• rallyday - castle combe

1 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Leeds & South Yorkshire Area Rep
    Loose Bolts Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Possible events, have your say

just an idea lads, wouldnt it be better to have a main event every three months so that people on a budget get chance to save etc, and that way you get a stronger turnout.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    just an idea lads, wouldnt it be better to have a main event every three months so that people on a budget get chance to save etc, and that way you get a stronger turnout.
    That is a valid point mate but we have got one at castle combe so its doubtful everyone from down south will go to that but alot of the northen lads may do then theres pod and trackdays everyone has a favourite plus we are getting people to vote so in reality there choosing which events they can do

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, although that makes perfect sense on paper, it doesn't actually work. Look at The National Day. That happens once a year, everybody knows when it is as the date is announced early, yet hardly any members turns up (% wise)

Leeds & South Yorkshire Area Rep
    Loose Bolts Tuning
    Post Thanks / Like

but we have had situations were people have said i cannot do because i am going to the ring or national day is the same month as fcs, so people cannot do both.
    Tbh the weather and the other things going on in peoples lives lives plays a massive part in events also.
    One thing i wouldnt mind doing that i have seen is a tunnel run, cannot beat seeing loads of motors in a massive convoy like when national day was held at fcs a few years ago and we all drove from the campsite to rockingham.

Committee, Shop Manager, SE Regional Rep Bigfoot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

but we have had situations were people have said i cannot do because i am going to the ring or national day is the same month as fcs, so people cannot do both.
    Tbh the weather and the other things going on in peoples lives lives plays a massive part in events also.
    One thing i wouldnt mind doing that i have seen is a tunnel run, cannot beat seeing loads of motors in a massive convoy like when national day was held at fcs a few years ago and we all drove from the campsite to rockingham.

Road trip

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%C3%A6rdal_Tunnel

But a choice is always good to go for with events for those who can make them that day. But as for ND I am not sure what puts people off as its a great day to meet people.

Post Thanks / Like

Has everyone voted?!?! Some great ideas and thoughts on here, keep it up.

Castle Coombe is an hour and a half from me (Staines), I would attend (and track my car) if we had an event there.

We also need more members to sort out some local meets, Mike in Milton Keynes was going to sort something out and we could all so the same. We have at least 2 monthly meets around Surrey (Surrey meet and Ace Cafe). These are all FREE and only require you to turn up, Renault Turbo in toe or not!

The overall idea with RTOC events is to have something for everyone, this can be a challenge as we are all into different things: Show and Shine comps, Track days, Drag Strip events (this is not a ladyboy taking their clothes off ), Rolling Road days or just a piss up and a party.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we sort a southern area meet? Brands hatch or somewhere? Nationals is a no go for me due to the distance. It's a 7 hour round trip for me and I'd only be able to go for a day due to work commitments.

Be nice to see some other turbo'd renaults local

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

How about trying to organising an event here

http://www.maitlandracing.com/north-...tune-calendar/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    Can we sort a southern area meet? Brands hatch or somewhere? Nationals is a no go for me due to the distance. It's a 7 hour round trip for me and I'd only be able to go for a day due to work commitments.

Be nice to see some other turbo'd renaults local
    Davo, what are thinking about doing: A track day? Meet other Renault Turbo owners? Or both?

There are a lot of people local to Chelsford. The southern X-mas do was in Cambridge and we had over 18 people turn up (+1's included).

Non-member Matt@CodeRedMotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be up for brands thrash day.

Non-member Penfold aka The Dealer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@CodeRedMotorsports View Post
    I'd be up for brands thrash day.
    Take the red 5 and Demo it to potential buyers

Post Thanks / Like

Good idea, depends on how many 'bite marks' you want to end up with on the passenger seat Shoppers....

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romil Davda View Post
    Davo, what are thinking about doing: A track day? Meet other Renault Turbo owners? Or both?

There are a lot of people local to Chelsford. The southern X-mas do was in Cambridge and we had over 18 people turn up (+1's included).
    Yeah a bit of both mate. Be good not having to travel loads.

