Post Thanks / Like

Rot Box

Having finished the complete strip down of my 5 now and decided to crack on with the welding I have discovered there isn't really much car left to weld

I have now however sourced another 5

Just want to go out and play in the sunshine now! Hurry up the weekend so I can get the engine back in!

In other news if anyone would like to buy the small pile of rust that once was my 5 feel free to get in touch...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rot Box

Hi mate, are you selling your pile of rust complete, or will you be breaking it down into smaller piles

What colour was/is it please?

Post Thanks / Like

Well as i had already stripped it all the way down i'll be selling the bits on. Anything thats left i'm hoping will be picked up by one of the R5 parts dealers that are around rather than see rare stuff go to scrap.

The car was matt black with kawasaki green sills, bumpers and mirrors.

I've arranged a donor so first thing is to get that running and then i'll be listing the bits. Anything you have in mind?
    Last edited by AidenJ; 18-02-2013 at 20:51.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm after a standard white bonnet and possibly tailgate as well. But never mind, thanks for getting back to me

East Midlands Area Rep Mr Raider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of interest was it a H plate bought from Yorkshire somewhere?! remember a guy at Frog at the pod in 2010 had a car that was green and black just like that

Post Thanks / Like

Nah it was a G reg and I picked up at the other end of the country in Ashford. Knowing what these are like it could well be the same car still ha