Post Thanks / Like

Clutch

Hi guys i got myself a 172 flywheel to use on my f7p now i am going to use my 5 box can i use the c1j clutch on the 172 flywheel or i need to buy a 172 clutch kit

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by danielmk323 View Post
    Hi guys i got myself a 172 flywheel to use on my f7p now i am going to use my 5 box can i use the c1j clutch on the 172 flywheel or i need to buy a 172 clutch kit

c1j is a 200mm clutch
    172 fly wheel is 215mm clutch

dont think the c1j cover plate will fit the bigger 172 fly wheel,might have a different pcd also.

note the tdc teeth pattern are not the same as the f7p, so if your running a standard ecu. you may need to alter teeth pattern on 172 flywheel, to match f7p, check all this before you go any further

depending on power output and what the car will be used for, will determin what clutch you will need , if you intend to drag or track , then paddle clutch every time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAndy View Post
    c1j is a 200mm clutch
    172 fly wheel is 215mm clutch

dont think the c1j cover plate will fit the bigger 172 fly wheel,might have a different pcd also.

note the tdc teeth pattern are not the same as the f7p, so if your running a standard ecu. you may need to alter teeth pattern on 172 flywheel, to match f7p, check all this befor you go any further
    im runing a stand alone that's y i will use the 172 fw tank you for info so i need a 172 clutch kit now

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danielmk323 View Post
    im runing a stand alone that's y i will use the 172 fw tank you for info so i need a 172 clutch kit now

should be fine then with the flywheel, as reagrds clutch, then yes you will need something to fit a 172