Post Thanks / Like

'Raggy' GTT Project

Okay, I'm a complete novice regarding car projects...so I plan to learn and adjust as I go. I bought my 5 from a fellow RTOC member and it seems the car has been affectionately known as 'Raggy' for a number of years...so I thought I would refer to it in the same way.

My original plan was to return the aesthetics of the car to a standard spec, which would of course mean losing the bad boy bonnet (I really don't like them) and Campus grille, replacing the rear bumper and tailgate, and returning the side decals. I have already purchased a set of original Speedline alloys and I'm currently in the process of having them refurbished.

However, I'm now really liking the though of a total carbon fibre vinyl wrap. If I go down this route I'll leave the rear tailgate and bumper as I think they will look better in a wrap than a standard looking back end.

Anyway, I'll add bits and pieces to this thread from time to time and see what happens

Here are a couple of pics of Raggy just before I bought him...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'Raggy' GTT Project

from the pics the paint looks good and panels look straight - don't cover them up (my opinion)

oe wheels will look better aswell, agree

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

She looks nice from the side bud, I'd keep her looking oe and play with the power. Please don't wrap it though it looks to clean to do that to it imho

Post Thanks / Like

I think you are both right...it is a clean example (just a few scratches and marks). Very good underneath as well, no real rot. I think I'll stick with my original oe plan and go for a summer respray