Post Thanks / Like

ECU help + get her running!

Hello again people im still stuck on my conversion not running its pissed my off for a few weeks but now im going to make her work!

Right when i got her all wired up and ready for the first turn of the key it just turned over and over, i have fuel pump but nothing else. So we thought the ecu might be immobilised so James5 helped my find a phase 1 ecu and sort that . I put my chip in and tryed starting it but nothing i turned the chip round as i dont know which way the arrow point? and still got nothing. So i guess my old ecu must be fine and somthing else?

Take me back to basics people, i have fuel pump but no power to injectors and no spark.

What can i test next?

Oh and a couple of pics of the 2 ecus with the chip i dont know which way it goes (right ecu is phase 1)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ECU help + get her running!

All the earths ok and relays working? The ecu should only go in one way round, look on the printed circuit board for a small half moon where the chip mounts, this should correspond with the half moon on the chip itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Think i will go relay shopping tomorrow. The earths seem ok but i will check them and might even stick a couple more in.

Post Thanks / Like

It's odd as IIRC the no spark & injectors I thought was the ecu immob.

You should have just plugged the phase 1 in 1st to see if it fired up & then at least you know the chip was FUBAR...

Post Thanks / Like

The ecu came with just a chip carrier fitted so i could not test it

My chip goes into another chip carrier which plugs into the ecu chip carrier does that make sence? lol. So chip into another thing before it goes into the ecu. Does that seem right? or do i need to get a pic up?

Committee, South East Regional Rep James5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
    The ecu came with just a chip carrier fitted so i could not test it

My chip goes into another chip carrier which plugs into the ecu chip carrier does that make sence? lol. So chip into another thing before it goes into the ecu. Does that seem right? or do i need to get a pic up?
    Your fastchips chip needz to stay in that 2nd board its like a descrambler for the fastchips chip if not there 2 or 3 pins are the wrong way.

Check those relays I am quiet stumped without seeing and looking at it its quiet hard to work out a prob as its cranking