Post Thanks / Like

1989 Tungsten Grey GTT for sale

Due to not huge amounts of spare time I`m putting my GTT up for sale just to see if there is any interest in the car basically the car has been fully restored by the previous owner listed below is a list of the work he had carried out just to save me droning on..The car has 112k miles on it 12 months mot (and a proper mot not a back hander affair there were no advisories and the tseter said there was nothing that needs attention or to keep my eye on other than keep on top of the waxoil and hammerite)Tax 11/13.There are no issues ie cooling system noises clunks bangs etc the car starts fine runs and drives boosts spot on.gearchange etc perfect..She burns no oil looses no water ..The car is fully standard other than a full stainless steel exhaust system.No bodged up tadged up wiring etc nothing missing broken bodged all interior great red carpet in great nick..Genuine renault floor mats.anti -perc fan cooling fan all work perfectly.Other than the listed work I have fitted new turbo/starter heat shields new ignition barrel new door shut pins....I can forward on more pics details to interested parties.I`m in no rush to sell but the car just does not get used much..I also have a full set of decals off Topcat/Scotty included..The only bad points to me are..You can just see some faint wet/dry marks in a couple of places on the bodywork which is a shame as the quality of the finish is as good as perfect..There are No dents scuffs scratches etc..priced at £3495 car is in E.Yorks mail me for more detials/pics to yfronts666@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1989 Tungsten Grey GTT for sale

I purely wanted to restore an R5 as I loved them in my early 20's although I always intended to sell there after , I have a bodywork only back ground . I only work in my wine bar on weekend nights so I worked on this vehicle virtually every long day for almost 3 months , the car was stripped to a shell with the remaining items being the engine , suspension , dashboard and fuel tank . All the plastics were prepped primed , the vehicle was then taken to a local bodyshop where necessary mig / spot welders were available the bodywork required small repair sections to the flitch panels behind the wing / headlamps , both sill panels had fabricated zinc plate steel sections fitted , again for both footwells , both 1/4 panels had replacement panel / rear bumper mount sections fitted , also both 1/4 panels had to have a repair section panel repairs to the rear arches ! The car is solid !!!! Small areas of Filler was applied to the osf wing x 1 dent , roof x 2 dents , tailgate x 3 dents ,the bonnet was replaced with a second hand panel due to the original having rust around the inside of the hinge structure , larger skims of filler were applied to the door skins and 1/4 panels mostly due to the wave look that these cars have when looking down the panels . Now all the panels are sturdy and looking well !! The repaint took place In the oven bake booth where 3 coats of 2 pack high build primer were applied , the vehicle (R5) was wet flatted before it was re-masked and then we applied a 3m 2 pack sealer to panel seams along the rear panel , front panel , then the and product was sprayed along the bottom flange of the sill panels , the R5 was baked in the oven at 80 degrees for 15 mins again then panel wiped several times , one coat of wet on wet primer was applied then 2 coats of water base original metallic grey then lastly 3 coats of laquer top coat !!. Before build up the r5 went on a ramp where all the copper brake pipes were replaced and the floor panel seams were applied with the 3m 2 pack sprayable sealer . The next morning a black underseal spray was applied to cover the grey 3m sealer , before build up alot of spray able wax oil was applied into all the inner sill 1/4 panel doors etc , I then took the vehicle back to my friends large garage for build up where it has been since , seats and carpets were pressure steamed and vacuumed with 2 outer bolster seat foams and covers had to be replaced , seat frames were sprayed black and rear seat back also , new clips to interior panel trims arches etc all renewed , new windscreen , wipers , outer screen seal , roof aerial , scuttle trim , second hand headlamp unit fitted due to poor brightness ! All the engine bay is present working and looking well and working as it should be !!! A mechanic I know came at different stages fitting new brakes discs , pads , brake pipes , complete engine service , second hand carb base as the mixture screw was seized , new clutch cable , thermostat , fan relay all replaced because as they are prone to fail , the vehicle runs at the right temp with the fan kicking in nicely , the turbo is standard and my mechanic says it has not been messed with and has a solid fan ??? This car has not been messed with by some boy racers it drives really well . All tyres are standard uniroyal tyres with 7mm tread . I had the wheels ,spare wheel , battery tray , spare wheel cage all powder coated . The only none standard items being the turbo heat shield , stainless steel exhaust system and that there are no door locks so the R5 has a none standard remote central locking system , there is a folder of all the cars history , receipts , MOT's , service book etc .

Post Thanks / Like

What a beaut!!! Do you part chop my mrs and nipper? Nipper is well behaved and the mrs hasn't got much wear and tear..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    What a beaut!!! Do you part chop my mrs and nipper? Nipper is well behaved and the mrs hasn't got much wear and tear..
    Brilliant Woody.

Can't believe you're selling this Nick. That's an awesome car. And that for that money you'll certainly get a buyer. Garage it and keep her mate

Post Thanks / Like

LOL all covered in that department but got 3 cats now the lad has grown up and they can be a right pain in the arse..May do a px for a good bmw E30 if it helps anyone out..also got loads of spare stuff that can be included ie new headlights new fogs new outer door window seals new gen front wings, a set of pattern sills..second hand aei unit new water pump new front brake calipers sec hand devil back box..new gen clutch cable second hand full subframe inc gearbox hubs driveshafts wishbones steering rack anti-roll bar.also new genuine remote locking fitted..and god knows what else..the car is superb to drive in the cabin one road there are no squeaks rattles and cant believe how good these old cars were for sound insulation there is no road noise at all..As mentioned I am testing the water as I just dont use the car much its just sat under a cover in my workshop..very busy at work and do a lot of fishing and away time with the wife in our T4 this takes up most of my time did around 300miles in the 5 last year and cant see that changing much for the forseable future..Oh I also fabricated up a soft clutch pedal conversion which for an old sod like me has literally transformed the clutch shes very light now and also no clutch slip crunching into gears etc just changed oil for synthetic oil not long ago..

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Stunning best of luck with the sale.

Post Thanks / Like

Very niceand only down the road from me,if only I had the spare cash n space

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

fantastic example

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Looks stunning fella

Post Thanks / Like

BUMP will do a deal with a mk2 golf gti/corrado etc thanks for looking...