Post Thanks / Like

Is rear stub axle replaceable

After some scumbag drove into the back of my 5 in the early hours of friday morning then drove off, i have been left with a wheel with massive toe-in. Ive had it on the ramps and there doesnt seem to be any damage to the beam, so the question is can the stub axle be replaced as it appears in haynes manual as that seems to be most likely cause. It was hit hard enough on wheel to buckle it. any helpful ideas would be much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is rear stub axle replaceable

Yes they can be replaced, expensive from Renault, i paid £125 a side and that was 6 years or so ago, so lord knows what price they are now, absolute nightmare to get off, it ended up taking me 5hours or so would have been easier to just find a good condition full rear beam swap over.

What a prick for driving off

Post Thanks / Like

Scumbag run off, go back to scene of accident and you may find the front plate. Happened to my mate. Good luck mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B18ftMOJO5 View Post
    Scumbag run off, go back to scene of accident and you may find the front plate. Happened to my mate. Good luck mate.
    haha, dont have to go too far, it was outside my house. been to police with the bits of dark blue paint and volkswagen wheel trim ive found but dont hold out much hope

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTphil View Post
    Yes they can be replaced, expensive from Renault, i paid £125 a side and that was 6 years or so ago, so lord knows what price they are now, absolute nightmare to get off, it ended up taking me 5hours or so would have been easier to just find a good condition full rear beam swap over.

What a prick for driving off
    cheers mate, i will have to strip disc and bearings off and have a proper look. A beam is probably the easier option in the end

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 5 gtt rear beam going cheap.
    I am in Croydon if you were interested and want to collect.
    I can arrange postage but due to the weight of the part it won't be cheap.

Let me know.