Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: grp front bumpers on the bay. wake up call

I was saying phase 1 grills as an example. Bumpers are being remade allready by cgb and as you mentioned earlier we would be in direct competion with bob and he is selling the bumpers at £200 for front and £120 for rear i think thats a good price? I used phase 1 grills as an example because you just cant get them and phase 2 grills alot of cars were modified and original grills lost thrown away wateva and now the trend seems to be putting these cars back to original

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    Has anyone checked if bumpers are still available from Renault? I'm pretty sure they still are as my friend bought one very recently
    yup been down to renault still 8 availible and thats in the uk. the rest are ordered through from france dunno how many are left in france tho.

Post Thanks / Like

I was gonna say, plus the last 2 I bought were only about £100 a pop

Post Thanks / Like

Yet another panic buy scheme by bob.
    Like I said bumper strips made the price triple because he said they were extinct.
    Once the bumpers run out I would bet that they made more.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob must be able to make a bigger profit on his copy's..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    Bob must be able to make a bigger profit on his copy's..
    No point you having a 5 dog$hit..when did you last work on it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gttnutter View Post
    No point you having a 5 dog$hit..when did you last work on it?
    Yesterday
    Show him the pics Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    Yesterday
    Show him the pics Dave.

Wow, 3 years nearly and I've done nothing... Lower screens in now, thanks to 2 lovely members coming over and sorting it out..

What's a lower screen, and did dave actually do anything? Looks like you and logg most likly done it

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gttnutter View Post
    Wow, 3 years nearly and I've done nothing... Lower screens in now, thanks to 2 lovely members coming over and sorting it out..

What's a lower screen, and did dave actually do anything? Looks like you and logg most likly done it

you poo licker, ive done loads.. i had to remove the lower windscreen surround one weld at a time and not feck the shell up.. then i had to cut away what was needed from a campus surround that mike got for me.. not easy when your as slap dash as i am..

its grafted in really well..

anyway, back on topic, mug me off in my thread

Post Thanks / Like

Also grp one will always require a lot more prep to make them look any good, adding to labour or bodyshop bills... I'd rather go to Renault, get a genuine for under a ton and get it painted up. Job done. Bob needs to stop scaremongering lol

Post Thanks / Like

anyone know about injection moulding?

Post Thanks / Like

Just letting everyone know that I live in Telford and work about 5 mins away from CBG and live on a farm so might be able to help out with contact and storage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robx1r View Post
    anyone know about injection moulding?
    I also used to work at palstic omnium injection moulding ford and land rover bumpers. It's a costly process to get the moulds and equipment required.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous dave View Post
    you poo licker, ive done loads.. i had to remove the lower windscreen surround one weld at a time and not feck the shell up.. then i had to cut away what was needed from a campus surround that mike got for me.. not easy when your as slap dash as i am..

its grafted in really well..

anyway, back on topic, mug me off in my thread
    need my screen sorting, got a genuine renault repair panel to be fitted, was it hard to do??

Bumpers... So these are still available from renault for circa 100 and bobs asking silly money for a firbreglass copy, they will as said need more prep work. I could understand if he was doing copy's and selling for similar money but at the cost advertised... Ouch. 1 advantage though the fibreglass ones should be alot lighter

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gttjames View Post
    need my screen sorting, got a genuine renault repair panel to be fitted, was it hard to do??
    Not hard, just takes time..

Removed the screen with a hammer and various heavy duty tools, chucked it into the skip.. I only did the lower section so took the knotted wheel to it and found all the spot welds, drilled them out, had to cut the chunks out to expose other areas a bit at a time.. The hard part was removing the replacement cleanly.

You should be fine...

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I rang renault they said frount bumper no longer available. what renault said there are 8 left so I can try them it would save me a long drive

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dansr5gtturbo View Post
    I rang renault they said frount bumper no longer available. what renault said there are 8 left so I can try them it would save me a long drive
    That's weird, I spoke to my local stealership this morning and they said they have 1 in stock, Renault uk have 8 and there a dozen sat in France. 106.00 + vat

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry not able to help with the actual process of getting moulds built or setting up a fabricator for parts but i am willing to help with initial purchase of moulds. Obviously i'd be interested in the club taking ownership or rights to moulds so we keep it more in house.
    I'd be more biased to the phase 1 parts as there now so scares but the phase 2 will need some thought before we all full to over priced parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Everybody seems to be struggling to get ph2 grille's so they might be worth reproducing?

Fibreglass ph2 bumpers aren't a new thing, i had one on my old white gtt years ago. Not sure who made it mind but it weren't o.e.

Post Thanks / Like

yer phase 2 grills would be good to get made up, iv got one but see people asking for them alot

and with regards to renault stock, it depends who you ask, iv asked a dealership in cambridge and been told 'none available' then rung bury st edmunds renault and been told 'can have that next day'

Post Thanks / Like

Regarding moulds for front bumpers, are they the same textured finish like the genuine ones?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I rang bury st edmunds renault today and asked if they have a bumper they said no stock in uk and in France. I have rang 6 renault dealerships to day all say out off stock. People on here who say they are avable can you pleese pm me what dealership you rang? It would be a big help. Also why are people buying bumper copys at £250+ if they are still available from renault for less than £150 ?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dansr5gtturbo View Post
    I rang bury st edmunds renault today and asked if they have a bumper they said no stock in uk and in France. I have rang 6 renault dealerships to day all say out off stock. People on here who say they are avable can you pleese pm me what dealership you rang? It would be a big help. Also why are people buying bumper copys at £250+ if they are still available from renault for less than £150 ?

yep, i smell bull**** coming from the direction of renault dealerships maybe more from the bury st edmunds branch than most others

wests of kingslynn, confirmed today also none in stock/out of production,

reckon marky b and oli are smoking crack again, who's im not sure

as regards cgb the price for the grp bumper ,you forgot to add on th £80 odd they want for the strips also prima racing are still better value

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

At least it is not just me getting out of stock all the time also gt turbo spairs put the price up so that tells me they are no longer available.

Post Thanks / Like

Ill call them tomorrow, I know ross who works there bought one a couple of months ago, bury are awesome, never any probs with obscure parts, always do me staff rate and they keep any old stock that's gettin written off and let me know to pick up my box of goodies :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    Ill call them tomorrow, I know ross who works there bought one a couple of months ago, bury are awesome, never any probs with obscure parts, always do me staff rate and they keep any old stock that's gettin written off and let me know to pick up my box of goodies :-)
    haha nice mark, id love that free parts.

Cambridge are useless, where as bury are allways happy to help with the times iv needed them to, even got it delivered to me, cant complain with there service

East Midlands Regional Rep Os8472's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I spoke to them again later in the day speaking to someone else about something else and mentioned it and got a different story, Yes Ross got their last 1 not too long ago, sorry guys for giving you hope