Post Thanks / Like

Alloy pipe mm

Hi guys I want to tidy up my hoses for the 4x4 ic what's the mm I need to order off eBay? Trying to get the joins down.. Or had anyone got a nice set up there willing to sell?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alloy pipe mm

2 inch which is around 51mm is the size of the standard boost run, however the outlets on the cossie cooler are larger if I am correct and may require reducers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    2 inch which is around 51mm is the size of the standard boost run, however the outlets on the cossie cooler are larger if I am correct and may require reducers.
    I'm already set up and running daily I just want to tart it up really just the bits you can see mainly from carb to alternator bend.. I'm not paying the crazy gt tuning prices when it's only £7.99 a foot off eBay

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use ally pipe but if you want it pretty then get chrome as the ally dulls and looks gash very quickly although its much lighter. Try to get it with flared ends aswell otherwise you have to put up with boost pipes popping off at 24 psi.
    Tons of variables and sizes on the bay.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by car.crash View Post
    I used to use ally pipe but if you want it pretty then get chrome as the ally dulls and looks gash very quickly although its much lighter. Try to get it with flared ends aswell otherwise you have to put up with boost pipes popping off at 24 psi.
    Tons of variables and sizes on the bay.
    So I'm guessing I need half a meter with a 90degree bend to get over the alternator.. The rest I have and you can't see so not bothered about them being chrome.. Makes me laugh they charge an extra £4 for a bend wow just checked and the price doubles for chrome lol

Post Thanks / Like

Be carefull with metal pipes over the alternator as it has live ends and if it earths out on your pipe you may have a fire.
    I once touched a small spanner from the alternator onto my braided oil hose next to it and it welded the spanner to it.
    Chrome won't get you home but it looks better than ally

Post Thanks / Like

Yer I may not bother with that also I have and like the DV being there we will see ha anyone got the measurements?

Post Thanks / Like

i ended up using B&Q 'breakfast bar leg' - comes in chrome. - you will have to weld some 'pips' around the edges so the pipes don't slip off on boost. Only way i could find 60mm tubing cheap.....