Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

anyone interested

basicalyy im thinkin of breakin my 5 it was originaly built but andy bloxsome, i bought it off his girlfriendover 4 years ago, it a b18ft conversion, 107000 on clock, t28 turbo, adaptronic ecu, speedline in mint condition , subaru front seats, bigger throttle bodie and camshaft, bigger injectors, pretty mint shell no rust on floor pans, o/s sill repaired, jus wonderin wat i could recoup because i dont think ive done 2000 miles since ive had it and i think its a waste even though i love the car, the turbo has been recond is this time too , i no this ad is a bit crap but just wonderin if any would be interested in the car or parts, i cant upload any tphotos, any question just ask thanks aaron

Committee member
    Rats Nest Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: anyone interested

I remember it when blocky / Gemma had it, nice car, how much?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

tbh i dont reali no wat its worth, thats why fort bout breakin it, i paid £3200 for in 2008 probably not worth this now.its jus niggly bits tht need sortin on it like wiring and stuff. someone who no would have to look at it and tell me wat its worth complete, probs worth a bit of money in bits

Post Thanks / Like

The 2000 miles have been hard ones though m8. Did you ever sort out the poor running when you had it over to scoff's ??

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

jus electrical fault like i said the alternator regulator was fault but got tht sorted, thats why i sed i would brake the good bits off it but ive thought bout it probably not gonna get rid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azzturbo1.7 View Post
    jus electrical fault like i said the alternator regulator was fault but got tht sorted, thats why i sed i would brake the good bits off it but ive thought bout it probably not gonna get rid.
    Good one mate. Trust its worth the wait especially with the spec you got. I waited 6 years and smile every time i drive mine. Its only running standard boost. 120bhp. Good luck mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B18ftMOJO5 View Post
    Its only running standard boost. 120bhp. Good luck mate.

b18ft std boost isnt 120? as far as im aware? or are you on a c1j despite your name lol

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

cheers mate, im jus gonna save up a bit of money and get it runnin like it was wen i bought it like a little rocket then , jus not as experienced as everyone on here, wen i took it efi parts the car had been stood for a few years and i jus rushed to gett the car on road to get it efi parts i got all excited, on the way there the car started missin but cleared up, then got it there turned car off and them woudnt start, the guy got it goin agen, it made 120 brake lol still beatin cars at tht lol , he managed to get 170 brake at 17 psi he sed for the spec it shud be makin 200 brake, tbf the guy tried his best but sec summat not right,and didnt want to go anymore fink he felt sorry for me and didnt charge me much and since tht day its never moved out the garage lol

Post Thanks / Like

Good service there.... extra work and reduced the cost another win for Scoff.
    120 is alot of power in a 5 but definetly below par on a b18ft lol get it running right atleast and it may change your mind

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

i defo gonna keep it, have u got volvo in your and wat spec and bhp?

Post Thanks / Like

nah... c1j and the usual bits and bobs, 17-18psi 201hp 200 lbsft would definetly consider the b18ft for the fuel consumption improvement alone lol

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

thts good figures tbf and mines not tht good has to run vpower

Post Thanks / Like

thts good figures tbf and mines not tht good has to run vpower
    Thanks, i was suprised to be fair, i allways run vpower too, only for peace of mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanls for the correction tony. I truth i dont knw how much bhp. I assumed 120. Its running. I havent done the scoff mod yet. Its fast enough for me.
    I will ask haz.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem.... i genuinely dont know either to be honest lol i just presumed it'd be more.
    The c1j is 120std so i presumed the b18ft would be around the 150-160 mark? at a geuss?

Post Thanks / Like

sorry mate quick google reveals it may well be 120 std?

Post Thanks / Like

I meant because it performed poorly on rollers m8.? I'm guessing not after your next few posts. Good to see your gonna keep it though. Bit of TLC and she'll be a good un again. It was a really good solid shell back then....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    sorry mate quick google reveals it may well be 120 std?
    Exactly that m8, only 120bhp out of the factory. Iirc the original boost control solenoid reduces boost higher up the revs therefore lessening the overall figure but allowing for good low end torque.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah torque was impressive.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah th shell is still quite good, i got the bit of rust round the window and door done jus missin the decal now, wen i get more money im gone get you or someone who knows about these to rebuild it to get it back to the old days im not gonna f--k it agen wen i do, and the insurance has come down so its all gd. i do think it either needs the intercooler moving or a biger rad cos it gets quite hot.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah th shell is still quite good, i got the bit of rust round the window and door done jus missin the decal now, wen i get more money im gone get you or someone who knows about these to rebuild it to get it back to the old days im not gonna f--k it agen wen i do, and the insurance has come down so its all gd. i do think it either needs the intercooler moving or a biger rad cos it gets quite hot.
    Possibly just having the carb set up properly may help before looking at spending a fortune on a new rad?
    Last edited by fat roofer; 01-04-2013 at 13:14.

Post Thanks / Like

The radiator fitted could manage 10-15 minutes of hard track use until the temperature climbed up to point where it was safer to ease off for 5 mins or so. I tried it :-D A bigger radiator will help to keep temps down, and an external oil cooler would be a good idea too. I don't think it ever had one fitted, i can't remember it's quite a while ago now ! As fat roofer says, first make sure everything is working as it should be and nothing has changed that could cause it to overheat.....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah true ill think bout these option wen its runnin good again!