Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oil pressure ?

I just fitted an aftermarket oil pressure gauge to my b18ft using the standard volvo sender unit. Will it read correct ?

I've got a sender unit that came with the gauge but the thread does not match and I had no time to go and buy an adapter so I just tried with the oem sender unit..

It reads about 5 to 5.5 bar when just started and falls to 3 bar when warmed up to about 70 degrees Celsius (using 10w 40 synthetic based oil). Does that sound correct ?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Oil pressure ?

Quote Originally Posted by inkubus91 View Post
    I just fitted an aftermarket oil pressure gauge to my b18ft using the standard volvo sender unit. Will it read correct ?

I've got a sender unit that came with the gauge but the thread does not match and I had no time to go and buy an adapter so I just tried with the oem sender unit..

It reads about 5 to 5.5 bar when just started and falls to 3 bar when warmed up to about 70 degrees Celsius (using 10w 40 synthetic based oil). Does that sound correct ?

wont read correctly, i would imagine you need the specific sender for the gauge,unless you go mechanical ,rather than the electric item which you have now at a guess, mechanical are better, but require more work to fit

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

I've swapped the sender with the one that came with the gauge and the pressure reads 1. 5 - 2 bar at idle when warm. How does that sound ?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

thats normal,and will be fine