Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Mummy's 182 is losing power

She was out for a burn up earlier and said it was dropping power while your adding pedal.. In the end it comes back and your of like a rocket as normal...

It done it to me a while ago, holding 50mph and while I wanted to get to 60, it decided to lose power until it sprung back into life..

I'd didn't feel to me like a misfire at the time but I was in shock that the awesome 182 of dreams had after 50k of pretty much problem free driving, had decided to tw&t me about..

Any input before I have to search though many a bucket thread..

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mummy's 182 is losing power

Try this.... See if there are any logged codes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Does it sound like a deisel from the cam cover when warm and gets quieter when revved, check connections to pedal pot and throttle motor, any lights on dash when it does it?
    Also check the connection to the vvt solenoid.

Classifieds Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

nice one, i'll get on that monday as i wont see the car till then.. forgot all about the code trick..

the cars only killed a coil pack in the early days and due to her 64yr old driving style kicked the sensors on in the past.. i give it some beans when i get a chance and keep it cleared out.. no lights have been on, it wasnt a jerking, it was smooth loss and gain so i was thinking spark and fuel are ok..

the belts, pulleys were done a good 10k ago, im not sure what faults they kick up, but its been good till now so ruled that out..

i'll report back once ive seen the car

Post Thanks / Like

mine did this occasionally, WOT and nothing then suddenly off like a scalded cat, about a day later an injector gave up, stuck a spare in and been fine since

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    mine did this occasionally, WOT and nothing then suddenly off like a scalded cat, about a day later an injector gave up, stuck a spare in and been fine since

My 172 killed an injector a while back and it did this. The light didn't come on on the dash until the injector gave up altogether.