Post Thanks / Like

Mk5 Golf GT TDi

Down to have a look at this Golf tomorrow, I'm in unfamiliar territory regarding value so i was wondering if this seemed about right for what it is. The GT model seems half decent, remap brings it to 180bhp and about 280ft/lbs. Hope the link works

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...gti/1009495850

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mk5 Golf GT TDi

price wise seems good buddy, beware of the dual mass flywheel judder (you will notice it on idle) very common fault and the parts alone are around £500

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeR5GTT View Post
    price wise seems good buddy, beware of the dual mass flywheel judder (you will notice it on idle) very common fault and the parts alone are around £500

Cheers Lee i'll check it out tomorrow... Also, any ideas on cambelt change intervals and how much it would be to have done?

Committee Member
    Social Media
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Cheers Lee i'll check it out tomorrow... Also, any ideas on cambelt change intervals and how much it would be to have done?
    vw state every 4 years or 80k usually mate, if you decide to make an offer on it, at 150k miles its nearly due another belt so id be knocking £300 off the asking price straight away

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeR5GTT View Post
    at 150k miles its nearly due another belt so id be knocking £300 off the asking price straight away

That's what i was thinking, i'll see what he has to say

Post Thanks / Like

Majority of mk5/audi's diesels have flywheel judder, even from nearly new they were always coming back through warranty. You'll feel it when pulling off. Most people live with it now.

Egr valves are notorious. You can remove and clean them in an ultrasonic bath for like £20 and the come up as new. Or about 160 odd new. You can delete the egr which would solve a headache all together.

Motor for Intake manifold flap. Another common fault. Around 250-30 for the motor depending where from. Check the fuse 1st

If you have access to any diagnostic then I'd defo check the memory for any stored faults for any vag you look at.
    Most of the above have a tendency to throw the eml light on and off like a kettle.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a gt tdi golf and that always had clutch judder i thought clutch was going

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gttnutter View Post
    Majority of mk5/audi's diesels have flywheel judder, even from nearly new they were always coming back through warranty. You'll feel it when pulling off. Most people live with it now.

Egr valves are notorious. You can remove and clean them in an ultrasonic bath for like £20 and the come up as new. Or about 160 odd new. You can delete the egr which would solve a headache all together.

Motor for Intake manifold flap. Another common fault. Around 250-30 for the motor depending where from. Check the fuse 1st

If you have access to any diagnostic then I'd defo check the memory for any stored faults for any vag you look at.
    Most of the above have a tendency to throw the eml light on and off like a kettle.

Excellent, thanks for the heads up. I've had clios for a few years and kind of know my way round them but thinking about buying a car i have no knowledge about is a little daunting, especially when you're about to hand over more than 3k in cash to a private seller