I reckon the south and south east area would be ideal for a mini meet. What dya reckon?

Post Thanks / Like

I personally think we should list all names on a National day list..... then tick whos attending/Paid So people online get a good idea whos going then the people who arent attending have to write why they cant lets see the best excuse best excuse gets a free ND ticket so they have to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm definately up for the Retro Ride day in August.

Post Thanks / Like

Right guys i have put the poll back on here after it got lost i know its annoying but please can you vote again thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like

Bump

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to those who have voted so far keep it up guys

Non-member Pete@Backyard Racing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Birmingham nec classic car show gets my vote. Maybee we could talk to the raoc, Rccc, Clio sport and the other renault clubs to get a stand near them. We might get some new members from it.
    I went to last years ccs and couldn't believe how many car clubs there were. Even the fiat panda owners club turned up ffs but not r5gtt in sight.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Reed View Post
    How about trying to organising an event here

http://www.maitlandracing.com/north-...tune-calendar/

Post Thanks / Like

Have you been there before dave what day in particuler did you have in mind for it mate?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pete@Backyard Racing View Post
    Birmingham nec classic car show gets my vote. Maybee we could talk to the raoc, Rccc, Clio sport and the other renault clubs to get a stand near them. We might get some new members from it.
    I went to last years ccs and couldn't believe how many car clubs there were. Even the fiat panda owners club turned up ffs but not r5gtt in sight.
    Fiat pandas owners club lol we should look into as your right its great advertising because you get thousands of people goin to that show

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Have you been there before dave what day in particuler did you have in mind for it mate?
    Yeah been quite a few times in the past... They only seem to hold test n tune days, think is maybe a gd place for a southern meet & anyone else who's up for a bit of a laugh.. Maybe someone could speak to them and arrange something? They also do sprint courses at the same venue, however I don't know much about them and think you need to be part of a sprint type club..

Post Thanks / Like

Fiat pandas owners club lol we should look into as your right its great advertising because you get thousands of people goin to that show
    There actually is one
    http://www.pandaownersclub.co.uk/

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah been quite a few times in the past... They only seem to hold test n tune days, think is maybe a gd place for a southern meet & anyone else who's up for a bit of a laugh.. Maybe someone could speak to them and arrange something? They also do sprint courses at the same venue, however I don't know much about them and think you need to be part of a sprint type club..
    we could have a word with them and see if we can go on a day when theres a test a tune day. that way we can find out if you have to be in a sprint club?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nottswoody View Post
    There actually is one
    http://www.pandaownersclub.co.uk/
    you a member woody? a secret passion?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a member of Sevenoaks and district motor club, we organise sprint courses at North Weald as part of the speed league. To do sprints to msa standards, you are looking at a club membership, a speed licence, signed into a local championship, have all relevant safety equipment and an eligible car.

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

we could have a word with them and see if we can go on a day when theres a test a tune day. that way we can find out if you have to be in a sprint club?
    The drag racing side of it is rwyb (same as pod etc) so really all we'd need to do is ask if we could have a club stand of some sort and I little area??? It's also quite a cheap day out..

Thanks Matt, that's right it's the Sevenoaks club as I know a couple of people who are part of it... Do they not do rwyb type sprint events at all Matt?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a member of Sevenoaks and district motor club, we organise sprint courses at North Weald as part of the speed league. To do sprints to msa standards, you are looking at a club membership, a speed licence, signed into a local championship, have all relevant safety equipment and an eligible car.
    so thats a no then unless you went on ur own matt going solo for RTOC do you have any ideas on events for the club matt

Post Thanks / Like

The drag racing side of it is rwyb (same as pod etc) so really all we'd need to do is ask if we could have a club stand of some sort and I little area??? It's also quite a cheap day out..

Thanks Matt, that's right it's the Sevenoaks club as I know a couple of people who are part of it... Do they not so rwyb type sprint events at all Matt?
    oh sorry i was replying to matt then dave so the drag raceing is run what you brung ?

Non-member
    Post Thanks / Like

oh sorry i was replying to matt then dave so the drag raceing is run what you brung ?
    Yeah Chris that's correct the drag racing is run what ya brung..

