Post Thanks / Like

trying to remove alarm, not sure what to disconect, pics?

Ok so havnt got a remote and never heard an alarm, only thing that works is immobiliser. And I have the click click click vroom! Which I think iv traced down to bad alarm fitting so causing alot of resistance in the wirring from ignition.

1- This is in the bulk head, im guessing not standard fitment? So can I chuck it and about 10inches out of the wirring goes to a white plastic connector, is this genuine or can it all go?

2- a splice - can I just remove it?

3- wow! Earths under the steering wheel and goes to alarm wirring - just remove?

4-removed instruments and found this underneath - just remove?

5- now this block connector clips into the wirring which comes from the ignition barrel.as you can see the red wire has been spliced into the alarm, so can I just disconnect the splice here? And you can see the white wire has been cut just under my thumb with more wires added in, can I cut this and join it below to the white wire at bottom of pic as I think that's where it would originally go?

So basically can I remove all the alarm boxes and wirring and with the removed splices and the 2 wires properly joind from back of igniton barrel wirring that should be it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: trying to remove alarm, not sure what to disconect, pics?

I have just done mine mate basicly on the immobiliser just breaks into original ignition barrel wireing on mine it was as simple as cutting immobiliser out and putting wires back together. On the alarm side of things does it break into the wire for the aei if so put that back to original then i had to bypass the aei realy i dont know why could of been a coincidence does that make sense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    I have just done mine mate basicly on the immobiliser just breaks into original ignition barrel wireing on mine it was as simple as cutting immobiliser out and putting wires back together. On the alarm side of things does it break into the wire for the aei if so put that back to original then i had to bypass the aei realy i dont know why could of been a coincidence does that make sense
    Kind of, worried im going to start removing it and it then wont start atall. I think mine does go to the aei line yer aswell

Post Thanks / Like

snip one at a time then check it starts, when you get to one that stops it starting you need to figure out what it does lol
    alot of the time there attatched to central locking too.

Post Thanks / Like

If u have probs gimme a holla dude, I was a cat 1 fitter and have done alarms for a few people on here ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Walker View Post
    snip one at a time then check it starts, when you get to one that stops it starting you need to figure out what it does lol
    alot of the time there attatched to central locking too.
    Yer i did think this tony but figure even if i disconect 1 wire from the alarm it will stop it starting, but i need it all remving

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markey b View Post
    If u have probs gimme a holla dude, I was a cat 1 fitter and have done alarms for a few people on here ;-)
    il txt you mark - good excuse to nip down on your bike???