Post Thanks / Like

Garrett GT28R

As per title, GT28R to fit straight onto a standard 5gtt exhaust manifold. Comes with elbow piece for std boost hose, machined inlet flange i had made to accept the std 5gtt air filter telephone hose and connections for std gtt oil feed and return pipes.

This turbo has blown oil seals and requires a full refurbishment before it is used

Impeller and turbine fins unmarked, unsure of condition of roller bearing and spool.

£150 plus postage.

Trader
    Nocturnal Developments
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garrett GT28R

That looks like the Nissan t28's I usually suggest for the Volvo conversions, normally .64 housing but that looks like a .82? But that's what I used. They are normal 270 bearings, not roller. I was under the impression that roller bearing cartridges can't be repaired and the housings would be different too. They start spooling about 3200, 1bar about 4k, so higher for the gtt.

Post Thanks / Like

It's from Glenn's first quarter mile car originally. He had it built with a roller bearing. I had it on the track car for a while with a std cam. Started spooling just under 4000 and had full boost by 5000rpm. It gave a hell of a shove at full boost too!

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, I was quoted £175-£275 for a rebuild on this turbo (depending on what was needed) in May last year by the Turbo Centre UK in Heckmondwike, west yorks. They built the turbo originally.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive still got this, if anybody wants it ill be flexible on the price