good gamble as I brought this one on a wim

Post Thanks / Like

More goodies,

Fresh wishbone bolts to go with my new wishbones and polly bush kit, along with new full rear wheel bearing kit, genuine clutch cable and brake master cylinder to go with my new handbrake cables and braided lines! More on my brakes later as waiting on the other half of my full front and read kit I've ordered to turn up then il post up what I've been upto.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got my new screw cap after waiting two and a half weeks!

Last edited by Goobie; 05-06-2013 at 13:13.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, while I'm posting brake related items, hopefully should have the rest of my new brake kit next week as fast approaching ten working days deadline! I won't hold my breath thought.

Forgot to add a picture of my gsf clearance bargain rear brake comp , £30 delivered!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Last of the picture whoring today I promise!

These turned up last week at long last. So that's it for now bodywork wise, I've got all I need to get on with the welding repair work.

Had a good go round yesterday to check I've not missed anything rust wise under the car, in little gaps, arches etc with my trusty mini sharp screw driver and I guess I'm all set to get lose welding and sealing now.

I've got big updates on that side of things too, so keep an eye on this thread over the next couple of days for some big updates!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you need to upgrade your photobucket account sir