Post Thanks / Like

so thats a no then unless you went on ur own matt going solo for RTOC

I don't mind doing that.....

They do auto solos, which are borderline sprints, less restricted on cars and equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a quick vid of the North Weald course I did in Ricardos clio and mine....this is Jeff in his supercharged zetec engined Sylvia.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HLk7dn3pDrs

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a quick vid of the North Weald course I did in Ricardos clio and mine....this is Jeff in his supercharged zetec engined Sylvia.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HLk7dn3pDrs
    Jeff is a frigin loony so what events would you reccomend matt as you move in the motersport circles

Post Thanks / Like

also can everyone who voted before please do so again as we had to redo the poll because it broke

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff is a frigin loony so what events would you reccomend matt as you move in the motersport circles
    That course was crap that day, came close to rolling Ricardos car...... his face was a picture when I came back to the paddock.

If someone were interested in base level Motorsport events, then sprints/hillclimbs are probably the best option, as mentioned join a local club etc.....

Of course, racing is the next step up, but more of a cost really, there is the cost of a trailer, a barge to tow it with, more safety equipment than a sprint car, more stringent rules than sprints, the cost of tyres.....The list goes on, sometimes the cost of building the car is nothing compared to keeping it running.

What's the criteria for the 'club event'? I suppose you would have more fun at a trackday than a sprint, but no 'completion', you certainly get more value for money/track time compared to a sprint too.....

It's a shame World Series is a no go in the uk, great event. Personally I'd like another anniversary race of the cup cars, or something like that, but we live in the real world.

Post Thanks / Like

there is no critera its just trying to get everyone involved in the club and get people to come to meets i personaly like lots of type of motersports and so on i go to alot of vintage truck shows and i go to some bike meets with freinds and obviously i like anything to do with cars

Post Thanks / Like

I see yes, in fact reading over what you asked in the first place and what I've written.....makes me sound like I'm on some really strong medication....

I did mention in another thread about the crystal palace sprint, and possibly getting a stand there too, its a great event, its held on a bank holiday normally, its the ONLY motorsport event in London. There are some great cars like gt40's, bugatti type 35, ex formula cars, historic racers and modern LMP style cars. Great for spectators, general punters and enthusiasts. The paddock is open in the trees so you can get up close and personal with the owner/drivers as well as the cars.

Post Thanks / Like

i will google it tomorrow and have a look mate can car clubs have a stand on there aswell

Post Thanks / Like

Yes.

I'll ask at my end and see what happens?

In the meantime, have a looksie here.......

http://motorsportatthepalace.co.uk/

There is a contact here.......

exhibitors@motorsportatthepalace.co.uk
    Last edited by Matt@CodeRedMotorsports; 03-02-2013 at 23:22.

Post Thanks / Like

26+27th of may ok cool well see what you can find out it does look realky good and as its a bank holiday its worth traveling for and make a weekend of it

Post Thanks / Like

That's it. plus if you tell the other half you fancy a couple of days in London together I bet her eyes will light up and she will say yes!....

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

keep the votes coming people every one counts and is very important we get as much feedback as possible

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluntyR5GTT View Post
    keep the votes coming people every one counts and is very important we get as much feedback as possible
    i agree only 18 people have voted i think people don't realise that the vote had to be reset so if you voted before then please do so again. thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Chris did you try that link in the crystal palace event? The one for exhibitors.

Post Thanks / Like

Chris did you try that link in the crystal palace event? The one for exhibitors.
    hi matt how are you i pmd you twice buddy i asked if you could email me the link medchris@live.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Must have missed that as inbox is filling up...
    I'll do it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Got it cheers mate i will have a read when i get home

Post Thanks / Like

What about a 'Run to the sun' (doesn't have to be Newquay) type event?

It was banded around a few years back, but never went any further than that. Might be more interest for doing it this year?

Committee Member
    North West Regional Area Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

run to the sun is a brilliant thing and id love us do something like that, and defo consider newquay as the destination